Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Not usual buzz/excitement for season

I'm always excited about a new season starting but one thing I'm not looking forward to is the possibility of a poor start and Pearson being booted out before October and then having to start the whole merry-go-round process again.

We need to stick with a manager for at least two seasons.

I don't think Jay has even mentioned money?

We have, so far, not reinforced in those positions that some of us think we should, and there is talk of departures?

Money wasn't even mentioned..and there have been many decent players available this pre-season on a free?

Exactly! It's not about the money for me and that's why I didn't mention it, I generally don't see many positive vibes coming from the club and can see exactly the same problems we had last year happening again. Lack of wide players, lack of strength and creativity in midfield, strikers being left isolated, defence exposed etc etc can't see we have addressed any of those really. Would love to be proved wrong though

After years of boring football, underachievement and getting ripped off by a club who it seems would rather me not attend, I just don't really care anymore.

I actually miss the football season in general, but not ours.

Exactly! It's not about the money for me and that's why I didn't mention it, I generally don't see many positive vibes coming from the club and can see exactly the same problems we had last year happening again. Lack of wide players, lack of strength and creativity in midfield, strikers being left isolated, defence exposed etc etc can't see we have addressed any of those really. Would love to be proved wrong though

This for me is the big crux, I know their is still time in the transfer window but ideally you would to have those players in those positions before the season starts, it isn't as if we cannot bring them in for lack of transfer funds.

Koren (500K)/ Buzacky (free) - as that playmaker

LW may cost a bit more but we know Dyer's limitations.

The reality of being a Leicester fan. Expect disappointment and you won't go far wrong :

I'm sure fans of a number of teams feel like that most seasons.

We've had very few signings to get the excitement flowing. Pearson football is predictable.

After the exciting signings of Mills, Beckford, Fernandes and other big earners, good. I don't mind predictable football if it wins us promotion.

Going to be long, grinding season. If we do well it'll surprise most of us.

Who is most of us?

I've only just joined these boards but am a bit shocked by the pessimism of fans. I honestly think that if I felt as negatively about Pearson or Beckford or our football in general, as some people here do, then I would probably consider that football is not the sport for me. Why pay good money to be miserable?

After years of boring football, underachievement and getting ripped off by a club who it seems would rather me not attend, I just don't really care anymore.

I actually miss the football season in general, but not ours.

Come on Kintch, why so serious?

joker.jpg

I don't think Jay has even mentioned money?

We have, so far, not reinforced in those positions that some of us think we should, and there is talk of departures?

Money wasn't even mentioned..and there have been many decent players available this pre-season on a free?

Alright then explain to me how two members of Manchester United's academy (One who their fans were likening to Scholes before he picked up injuries), a defender on a free who Premier League Norwich fans felt was their best CB, and expected to go to Villa. A striker who scored over 30 goals in the BSP and was attracting interest from our competition, and a good target man (A position we do need to strengthen in), is a 'lack of positive signings'?

Just because we haven't spent millions of pounds on players with high reputations doesn't mean we haven't strengthened the side or made positive signings, of course we have.

Mark w.. There's your answer

IMO.

That's fine (Though I'd dispute the need for a playmaker until we've had a good look at James), my point was that it's unfair to say we've made no positive transfers.

Alright then explain to me how two members of Manchester United's academy (One who their fans were likening to Scholes before he picked up injuries), a defender on a free who Premier League Norwich fans felt was their best CB, and expected to go to Villa. A striker who scored over 30 goals in the BSP and was attracting interest from our competition, and a good target man (A position we do need to strengthen in), is a 'lack of positive signings'?

Just because we haven't spent millions of pounds on players with high reputations doesn't mean we haven't strengthened the side or made positive signings, of course we have.

I think the lack of excitement, for me at least, isn't that we haven't signed players who may be good .... It's that none of them captures your imagination and gets you thinking "wow I can't wait to see this guy ripping the opposition apart" .... We won't sign anyone like that because NP doesn't want to sign players like that ....

