Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Not usual buzz/excitement for season

How can anyone get excited, with Pearson running the show. Boring, uninspiring football, here we come!

You know what, I enjoyed watching Sven's team in 2010/11, quick, flowing football and scoring plenty of goals.

Yet all of a sudden he changed, the style changed and we became what you are accusing Pearson of being. Pearson didn't take the entertaining Sven team to this style, Sven himself did it.

Beckford, again rumours like you say though.

I have to say I was happy when we signed Mills - He was, from what i'd seen the best defender in the league, I was wrong, very wrong.

Was I excited? No, not really, like I said earlier in this thread, I haven't had the buzz, excitement, anticipation, enjoyment for a good year, probably more. I haven't quite turned my back, I am obviously still taking interest otherwise I wouldn't be posting on these boards, I was talked into giving it one more season with a Season Ticket, i'll see how it goes this season, I trying to get the excitement and buzz but I just don't seem to be getting it, like I said i've struggled for a a good year, probably more - Infact probably since the playoff loss to Cardiff.

It seemed like a chor going to games last season rather than going for enjoyment, the number of away games I attended last year dropped dramatically.

With MM i think we all more or less did, (fair play to you for admitting it also ). so can we blame Sven for thinking the same?

its all well and good looking back now and saying sven wasted money bought in egos etc but at the time we thought it was the right thing ourselves.

at the minute i cant really get excited myself but thats more a NP thing for me. but as you say least we are still taking an interest.

its all well and good looking back now and saying sven wasted money bought in egos etc but at the time we thought it was the right thing ourselves.

So it would be wrong to blame Sven for those signings because we were excited about them? :S

There's a reason he's a football manager and we're fans, he signed those players, they weren't good enough, that's his fault. I agree with you in that he should have been given a bit more time to try and work things out, but you can't deny he wasted an awful lot of money on a set of fairly average Championship players.

So it would be wrong to blame Sven for those signings because we were excited about them? :S

There's a reason he's a football manager and we're fans, he signed those players, they weren't good enough, that's his fault. I agree with you in that he should have been given a bit more time to try and work things out, but you can't deny he wasted an awful lot of money on a set of fairly average Championship players.

how do you no they wasnt good enough. was 2 points off the play of places with over 30 games to go.

thats like saying in 13 games if were not in a top 6 spot then vardy james etc are not good enough and NP has wasted the money.

how do you no they wasnt good enough. was 2 points off the play of places with over 30 games to go.

thats like saying in 13 games if were not in a top 6 spot then vardy james etc are not good enough and NP has wasted the money.

And unfortunately, whichever your viewpoint of your discussion there ... that's exactly what will happen!

You know what, I enjoyed watching Sven's team in 2010/11, quick, flowing football and scoring plenty of goals.

Yet all of a sudden he changed, the style changed and we became what you are accusing Pearson of being. Pearson didn't take the entertaining Sven team to this style, Sven himself did it.

I agree with this ..... But i believe that he was trying to balance his attacking free flowing football philosophy with a little bit more of a defensive bias .... it went too far that way, and he'd have tinkered with it a bit until the right balance was achieved.

That's why, IMO, we were so near to getting it right under Sven, we'd gone from one extreme to the other and just needed to find the balance .... And then we tore it up and went and appointed a manager that couldn't be more different and would never have worked on that balance with the same squad, Ie make the small changes required ... he was always going to rip it up and start again. That's why it's so bloody frustrating - we didn't need to start again.... we were a bit of seasoning away from the perfect recipe, but we've thrown out the dish and started chopping carrots to start again!!!

The game against shrewsbury really put the upcoming season in perspective and i dont blame Pearson because he still hasnt had enough time but the team again looks like it might have the edge of inconsistency which is our achelles heel. Disapointment might loom again but we are used to it.

Because the goal, with the money we spent and what was said by the owners, was clearly top 2. We didn't even look likely to finish in the top 6.

We've spent a considerable amount less under Nigel so the expectations should be somewhat lower.

