Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thurmofox

Surely signings needed.

Many people are still missing the boat I'm afraid...IMO

We DONT need to sign any more defenders.

One more time..... we've had:

Peltier (who most people thought started well, then became not so good?)

Bamba (one of my favourite players)

Mills (donkey on the ball, but the stats suggested we conceded fewest goals when he was in the team)

Morgan (I like)

SSL (at best, an average centre back IMO)

Whitbread (don't know much about him)

Konch, DeLaet etc..

All these players have been accused, by many on here, of having bad games. of not 'gelling' defensively, of conceding 'sloppy goals' etc...

This has led to questions regarding who is our best defence, especially the centre back pairing.

Now, on another thread, I see questions are being asked of Kasper.

I cannot believe that we can't form a good defence with any of these players. None of them are bad 'defenders'.

The problem is we seem to be poor at defending 'as a team'...'as a team'.

This will only become worse if we insist on focussing on our attacking play.

Most good teams, historically, have built upon a solid defence and on a tactical formation which enables a team to concede few goals.

This is the bedrock, the foundation stone, on which teams can then look at how to get forward quickly and score goals.

It seems to me that Nige, and many fans on here this season, have got it arse about face.

We now have the players with flair, pace and an eye for goal to hurt teams when we are going forward. Well done Nigel on that front.

What we must do now is the same when we don't have the ball, when we are going backwards and attempting to not concede goals.

This doesn't need yet another change of personnel in the defence.

We'd still be wise to sign another midfielder with that 'defensive mind' IMO.. I've made that clear.

But what the focus should be on is defending as a team, not blaming the back five when we concede goals and not looking to bring in yet another 'defensive saviour'... that aint the problem, looking at what we do as a defensive unit is..

Everybody? Or the one person starting the thread Col?

Didnt realise it was a problem starting a thread on my concerns! I'm sorry to burst your bubble but our back line is a shambles! we have bossed nearly every game this season but end up losing wy is that? deluded morons it's not that hard to grasp! defence is the backbone of the side and untill we start defending as a unit the defeats will continue

Didnt realise it was a problem starting a thread on my concerns! I'm sorry to burst your bubble but our back line is a shambles! we have bossed nearly every game this season but end up losing wy is that? deluded morons it's not that hard to grasp! defence is the backbone of the side and untill we start defending as a unit the defeats will continue

spot on buddy - don't just focus on the back five, but on how we defend as a team.

We don't need any more defenders (we've had loads in the past two seasons, all with 'problems'.) We need to look at our 'defending'.

:thumbup:

Yeah, resort to insults - nothing is better when you're trying to win an argument.

If you actually look at each of the goals - and I'm discounting last night as that wasn't our first choice defence, they were very clearly unfit and three of the goals weren't even down to defensive errors - our defence actually hasn't been as bad as our goals conceeded tally would suggest.

Charlton: We should have prevented both goals. BWP came at us against the run of play, but fair play - it was a well struck goal. Kermorgant's was a blatant defensive error, down to a loss of concentration. We shouldn't be making mistakes like that.

Blackburn: Well, what can you say? We limit them to two chances in the entire game, and unfortunately they score both. The first shouldn't have really stood due to Gamst Pedersen unsighting Kasper in an offside position, so I don't think you can really blame the defence for that. The second was a bit of a defensive mix-up and a lovely prem-class finish from Pedersen.

We've made a couple of errors, but to say our defence is shit is absolute rubbish. There will be days when we defend a lot worse than we have in those two games and keep clean sheets.

Signings are needed because our reserves lost? Do you honestly think that is a big problem? Do we really need more players sitting around not playing football feeling unloved and then unable to get up for a game when they have the chance. If we had a smaller squad them we wouldn't have had to make so many changes last night to try keep everyone happy. What we need is the opposite, what we need is to get rid of the deadwood and get a leaner more efficient squad.

When the injuries start setting in we will need these 'reserves' so it is essential that they are good enough. We have 6 defenders and one is a young lad - promising but wont be consistent for the whole season.

I think were def short of options in the defensive dept, and i think NP has dropped a major b*****k, but that's just personal opinion, what does concern me, is how many chances our strikers need to atually convert a chance, we are nowhere near as clinical as other teams.

