Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

England Under 21 Call Up's

Waghorn needs game time and I think we will see the best of him he has potential but he is stagnating injuries haven't helped him, best thing for him is to loan him out to get him game time I don't think the Under 21 is going to be enough for him any thoughts?

Totally agree. He's a talented player that is now desperate for a run of games to prove himself again.

Dont think he'll get that here so a loan would be perfect imo

If the Beckford to Huddersfield loan goes ahead and Schlupp continues to cover for LB then I can see Waghorn getting a regular spot on the bench alongside Futacs where he can be used in a variety of roles, striker, wing or in the hole depending on how Pearson may want to change the game.

By all accounts and from viewing a stream it looked like he was doing a lot of defensive covering and dropping back into mid field so I'm presuming there could be a lot more being added to his game. He really needs to develop the use of his right foot more to improve his overall contribution to his game though.

England's formation last night, before the subs anyway, was a 4-2-3-1 with Waghorn in the middle of the '3'. Worked hard throughout and was one of the better players in a rather disjointed England performance.

Marshall pretty much stayed wide right, didn't try and come inside and get involved and didn't really get much going with Kelly or Clyne, the ful backs on the night.

Not having a go at Marshall, we know he can do better, but one of those odd games where he stays wide (following instructions?) and doesn't get involved. He has played a few games like that for City, a waste in my view.

Knockeart's goal was a very controlled finish, really need to get him starting for us but like Marshall he needs to be given the freedom to play anywhere in support of the striker(s).

Waghorn played a deeper role last night, pretty much the central attacking midfielder in a 4-2-3-1. Worked hard, got the assist, somewhat luckily, and had one of England's best efforts on goal.

That said, it was no more than a workman like effort in an generally disjointed performance but he did make a big effort to make the most of his chance which was good to see.

On the other hand, Marshall's performance was more subdued, staying wide right he looked decent on the ball but did not see anything like enough possession to be really influential. By contrast, Ince on the other flank looked pacy and threatening, happy to come inside and attack more centrally helped a lot by the willingness of Rose to overlap and provide the width.

Overall a modest performance by England whose tactic of sitting back second half let Norway back into the game (where have we seen that before?...... :dunno: ), good to see the City lads involved though..... :thumbup:

Cheers for the info Dave

:thumbup:

Highlights from the Norway game

Waghorn and Marshall started, and England >21s won 1-0

England Under 21: Steele, Kelly (Clyne 45), Caulker, Bennett, Rose, Marshall, Shelvey, Henderson, Ince, Wickham (Lees 77), Waghorn (Zaha 77). Subs Not Used: Amos, Smith, Kane, Sordell.

Archived