Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
21st Century Fox

Jeff Wayne's War of The Worlds

No one would have believed that in the last years of the 19th century that human affairs where being watched from the timeless worlds of space...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqvwxvCOSH4

Is anyone else a fan of this album? I remember being scared sh*tless when my dad used to put it on when I was younger. It's still amazing.

Can't say the new version fills me with too much excitement.

The Journalist - Liam Neeson (originally Richard Burton)

The Sung Thoughts of The Journalist - Gary Barlow (Justin Hayward)

Parson Nathaniel - Maverick Sabre (Phil Lynott)

Beth Nathaniel - Joss Stone (Julie Covington)

The Artilleryman - Ricky Wilson (David Essex)

The Voice of Humanity Alex Clare (Chris Thompson)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-19634862

Saw it live and absolutely love this.

Amazing, Jeff Wayne's a really cool guy too. When you see how much work they went through to do it originally, and then how there was even more work for the live show! It's completely incredible. Something I recommend everyone who likes the recordings goes to see.

My dad has an original copy on record, with the picture book thing as well, in good condition.

He used to play it to scare me and my sister lol

I actually went and bought the original HG Wells novel recently, I'd recommend it, excellent read especially considering the era it was written.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I actually went and bought the original HG Wells novel recently, I'd recommend it, excellent read especially considering the era it was written.

Its a good read still, but it's written at a 19th century pace of life that makes it seem slightly odd.

Archived