From what ive seen up to now its gonna be a long hard season, but then again i never expected anything else, and quite frankly, the clowns posting 8-0 scorelines and the like should be ashamed and embarrased, were not that good, in fact were mediocre at best, nothing more nothing less......................

spot on buddy - don't just focus on the back five, but on how we defend as a team.

We don't need any more defenders (we've had loads in the past two seasons, all with 'problems'.) We need to look at our 'defending'.

:thumbup:

Well we will see what happens but from what I've been watching( naive defending,individual sloppy mistakes) are costing us massively every game & Nigel needs to get into them today.

Yeah, resort to insults - nothing is better when you're trying to win an argument.

If you actually look at each of the goals - and I'm discounting last night as that wasn't our first choice defence, they were very clearly unfit and three of the goals weren't even down to defensive errors - our defence actually hasn't been as bad as our goals conceeded tally would suggest.

Charlton: We should have prevented both goals. BWP came at us against the run of play, but fair play - it was a well struck goal. Kermorgant's was a blatant defensive error, down to a loss of concentration. We shouldn't be making mistakes like that.

Blackburn: Well, what can you say? We limit them to two chances in the entire game, and unfortunately they score both. The first shouldn't have really stood due to Gamst Pedersen unsighting Kasper in an offside position, so I don't think you can really blame the defence for that. The second was a bit of a defensive mix-up and a lovely prem-class finish from Pedersen.

We've made a couple of errors, but to say our defence is shit is absolute rubbish. There will be days when we defend a lot worse than we have in those two games and keep clean sheets.

lol I'm not trying to win a arguement! I'm voicing my concerns! your statement made me laugh! our defence really isn't that bad then in your post you say plenty of the goals were avoidable lol = bad defending m8

lol I'm not trying to win a arguement! I'm voicing my concerns! your statement made me laugh! our defence really isn't that bad then in your post you say plenty of the goals were avoidable lol = bad defending m8

It was bad defending, but feels at the moment every error we make defensively is costly.

My point was that our defence has not looked troubled apart from one 20 minute spell in the Charlton match, during which Kermorgant scored. Other than that we have limited the teams playing us to about three chances - unfortunately, they've scored those chances, but that's more a reflection on their finishing than our defending. Apart from stopping the teams playing us from creating ANY chances at all - something which no team in the world could do - what more can we do? I would hardly say that any of the goals we have conceded apart from the Kermo goal were down to individual errors, they were more down to good finishing from the opposing team, what can you do about that?

If opposition teams were cutting through us like a hot knife through butter, time after time, then I'd be worried, but they haven't so I'm not. We've limited all the teams who have played us to about 5 shots on target over around three league games. Like I said before, there will be times this season when we defend a lot worse than we have in our first two away games and keep clean sheets.

Any volunteers to pay for the new players or is the club expected to borrow more money from the owners to pay for a player that will be brought in by a manager that is apparently clueless tactically and, judging by the need for more players on top of those already signed, can't be trusted to sign his own players.

My point was that our defence has not looked troubled apart from one 20 minute spell in the Charlton match, during which Kermorgant scored. Other than that we have limited the teams playing us to about three chances - unfortunately, they've scored those chances, but that's more a reflection on their finishing than our defending. Apart from stopping the teams playing us from creating ANY chances at all - something which no team in the world could do - what more can we do? I would hardly say that any of the goals we have conceded apart from the Kermo goal were down to individual errors, they were more down to good finishing from the opposing team, what can you do about that?

If opposition teams were cutting through us like a hot knife through butter, time after time, then I'd be worried, but they haven't so I'm not. We've limited all the teams who have played us to about 5 shots on target over around three league games. Like I said before, there will be times this season when we defend a lot worse than we have in our first two away games and keep clean sheets.

Opinions. mine are different to yours but that's fine. I may be frustrated because every time a shot comes in at our end it ends up in the net lol.

I'm convinced that if our first 11 put in 100% effort and commitment we would win 80% of games but how often do they put 100% in. last night like Nigel said he gave chances to a few fringe players to show what they can do( a good thing imo) but none took that chance frustrating to say the least.

