Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxesfan1989

Trust in our owners

Football is far too expensive but I don't think the Raksriaksorns are responsible for that. The FA are responsible as prices have rocketed since the advent of the Premier League. The Mercury usually runs a price comparison at some point during the season and Leicester usually is pretty reasonably priced...comparatively.

They're responsible for the prices at our club. And I think you're a bit out of date there because we weren't reasonable comparatively last season and I should think we're one of the worst by now. Not just the average prices but the whole pricing structure; the gulf between the family stand and the rest of the stadium, platinum fixtures, etc.

They're responsible for the prices at our club. And I think you're a bit out of date there because we weren't reasonable comparatively last season and I should think we're one of the worst by now. Not just the average prices but the whole pricing structure; the gulf between the family stand and the rest of the stadium, platinum fixtures, etc.

As I live an hour away from the closest point to which the Mercury is delivered, you are probably right!

But I still fork out for the petrol and season ticket because I think I am addicted.

This thread is basically whats wrong with our club. A nothing story with no foundation is overshadowing our good work and progress this season. Now instead of going to the ground tomorrow and getting behind the team, manager and owners 100%, there are actually people talking about booing the owners.

Simple message to the boo boys, be careful what you wish for.

Some people on here really don't deserve our owners at all. This thread is why we need the option to give negative rep. Idiots.

edit: thrilling post count

Absolutely, the long term infrastructure the Thais have put into place at this club, would/should be the envy of many other clubs. My only persistent niggle with them is the way our club could be affected by any potential political unrest in Thailand that could harm King Power (although an unfounded niggle at that). So far the Thais have done nothing that leaves me with any particular feeling of distrust.

Absolutely, the long term infrastructure the Thais have put into place at this club, would/should be the envy of many other clubs. My only persistent niggle with them is the way our club could be affected by any potential political unrest in Thailand that could harm King Power (although an unfounded niggle at that). So far the Thais have done nothing that leaves me with any particular feeling of distrust.

They were given the duty free monopoly by Shiniwatra and they seem to have survived his fall from grace without it effecting their business.

I don't think they get too involved in politics, so barring revolution they should be ok.

The long term infrastructure is great, but the club still has to pay for it. Even if we got promoted and didn't spend any money for a year the club would struggle to pay the Thais back.

This is no more an investment than a bank has an investment in your house. They've loaned us some money to buy stuff we want, but if the value of that stuff is really less than what you paid it is us (the house owner/club) that bears the brunt of the reduction in value and not the bank/Thais.

I'm sure they are as keen for success as we are, but the consequences of not getting success could be far greater for the supporters and local community than the Thais.

This is no more an investment than a bank has an investment in your house. They've loaned us some money to buy stuff we want, but if the value of that stuff is really less than what you paid it is us (the house owner/club) that bears the brunt of the reduction in value and not the bank/Thais.

We the fans stand to lose emotionally but the financial loss will be entirely theirs.

I still choose the risk of gambling on success over the risk of a steady deterioration, such as we were seeing before Mandaric.

We the fans stand to lose emotionally but the financial loss will be entirely theirs.

I still choose the risk of gambling on success over the risk of a steady deterioration, such as we were seeing before Mandaric.

How about a middle ground of steady yet financially manageable progress, something more akin to what appears to be the current approach, here's hoping, and that's why I have this massive disappointment in the Redknapp saga that the owners have learnt a lesson.

The financial loss will be entirely theirs if we go into administration. Otherwise they can sell the club for tuppence ha'penny and still collect that sweet, sweet 8% per annum until it's paid off. Given that they paid virtually nothing to get the club in the first place (agreeing to take on the debt) that wouldn't be the world's worst scenario for them, assuming they can find another gullible chump to buy it off them (and there appear to be plenty of those around).

Further, we've got no idea what the loans are secured on (if anything).

How about a middle ground of steady yet financially manageable progress, something more akin to what appears to be the current approach, here's hoping, and that's why I have this massive disappointment in the Redknapp saga that the owners have learnt a lesson.

Well that seems sensible to me but I still got hugely excited by Sven and the spending spree. I honestly thought we could buy the league. You live and learn.

Our current approach, while based on the entirely correct basis of buying young talent and developing it, still requires an outlay of money which we wouldn't be capable of spending if the Raksriaksorns were not there. We are competing against other wealthy foreign owners and parachute payments. Before Mandaric we were not coping with the new football financial climate.

The financial loss will be entirely theirs if we go into administration. Otherwise they can sell the club for tuppence ha'penny and still collect that sweet, sweet 8% per annum until it's paid off. Given that they paid virtually nothing to get the club in the first place (agreeing to take on the debt) that wouldn't be the world's worst scenario for them, assuming they can find another gullible chump to buy it off them (and there appear to be plenty of those around).

I think they would struggle to sell the club with the current debt unless we were established in the Premier League. I don't know the 'ins and outs' of the financial arrangement either, but I do prefer the Raksriaksorn's ambition to previous owners/ boards settling for mediocrity.

They've intertwined themselves with our club to such an extent, their reputation is on the line also. They seem to be fairly interested in boosting their profile outside of Thailand. Most of the foreign owners that have screwed over clubs in the past have been able to distance themselves to an extent, they haven't plastered their name over everything and brought major businesses from their own country into the fold (i.e. Singha). Anything like the scenario you described seems completely detrimental to their aim of building their profile abroad. They aren't investment bankers who can just create a new holding company to front them, their name is front and centre of everything they do.

Archived