As I said I think Sven should have had more time, but under both managers, Mills, Peltier, SSL, Beckford etc. looked distinctly average. Add to that the money we spent (Wages and/or fees) on people like Michael Ball and John Pantsil, it really is no surprise that the owners felt a little cheated when they were sat outside of the play-offs. That's not down to Sven as a manager, that's down to stupidity in the transfer market both in terms of fees/wages paid and the number of players we brought in.

And unfortunately, whichever your viewpoint of your discussion there ... that's exactly what will happen!

You obviously seem to want that to happen. Sure ignore Nigel's record when he has had a transfer window and full season at clubs before. What a stupid post.

Because the goal, with the money we spent and what was said by the owners, was clearly top 2. We didn't even look likely to finish in the top 6.

We've spent a considerable amount less under Nigel so the expectations should be somewhat lower.

As I said I think Sven should have had more time, but under both managers, Mills, Peltier, SSL, Beckford etc. looked distinctly average. Add to that the money we spent (Wages and/or fees) on people like Michael Ball and John Pantsil, it really is no surprise that the owners felt a little cheated when they were sat outside of the play-offs. That's not down to Sven as a manager, that's down to stupidity in the transfer market both in terms of fees/wages paid and the number of players we brought in.

You obviously seem to want that to happen. Sure ignore Nigel's record when he has had a transfer window and full season at clubs before. What a stupid post.

It's the last thing i want to happen but I think it's inevitable and always was since the day he was re-appointed.

It's the last thing i want to happen but I think it's inevitable and always was since the day he was re-appointed.

Any reason for that, or just you talking out your arse?

It's called an opinion. You illiterate and aggressive little boy.

Surely your opinion can't be so strong that you think it's 'inevitable' without a reason?

Surely your opinion can't be so strong that you think it's 'inevitable' without a reason?

Yes it can. But i won't bore you with the many reasons .... just look back at my many previous posts ....

OR

Think about last season for yourself.

Think about last season for yourself.

He has had three years at Leicester,

One season rebuilding a side that had been on a downward trend and winning a division that countless sides before and after have failed to get out of at the first attempt.

One season finishing 5th with a side constructed with very little money in the Championship.

One season with someone elses side whilst missing the pre-season and taking over part way through the campaign, finishing just outside the play-offs.

I don't see how that equates to guaranteed failure this season in the Championship with a full transfer window, and a considerably larger amount of money to spend than the season he got us into the play-offs. Whatever, it's your opinion, I just would have liked to know how on earth you came to that conclusion.

Not having been a member of FT for too long I am interested has this bitching and moaning always gone on or has it got worse since the Thais came in and with the money came the expectation? Would love to meet up in a pub pre match at some point put some faces to the names and have a beer and a discussion without any of the abusive crap. Any thoughts chaps ladies....bridge too far?

Not having been a member of FT for too long I am interested has this bitching and moaning always gone on or has it got worse since the Thais came in and with the money came the expectation? Would love to meet up in a pub pre match at some point put some faces to the names and have a beer and a discussion without any of the abusive crap. Any thoughts chaps ladies....bridge too far?

Get yourself to the counting house from 12 on the opening day of the season! See you there!

Why should the expectations be any less? you said yourself its the manager who buys the players, he has bought who he thinks are capable of getting us up. if vardy dont make the step up then thats 1 million on a non league player.

can see excuses being found all ready in case of failure so NP dont get non of the blame...

Why should the expectations be any less? you said yourself its the manager who buys the players, he has bought who he thinks are capable of getting us up. if vardy dont make the step up then thats 1 million on a non league player.

can see excuses being found all ready in case of failure so NP dont get non of the blame...

I don't believe for a second we will finish outside the play-offs with Pearson in charge. But obviously if we fail to do so Nigel will have to take the blame, I imagine the result will be him no longer managing Leicester City. Don't really want to think about that possibility to be honest though and I doubt, based on his track record, that will happen.

It would for me i'm likely to get my head kicked in. But apart from that if we have no chance under Pearson could someone please explain why the bookies have made us one of the favourites for promotion ?

Archived