He wants a team of solid performers and no stars .... that's fine as a style of management and it will get us so far ... maybe even the play offs ..... but it doesn't excite me... "effective" football not "exciting" football.

If you want to go to school and brag to your mates we are above them in the league then great - be excited .... But if you want to spend your saturday afternoons and thousands of Pounds on entertainment and you don't expect it to be that entertaining then you probably won't feel excited right now.

The Thais just didn't know enough about football when they appointed NP as a replacement for Sven - the obvious difference in style is just too much of a contrast and will leave alot of fans feeling flat - and sure enough it has.

I think the lack of excitement, for me at least, isn't that we haven't signed players who may be good .... It's that none of them captures your imagination and gets you thinking "wow I can't wait to see this guy ripping the opposition apart" .... We won't sign anyone like that because NP doesn't want to sign players like that ....

He wants a team of solid performers and no stars .... that's fine as a style of management and it will get us so far ... maybe even the play offs ..... but it doesn't excite me... "effective" football not "exciting" football.

If you want to go to school and brag to your mates we are above them in the league then great - be excited .... But if you want to spend your saturday afternoons and thousands of Pounds on entertainment and you don't expect it to be that entertaining then you probably won't feel excited right now.

The Thais just didn't know enough about football when they appointed NP as a replacement for Sven - the obvious difference in style is just too much of a contrast and will leave alot of fans feeling flat - and sure enough it has.

The Thais want results it is a results business not playing style business, if NP doesn't deliver than the consequences are their for all to see.

The Thais want results it is a results business not playing style business, if NP doesn't deliver than the consequences are their for all to see.

It's a business and having happy customers is part of it, some will be happy with results, some with performances, all if you get both.... Granted results also get you the financial positive of promotion, but you also have to consider excitement and entertainment in the football business.

It may be OK to have no excitement in the short term of it gives you promotion, but it can only ever be short term. Unless you think the Thais would be happy owning the PR machine that is Stoke??

It's a business and having happy customers is part of it, some will be happy with results, some with performances, all if you get both.... Granted results also get you the financial positive of promotion, but you also have to consider excitement and entertainment in the football business.

It may be OK to have no excitement in the short term of it gives you promotion, but it can only ever be short term. Unless you think the Thais would be happy owning the PR machine that is Stoke??

I don't think the Thais are that bothered how we play football as long as we get the results, NP has been given the summer to establish his own squad he will be judged on results simple as, if he doesn't deliver promotion than he will be out the door I imagine.

I don't think the Thais are that bothered how we play football as long as we get the results, NP has been given the summer to establish his own squad he will be judged on results simple as, if he doesn't deliver promotion than he will be out the door I imagine.

I don't know where you are coming from half the time, compounded with your dismissal yesterday of Oakley who, you were slating as a sheep shagger, 'born and bred in derby' when, of course, he was born in Peterborough.

Anyway, results are massively important but so is entertainment. Football is still a glitzy business which is why fans, clubs, sponsors will pay through the nose to watch their stars.

This will be no different in Thailand and the LCFC brand will be marketed on the back of both results AND excitement.

If we grind out one nil wins, week in week out, this will be good in terms of points gained, but will actually bore us all to tears.

I agree with the poster above. I'm yet to feel excited by any of the signings so far. The 'thrill factor' that one player who I'm going to look forward to seeing on opening day, is just not there yet. I'm looking forward to seeing the new lads of course, but I'd like us to make our 'marquee signing' if you like, to kick everything off. A good one, preferably.

I don't know where you are coming from half the time, compounded with your dismissal yesterday of Oakley who, you were slating as a sheep shagger, 'born and bred in derby' when, of course, he was born in Peterborough.

Anyway, results are massively important but so is entertainment. Football is still a glitzy business which is why fans, clubs, sponsors will pay through the nose to watch their stars.

This will be no different in Thailand and the LCFC brand will be marketed on the back of both results AND excitement.

