Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleckneymike

It's all a bit Sousa this

I genuinely feel for Pearson. I really disliked the way we set up last season but this we've been a breath of fresh air, sadly that fresh air has been blowing near the nearest sewage works.

I hope he can remain committed to his new attacking ethos and not allow this run of bad form to change his set up.

I tend to agree. We played well under Sousa on occasions but still lost and then it put pressure on us and we started getting hammered.

It's all well and good playing well and losing but only if you quickly turn it round, history suggest unlucky teams go on to fail and rapidly.

This is getting very Sousa esque. I remember the players saying that someone was going to take a hiding just before the Portsmouth hammering. There was also talk of someone soon taking a battering after the Blackburn game. Pitty it always ends up being us that takes it!

We were shit under Sousa. For all our possession we created barely any chances (Cardiff at home, when we won, apart).

So far this year we've played some nice, fast, inventive football. Long may it continue.

Under Sousa we had a frighteningly similar shot conversion and shot concession ratio. That Cov away game was unbelievable, completely controlled it and drew.

Tonight is a funny one because of the line up, takes a brave or foolhardy man to make that many changes when you haven't got a winning team.

We shouldn't have made so many changes tonight. Tonight should have been used to get that team that has been playing so well a chance to finally score some goals. Now look what's happened. We would have been on fire for Blackpool, now we'll be frightened of our own shadow, and the fans will be in the frame of mind to pick up where they left off tonight and start booing as soon as a sloppy pass is made.

These things start off slow and then spiral out of control. Just hope we can stop this storm before it becomes a hurricane.

We shouldn't have made so many changes tonight. Tonight should have been used to get that team that has been playing so well a chance to finally score some goals. Now look what's happened. We would have been on fire for Blackpool, now we'll be frightened of our own shadow, and the fans will be in the frame of mind to pick up where they left off tonight and start booing as soon as a sloppy pass is made.

These things start off slow and then spiral out of control. Just hope we can stop this storm before it becomes a hurricane.

I agree. I'd have allowed those players who performed so admirably but lacked some luck and clinical finishing to exorcise those daemons against what is a very poor Burton side.

Under Sousa we had a frighteningly similar shot conversion and shot concession ratio. That Cov away game was unbelievable, completely controlled it and drew.

That's just it though, I feel like under Sousa we controlled games without creating much, whereas we've been creating countless opportunities this season.

Probably shouldn't have made so many changes, but those players should still be able to beat a League 2 side. I don't think they took it seriously enough. Whether it's the manager's or the players' fault, it is embarrassing.

Blackpool game is fvcking massive now.

I genuinely feel for Pearson. I really disliked the way we set up last season but this we've been a breath of fresh air, sadly that fresh air has been blowing near the nearest sewage works.

I hope he can remain committed to his new attacking ethos and not allow this run of bad form to change his set up.

And this shall be his downfall...

We MUST sort out the defence in the team before anything else.

That's just it though, I feel like under Sousa we controlled games without creating much, whereas we've been creating countless opportunities this season.

Well I'd like to see the stats because from memory I can remember us creating a load of chances, but just not being able to take any. Plus having loads of corners as well. I'm pretty sure it's exactly the same as now, but I could be wrong.

I do think we have better, fitter players now, and a manager that the players can understand, but the similarities are building by the game.

Well I'd like to see the stats because from memory I can remember us creating a load of chances, but just not being able to take any. Plus having loads of corners as well. I'm pretty sure it's exactly the same as now, but I could be wrong.

I do think we have better, fitter players now, and a manager that the players can understand, but the similarities are building by the game.

I remember football like posh first half, lots of passing and getting nowhere. Or half chances at best.

How depressing we're even talking like this after 3 league games.

Pearson needs to hold his nerve tactically. The board need to hold their nerve in terms of decision-making.

I hope the people with the power have seen the performances at Blackburn and Charlton and not just the score.

Of course they would have done?

For as many people who didn't go to those games and are upset, there are as many that did and are still upset.

Many people are upset.

If you consider that Pearson has got it right tactically, having lost the last two league games and tonight against Burton then I'm worried that your usual good grasp of reality is waining.

The Defence! Get that sorted and quick.. The attack will sort itself out.

For as many people who didn't go to those games and are upset, there are as many that did and are still upset.

