Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
theferret

60 mill for finishing bottom in premier

by all accounts if you finish bottom of premier in year 2014 the money you get will be 60 million pounds. even more reason why we need to get promotion and not get left to just amble along in the championship as the also rans, because in five years time can see a mini leauge forming in the championship when the same few teams will yo-yo between the two the two divisions.

its already a mini league

that figure does beg the question, how many City fans would be accept it if the owners said after getting promoted that they were going to spend only £15-20m of that figure in an attempt to stay up for the 1st season and use the rest to pay off debts?

Personally if they actually said that and said the manager wouldn't be made a scapegoat if we couldn't stay up I wouldn't be too upset about it

This obsession with money I find really odd....why does everything think its the only way to succeed?

Maybe its just how the modern fan feels about it...kinda sad if true....I'd rather follow teams like swansea than have someone bankroll the club.

This obsession with money I find really odd....why does everything think its the only way to succeed?

Maybe its just how the modern fan feels about it...kinda sad if true....I'd rather follow teams like swansea than have someone bankroll the club.

I agree. Money to me means that our club will still exist in the future not that we should spend it all on transfer fees and wages to bring stars to the club

its already a mini league

that figure does beg the question, how many City fans would be accept it if the owners said after getting promoted that they were going to spend only £15-20m of that figure in an attempt to stay up for the 1st season and use the rest to pay off debts?

Personally if they actually said that and said the manager wouldn't be made a scapegoat if we couldn't stay up I wouldn't be too upset about it

I think that's almost what West Brom did the first time they went up - took the money, made a token investment, bounced back up with a stronger squad and were in a position to stabilise at that level. Risky, as there are no guarantees, but it worked for them.

I think that's almost what West Brom did the first time they went up - took the money, made a token investment, bounced back up with a stronger squad and were in a position to stabilise at that level. Risky, as there are no guarantees, but it worked for them.

Up, down, up, down, stay up turned out to be a really good strategy. Can't see our fans being patient enough for it though

Aye, I'd happily take a couple of years of yo-yoing to be in West Brom's position now.

Even better to skip all of that though and be in Stoke's position, straight up to be a mid-table side. I'd rather hope we were playing nicer football though, I want my team to entertain as well as win.

Aye, I'd happily take a couple of years of yo-yoing to be in West Brom's position now.

Even better to skip all of that though and be in Stoke's position, straight up to be a mid-table side. I'd rather hope we were playing nicer football though, I want my team to entertain as well as win.

i dont mind how we play are football to much aslong a we get results although i can see why people would also want to see there team play attractive football

Id like to think they'd be some middle ground between heavy investment and evolution with the right infrastructure bit like Brighton are trying to do, good ground, good fan base, good manager and a few quid to spend but I doubt any owners are patient enough for that to remain sustainable...

I think most would rather have the yo-yo effect an earlier post suggested this way te cash continues to come with a lower level of overall investment!

Does the money for promotion increase or are the FA happy to allow a bigger gap between the 2 leagues?

The FA have very little to do with this it's between the PL & FL and it depends on how much the PL are prepared to give up from their significantly more lucrative TV deals as to whether the gap gets bigger or not and as they are a stand alone business they don't have any legal obligation to do so.

by all accounts if you finish bottom of premier in year 2014 the money you get will be 60 million pounds. even more reason why we need to get promotion and not get left to just amble along in the championship as the also rans, because in five years time can see a mini leauge forming in the championship when the same few teams will yo-yo between the two the two divisions.

It is a mini league, has been for many years. Teams that get promoted are capable of finishing mid table (Stoke, WBA for example) but probably nothing more without a massive injection.

Archived