Opinions. mine are different to yours but that's fine. I may be frustrated because every time a shot comes in at our end it ends up in the net lol.

I'm convinced that if our first 11 put in 100% effort and commitment we would win 80% of games but how often do they put 100% in. last night like Nigel said he gave chances to a few fringe players to show what they can do( a good thing imo) but none took that chance frustrating to say the least.

I can only assume you didn't go to Charlton or Blackburn because if you did, you definitely wouldn't be questioning the effort and commitment of our players, because it was on display for all to see. I can't remember the last time I saw such a committed performance from a Leicester City side like in those two games.

Defending is about limiting the chances the opposition have to score, and if possible, stopping them from scoring those chances. In all three league games we have minimized the chances the opposition have had but unfortunately, apart from the Kermo goal, they have all been absolutely cracking finishes. BWP, Nuno Gomes, Gamst Pedersen - all three goals were absolutely great finishes. The Kermo goal was down to us, but 75% of our goals conceded, IMO, we couldn't have done that much about.

It's easy for you to laugh it up and go 'oh this is my opinion' and make vague bullshit references to the team not giving 100% - take a look at the goals we have conceded so far this season and give me an analysis of why they are down to bad defending, not just some vague bollocks about 'oh we must be shit, becuase we're conceding goals'.

If there is the right player at the right price available on the market, we should go for it, but we shouldn't panic buy because some results have gone against us in the League, last night's defeat told us 1 thing: Our second string is not match fit, apart from Knockaert.

What we learnt against Charlton and Blackburn is that our first team is good enough to compete at this level, and dominate teams for long periods, we do not need panic buys, they don't work and are normally over the odds (Waghorn, Beckford, Akinbiyi).

We were unlucky against Blackburn and Charlton, you limit teams to a few chances, and carve out a number of great chances for yourself, you will normally win, we were wasteful and they took their chances. Sucks but it does not require undoing all the work from pre-season by panicking, 10 games in and we still have 3 points, then we can panic, but the loan market is our friend in this instance.

I can only assume you didn't go to Charlton or Blackburn because if you did, you definitely wouldn't be questioning the effort and commitment of our players, because it was on display for all to see. I can't remember the last time I saw such a committed performance from a Leicester City side like in those two games.

Defending is about limiting the chances the opposition have to score, and if possible, stopping them from scoring those chances. In all three league games we have minimized the chances the opposition have had but unfortunately, apart from the Kermo goal, they have all been absolutely cracking finishes. BWP, Nuno Gomes, Gamst Pedersen - all three goals were absolutely great finishes. The Kermo goal was down to us, but 75% of our goals conceded, IMO, we couldn't have done that much about.

It's easy for you to laugh it up and go 'oh this is my opinion' and make vague bullshit references to the team not giving 100% - take a look at the goals we have conceded so far this season and give me an analysis of why they are down to bad defending, not just some vague bollocks about 'oh we must be shit, becuase we're conceding goals'.

Haha another deluded **** who thinks we're hard done to! take the blinkers off you complete moron! Peterborough 1st half garbage, charlton first half garbage! Blackburn no complaints. charlton first goal Bradley Phillips allowed far to much space on edge of the box to pick his spot! poor defending,kermo goal shambles! Blackburn 1st goal Gomez standing on his own edge of the box again allowed to pick his spot all the time in world! pederson goal another defensive error that allows him to pick his spot! then last night need I say more! your just another blinkerd moron! open your eyes fool!

Haha another deluded **** who thinks we're hard done to! take the blinkers off you complete moron! Peterborough 1st half garbage, charlton first half garbage! Blackburn no complaints. charlton first goal Bradley Phillips allowed far to much space on edge of the box to pick his spot! poor defending,kermo goal shambles! Blackburn 1st goal Gomez standing on his own edge of the box again allowed to pick his spot all the time in world! pederson goal another defensive error that allows him to pick his spot! then last night need I say more! your just another blinkerd moron! open your eyes fool!

Right if you want to resort to insults then why don't you **** off you donkey raping shit eater?

Archived