Many people are upset.

If you consider that Pearson has got it right tactically, having lost the last two league games and tonight against Burton then I'm worried that your usual good grasp of reality is waining.

I cannot believe peeps are still harping on about the defense is it really that bad? or is it due to the inability of the midfield to provide that defensive duty.

NP will turn it around, give him time.

Personally, i think the thai's will give him till October, as they did Sven and Sousa, is that enough time? Time will tell.

Pearson needs to hold his nerve tactically. The board need to hold their nerve in terms of decision-making.

I hope the people with the power have seen the performances at Blackburn and Charlton and not just the score.

Though i agree, its a results based business.

Personally, i think the thai's will give him till October, as they did Sven and Sousa, is that enough time? Time will tell.

Though i agree, its a results based business.

Many people are upset.

Granted the owners might have seen a stream if they weren't at the game, but as we all know you get a better appreciation of an overall performace of both a team and players if you're at the game. I'm not sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if Top didn't make Charlton on a Tuesday night!

In terms of Pearson getting it right, perhaps not entirely. For a start I'd have dropped Dyer after Charlton, Beckford from the back end of last season and had King in from the start of the season never mind by Blackburn. But I think he has got it tactically correct in terms of the philosophy; good, neat, quick football in the right areas - but mixing it and going long when we need to. There's a balance to be struck between a Swansea and a Stoke as 'to do a Swansea' you have to have a very particular type of squad which is built over time (we saw what happened when Sousa tried the quick-fix). One thing thing that I am sure of is that Pearson can't be blamed for Dyer missing two at Charlton, for Nugent's header being saved at Blackburn, for the decision of that linesman or for Vardy heading at the Charlton keeper from six yards.

He's set us up to create chances and we have done so, we just haven't taken them. Besides individual error and a 20 minute spell at Charlton I've certainly seen us worse defensively, as frustrating as it has been to see us concede the goals we have. But we know Pearson can sort a defence out, that's his bread and butter, and maybe he thought he had done. Maybe he didn't realise his work on that area was not done and will now make sure it is. Personally I think as impressive as Moore has been for his age with a fully fit St Ledger or Whitbread we'll look better as they have the experience. And I think Pearson has been waiting for them frustratedly.

So whilst I realise it's a results business there's also plenty of time left. I will afford him a few frustrating, disappointing, even infuriating results as to change now is not the answer - we've been there before. I for one am fed up of the chopping and changing that goes on at this club. I am seeing signs to be positive in the performances in the league so far, I would implore everyone to hold their vitriol, their cat calls and their outrage for just a little longer than one ****ing month

I remember football like posh first half, lots of passing and getting nowhere. Or half chances at best.

How depressing we're even talking like this after 3 league games.

But surely that is because our expectations have been raised so much. If players like Gallagher and Danns earn in 1 year more than the majority of what most of us will earn in a lifetime then it will will lead to disenchantment when they get pissed on by a League 2 side who collectively probably earn about the same as those 2 put together.

The one thing I am worried about at the moment is that Pearson was pretty scathing in his comments tonight. What happens if we get several injuries in the next few games? He may have to rely on these guys to help save his job. If they hear what he said (and I am sure they will be made aware of the comments) does anybody really think they will put their body on the line for him, especially as they will know that they will be at the club long after him if they fail to win? They will still pick up their excessively high wages no matter what.

But surely that is because our expectations have been raised so much. If players like Gallagher and Danns earn in 1 year more than the majority of what most of us will earn in a lifetime then it will will lead to disenchantment when they get pissed on by a League 2 side who collectively probably earn about the same as those 2 put together.

The one thing I am worried about at the moment is that Pearson was pretty scathing in his comments tonight. What happens if we get several injuries in the next few games? He may have to rely on these guys to help save his job. If they hear what he said (and I am sure they will be made aware of the comments) does anybody really think they will put their body on the line for him, especially as they will know that they will be at the club long after him if they fail to win? They will still pick up their excessively high wages no matter what.

That was the big positive about tonight for me!!!

the bottom line is this: players earn stupid money these days. players can't play stupidly well every game. people get angry. the answer? a wage cap...these stupid fvcking losers should only be able to earn £1000 a week for kicking a ball of air around, FACT.

Archived