If we grind out one nil wins, week in week out, this will be good in terms of points gained, but will actually bore us all to tears.

I agree with the poster above. I'm yet to feel excited by any of the signings so far. The 'thrill factor' that one player who I'm going to look forward to seeing on opening day, is just not there yet. I'm looking forward to seeing the new lads of course, but I'd like us to make our 'marquee signing' if you like, to kick everything off. A good one, preferably.

I understand where you are coming from, of course we want to see attractive football being played but by appointing NP you aren't going to get that unfortunately when the Thais appointed him they made a sacrifice imo in terms of what they wanted i.e results minded football and that is what they care about judging on sacking Sven 15 games into the season.

I think the lack of excitement is because we think we know what we're going to get in terms of performances. Pearson left, came back and hadn't changed his managerial style.

Previously his style reaped instand rewards and the majority were willing to overlook the lack of 'style' because of its perceived effectiveness, upon his return he instigated the same style and nothing happened. We neither got better nor worse, we just sort of existed.

In the close season we have recruited players who the vast majority of fans will know nothing about, there is no sense that player X or Y will dramatically alter our fortunes.

I think the underperformance of the national team hasn't helped (and I'm aware that statement seems slightly ridiculous but let me attempt to explain). When you watch the rest of Europe (and now the world in the Olympics) adopt a completely different style to our national squad it forces you to reflect on what you and your club are doing. To even the most myopic England supporter it is self evident that we are years behind the rest of Europe and to see that your national squad play the same system as your beloved club side is disheartening (and I wouldn't restrict this lack of enthusiasm to just Leicester).

I am not looking forward to the season because (as I have repeatedly stated) I don't enjoy the way we play. Other's are looking forward because they do not expect to get promoted.

I think this was the case a few years ago ... but news flash - we aren't beggars any more!

Funny, I must have missed that season where we played stylish football and finished in the top six...

I can't wait to see what teams some of you amazing football experts are managing next year, opinions will always vary and we are ALL allowed to air them but for FFS you call yourself LCFC fans then moan and bitch about everything, last year there was too much hype and expectation , this year not enough we haven't got this we haven't got that, we need this and we need that. Here's my opinion....... fvck off back to your computer football make believe lands and I will look forward to the season starting like I have every one for the last 43.

Funny, I must have missed that season where we played stylish football and finished in the top six...

Yes because we've had rich owners and money for investment for one season let's abandon stylish football as a plan. You can't help but notice the amount of people on here bored / unexcited by the prospect of the season ahead .... each one of them is worth at least £500 a season to the club. There'll be 1000s more sat in silence at home thinking "can i be arsed with football this season?".

Anyway, I can see why the whole forum is polarised - It doesn't matter if you say anything reasonable there are always people like you banging the same drum in every post that just polarise any rational debate into "hate boring football pearson" / "Who cares about style, love your club & nigel is the club" camps.

Anyway, I can see why the whole forum is polarised - It doesn't matter if you say anything reasonable there are always people like you banging the same drum in every post that just polarise any rational debate into "hate boring football pearson" / "Who cares about style, love your club & nigel is the club" camps.

Yeah these boring 'want the best for the club' folk are a real downer.

I can't wait to see what teams some of you amazing football experts are managing next year, opinions will always vary and we are ALL allowed to air them but for FFS you call yourself LCFC fans then moan and bitch about everything, last year there was too much hype and expectation , this year not enough we haven't got this we haven't got that, we need this and we need that. Here's my opinion....... fvck off back to your computer football make believe lands and I will look forward to the season starting like I have every one for the last 43.

And God forbid that we discuss anything apart from "I love my club and manager and anyone that isn't excited by that should crawl under a rock".

I'll be there just like my previous 38 seasons too .... and will probably invest in a season ticket for the 22nd season running .... and I buy between 4 and 6 each season. But hey .... your's is the only valid viewpoint. Go Nigel's boys x

Archived