Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleckneymike

It's all a bit Sousa this

the bottom line is this: players earn stupid money these days. players can't play stupidly well every game. people get angry. the answer? a wage cap...these stupid fvcking losers should only be able to earn £1000 a week for kicking a ball of air around, FACT.

And how are you going to make sure that all the other countries adopt it? Or should we just have a situation where any player with the slightest bit of talent buggers off abroad and the British game as a whole is left as a collection of league 2 players and youth teamers?

A wage cap is completely impractical, and, unlike the subjective nonsense you've just spewed, that is a fact.

Given the thread title - did anyone see Andy King's comments in the Mercury yesterday. "Leicester will give someone a good hiding."

Deja vu?

I read it and feared the worst - incredibly the worst happened.

Pearson got it wrong, totally. As for how much time you give to a manager who seems to be unable to get any Leicester side to play consistently well during the first half of a match, I have to question.

Blackburn apart we never play well in the first half of any match. It should be during the first half that we win matches. Pearson always seems content to give the opposition more respect than they deserve and hopefully get into the dressing room at half time without conceding.

That is a flawed philosophy for any team who want to win anything. There should be dynamism from the first whistle, our aim should always be to go in at half time at least two goals up - it won't always happen, but it would happen far more often than it ever has done under Pearson during his times with us, if we had more desire to achieve from the start.

A half hearted approach at the start of every game is not the way to build confidence. Batter the bast*rds from the start should be our 'mantra', then take it from there.

As for Burton, yes in theory the players selected should have been able to win, but huge mistakes were made by Pearson.

Whitbread has not played for months, and his first time defender partner has in recent months only played a couple of times, a good few weeks ago.

Morgan should have started with one of them. I knew that Pearson would choose the midfield we had even though Gallagher is rubbish. I have a feeling he will be gone soon. At last Pearson has recognised that Gallagher's inflated opinion of himself is far higher than his actual ability. I cannot believe it has taken him so long to realise this.

The biggest mistake from Pearson was with the strikers, and this really worries me, he just may actually be dim.

What an opportunity missed - we have a selection of decent strikers, who are not scoring enough from the chances being created - an average normal manager ( not even a quality manager ) would have used the opportunity to put Vardy or Nugent or Beckford or two, or even three of them on for the first half and said, 'here you are boys, dip your bread, have fun, get a few goals then I can bring a couple of youngsters on in the second half'. Now that is not rocket science.

Just a footnote, Waghorn is never going to be good enough. We need a manager as dim as Pearce to buy him, or take him on loan.

And how are you going to make sure that all the other countries adopt it? Or should we just have a situation where any player with the slightest bit of talent buggers off abroad and the British game as a whole is left as a collection of league 2 players and youth teamers?

A wage cap is completely impractical, and, unlike the subjective nonsense you've just spewed, that is a fact.

I'm unsure how I personally, am going to ensure other countries adopt it. although that's irrelevant to me. as long as we adopt it, I couldn't care less if Wayne wazzer Rooney went to play abroad.

if your telling me that an arsenal team fielding 11 foreigners, possibly without one mercenary having even been born less than 100 miles from their stadium, is better than a collection of league 2 players and youth teamers, then you sir, are a peon.

I'm unsure how I personally, am going to ensure other countries adopt it. although that's irrelevant to me. as long as we adopt it, I couldn't care less if Wayne wazzer Rooney went to play abroad.

if your telling me that an arsenal team fielding 11 foreigners, possibly without one mercenary having even been born less than 100 miles from their stadium, is better than a collection of league 2 players and youth teamers, then you sir, are a peon.

Define better? Because, y'know, I think the standard of play would be better if Man City were fielding Aguero than Billy fucking Kee. If you disagree, then by the same notion - you are a peon.

Pearson got it wrong, totally. As for how much time you give to a manager who seems to be unable to get any Leicester side to play consistently well during the first half of a match, I have to question.

Blackburn apart we never play well in the first half of any match. It should be during the first half that we win matches. Pearson always seems content to give the opposition more respect than they deserve and hopefully get into the dressing room at half time without conceding.

That is a flawed philosophy for any team who want to win anything. There should be dynamism from the first whistle, our aim should always be to go in at half time at least two goals up - it won't always happen, but it would happen far more often than it ever has done under Pearson during his times with us, if we had more desire to achieve from the start.

A half hearted approach at the start of every game is not the way to build confidence. Batter the bast*rds from the start should be our 'mantra', then take it from there.

As for Burton, yes in theory the players selected should have been able to win, but huge mistakes were made by Pearson.

Whitbread has not played for months, and his first time defender partner has in recent months only played a couple of times, a good few weeks ago.

Morgan should have started with one of them. I knew that Pearson would choose the midfield we had even though Gallagher is rubbish. I have a feeling he will be gone soon. At last Pearson has recognised that Gallagher's inflated opinion of himself is far higher than his actual ability. I cannot believe it has taken him so long to realise this.

The biggest mistake from Pearson was with the strikers, and this really worries me, he just may actually be dim.

What an opportunity missed - we have a selection of decent strikers, who are not scoring enough from the chances being created - an average normal manager ( not even a quality manager ) would have used the opportunity to put Vardy or Nugent or Beckford or two, or even three of them on for the first half and said, 'here you are boys, dip your bread, have fun, get a few goals then I can bring a couple of youngsters on in the second half'. Now that is not rocket science.

Just a footnote, Waghorn is never going to be good enough. We need a manager as dim as Pearce to buy him, or take him on loan.

Agreed that Morgan should have started on Tuesday. Playing both Whitbread and St Ledger, neither of whom were anywhere near match-fit, was a massive gamble which backfired big time.

Gallagher's days at the Way are numbered - his substitution and the reaction to it told him and NP everything they needed to know. If any club comes offering £500k this week for him, we should bite their hands off.

By the way, isn't the Waghorn you so casually slate the same player who was our top league goalscorer in 09-10? He wasn't at his best on Tuesday, but then again, neither was ANY City player.

Nugent for me is the real worry. Whenever I've seen him this season he's always been sluggish and off the pace. Tuesday was another example. Is he another player who's had a bust-up with the management?

To be honest we've lost 2 games where we were the better team thats just bad luck.

We've lost one game in the cup agaisnt a lower league team where we put out too weak a side - thats an error by the manager but we arnt the first to make that mistake..

Under Sousa the players simply looked unfit and the firs tteam was getting outplayed by all and sundry.

Archived