Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thurmofox

Surely signings needed.

Last week I stated it would be a big mistake if we were not to invest in a couple of defenders before the window shuts and got mixed comments so now tell me we don't need them! after last nights garbage showing we need atleast 2 in! De laet & Morgan are the only 2 that have been decent & Moore we need to take things slower with him but the rest are sh*t.

ST Ledger & Whitbread are both unfit and are both quality when fit

I'm not sure about Whitbread as I have never seen him play, or at least never known that i've seen him play anyway. And SSL I have not been keen on, but I am willing to give him another shot. The whole team just needs to work better as a defensive unit.

We will be fine, another over reaction thread after a bad defeat.

SSL and Whitbread have never played together and both getting back fit.

Whitbread in particular is proven at this level, we do not need to keep buying

lol over reaction are you for real! you can't be to clever if you think we're sound at the back! 4 conceaded against a league 2 side,2 at Blackburn,2 at charlton, we can't defend! thought you would have got that by now. also if it's a pointless thread don't comment especially if it's to say there's nothing wrong when blatantly there is.

lol over reaction are you for real! you can't be to clever if you think we're sound at the back! 4 conceaded against a league 2 side,2 at Blackburn,2 at charlton, we can't defend! thought you would have got that by now. also if it's a pointless thread don't comment especially if it's to say there's nothing wrong when blatantly there is.

We have 2 x good defenders coming back to fitness, give them a bleeding chance!!! Morgan and Whitbread are PROVEN at this level so maybe time together and we'll see an improvement.

Im not defending a poor performance against Burton but one game doesnt mean we need to sign players!! Of the goals last night, one was a pen, one was a deflection and one was a BAD mistake from Whitbread but he wont do that every week

Last night's defence had two very, very unfit players at the heart of it, neither of which has had a preseason - one goal was a fluke 40 yarder, one was a penalty, one was a badly deflected free kick. Only one goal last night was down to an enforced defensive error, that's a fact, so let's not claim that Burton ran our defence ragged, because they didn't.

The goals against Blackburn and Charlton, well Gamst Pedersen's was just a classy goal, Nuno Gomes' shouldn't have stood because our keper was unsighted by an offside player, we were poor for Kermorgant's goal and BWP's came completely against the run of play.

I want to make it clear that I am not making excuses for our defence but I don't think our defence is as bad as our goals against tally suggests and I think that in the same way that we've been unlucky to not score a lot of the chances we've created, we've been unlucky to conceed some of the goals we have, however I do accept that we do need to stop leaving things down to luck - we need to cut out the errors and start putting our chances away.

I think we could do with one CB on loan to provide cover until Whitbread gets back to full match fitness and possibly another LB to provide competition with Konchesky as Kennedy seems to be completely out of the equation at the moment.

Look on the bright side chaps, We are a banker for goals galore at Coral. In all honesty though, Seeing the tree huggers sign Lansbury did get on my wick a bit. We should be signing players like him. Proven at this level over the last couple of seasons being out on loan, instead we sign the likes of Matt James, who i think WILL be a good player that has a bit of championship experience at PNE but young Henri has been one of the top performers over the last couple of seasons. Really missed a trick there i think.

Last night's defence had two very, very unfit players at the heart of it, neither of which has had a preseason - one goal was a fluke 40 yarder, one was a penalty, one was a badly deflected free kick. Only one goal last night was down to an enforced defensive error, that's a fact, so let's not claim that Burton ran our defence ragged, because they didn't.

The goals against Blackburn and Charlton, well Gamst Pedersen's was just a classy goal, Nuno Gomes' shouldn't have stood because our keper was unsighted by an offside player, we were poor for Kermorgant's goal and BWP's came completely against the run of play.

I want to make it clear that I am not making excuses for our defence but I don't think our defence is as bad as our goals against tally suggests and I think that in the same way that we've been unlucky to not score a lot of the chances we've created, we've been unlucky to conceed some of the goals we have, however I do accept that we do need to stop leaving things down to luck - we need to cut out the errors and start putting our chances away.

I think we could do with one CB on loan to provide cover until Whitbread gets back to full match fitness and possibly another LB to provide competition with Konchesky as Kennedy seems to be completely out of the equation at the moment.

I do agree with some of this but like you said they(burton) were hardly a threat all night yet they scored 4 goals! hope he sorts it out before Saturday because Matt Phillips & Thomas ince will have a field day with our defending. I hope the lads realise that last nights performance was completley unexceptable and put things right against Blackpool because if they don't then Pearson looking to be on thin ice.

I'm not sure about Whitbread as I have never seen him play, or at least never known that i've seen him play anyway. And SSL I have not been keen on, but I am willing to give him another shot. The whole team just needs to work better as a defensive unit.

Oh you little belter....

:kissing:

Signings are needed because our reserves lost? Do you honestly think that is a big problem? Do we really need more players sitting around not playing football feeling unloved and then unable to get up for a game when they have the chance. If we had a smaller squad them we wouldn't have had to make so many changes last night to try keep everyone happy. What we need is the opposite, what we need is to get rid of the deadwood and get a leaner more efficient squad.

Signings are needed because our reserves lost? Do you honestly think that is a big problem? Do we really need more players sitting around not playing football feeling unloved and then unable to get up for a game when they have the chance. If we had a smaller squad them we wouldn't have had to make so many changes last night to try keep everyone happy. What we need is the opposite, what we need is to get rid of the deadwood and get a leaner more efficient squad.

Just out of interest, who would you get rid of?

I agree with getting rid of the dead wood. My point is the defensive unit not the midfield or forwards.

Do we all think our back 4 are defending well? are they good enough? imo no they are not but hey that's just me.

I think a CB on loan would be good whilst SSL and ZW regain full fitness. I also think an LB in loan might be beneficial - I don't think it's a good thing that Konch's place in the side is so secure, you need competition to keep you on your toes. Konch looked very sloppy towards the end of last season and we need a better replacement than Kennedy or Schlupp at LB.

Oh and I agree with Babylon, I'm really not convinced by SSL, I'll be honest and say that I wouldn't be sad to see the back of him. Still, hopefully he'll be better in his first full season and prove me wrong.

When fit Whitbread is quality at this level. Every time i've seen him for Millwall and Norwich I was impressed by his ability. If we get a bit of luck and keep him fit for the majority of the season then we'll be ok in that department as Morgan and SSL are good enough to keep things ticking over alongside him.

When fit Whitbread is quality at this level. Every time i've seen him for Millwall and Norwich I was impressed by his ability. If we get a bit of luck and keep him fit for the majority of the season then we'll be ok in that department as Morgan and SSL are good enough to keep things ticking over alongside him.

Apart from his howler last night, he looked good. His distribution from the back was good and he looks like he could be the perfect foil for Wes Morgan.

Archived