Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxesfan1989

Trust in our owners

...seems at an all time low. Even lower than Mandaric! A report by the Daily Fail got everyone whipped up into such a frenzy, yet we are 2nd. A few years ago we would have laughed off this report. Just shows how little we seem to think about our owners. Do you trust them to make the best decisions for the football club? Are they EVEN less trustworthy than Mandaric?

The statement doesn't do nothing in the grand scale of things think about it if your boss went behind your back and was touting other candidates for your job a job in which you are doing well in wouldn't you be pissed off?, and then the boss releases a statement saying everyone is pulling in the "right direction" what a load of claptrap.

I don't understand why so many dislike them to be honest they are doing everything they can to push this club to the next level, if they did meet with Redknapp 4 games ago then who can blame them we looked like we were on the verge of a terrible season again

...seems at an all time low. Even lower than Mandaric! A report by the Daily Fail got everyone whipped up into such a frenzy, yet we are 2nd. A few years ago we would have laughed off this report. Just shows how little we seem to think about our owners. Do you trust them to make the best decisions for the football club? Are they EVEN less trustworthy than Mandaric?

Really? That is ridiculous if that is the case. They have released a statement backing the manager. No vote of confidence just backing. Please can we now just put this to bed and get on with supporting the team and the manager tomorrow.

Really? That is ridiculous if that is the case. They have released a statement backing the manager. No vote of confidence just backing. Please can we now just put this to bed and get on with supporting the team and the manager tomorrow.

I more mean the fact that we got so worked up in the first place. The fact that this report got so many fans so worried, even though we are 2nd, shows that people do not trust the owners. If we had complete faith in them, we would have paid no attention to these reports.

Unfortunately the world of business and especially football is littered with such statements and sentiments only to be proved entirely worthless sometimes even within a few hours. Even managing a winning/successful team has been seen to be not sufficient to secure a position.

Whether Pearson agreed with it or not the fact that his agent had to go public on this shows there's some distrust in there some where or that Pearson through his agent is trying out some brinkmanship to force a situation or get a better deal.

We can only hope that the team goes from strength to strength and makes it impossible for any change to take place anything else and this will rear it's ugly head again maybe not with Redknapp but there's bound to be some other relatively successful well known ex-premier/foreign manager around.

I don't dislike them I just don't have any trust in them or most other football club owners where egos abound.

The Thai's have been far less shifty than Mandaric. I have no reason to doubt them too much currently, they've not broken any promises or tucked us up for anything. I don't blame them for making contact with Redknapp a few weeks back, we were looking shit and had been at the back end of last season too.

It's amazing what a few wins does to our fans, they forget about all the supposed problems that people were moaning about. Before the Burnley game there was loads of fans on here that were questioning whether it was time for Pearson to go. Therefore. what the Thai's have done is common sense.

I think some people are being just a tad naive if they think they are backing the manager where in the statement does it say they denied contact with Redknapp? that would actually put the rumors and speculation to bed this statement does none of that just jargon.

I think some people are being just a tad naive if they think they are backing the manager where in the statement does it say they denied contact with Redknapp? that would actually put the rumors and speculation to bed this statement does none of that just jargon.

Many of us still believe they had contact with Redknapp mate it's just clear they ain't interested anymore because Pearson and the current team have proved themselves 4 games ago when these rumours happened it was a very different season

One way to look at it is they come from a beautiful and amazing country and choose to spend their time flying over to a shit hole to watch a football team that has under-achieved for so long, they are either off their rockers or they genuinely want to succeed here. I trust them more than I trusted Mandaric.

Unfortunately the world of business and especially football is littered with such statements and sentiments only to be proved entirely worthless sometimes even within a few hours. Even managing a winning/successful team has been seen to be not sufficient to secure a position.

Whether Pearson agreed with it or not the fact that his agent had to go public on this shows there's some distrust in there some where or that Pearson through his agent is trying out some brinkmanship to force a situation or get a better deal.

We can only hope that the team goes from strength to strength and makes it impossible for any change to take place anything else and this will rear it's ugly head again maybe not with Redknapp but there's bound to be some other relatively successful well known ex-premier/foreign manager around.

I don't dislike them I just don't have any trust in them or most other football club owners where egos abound.

This..

We're extremely lucky to have the owners we do, they have invested heavily in the squad, training ground and stadium. Can't understand why anyone would have any animosity towards them.

I agree why would you have distrust - maybe apprehensive as they are a bit trigger happy when it comes to managers

One way to look at it is they come from a beautiful and amazing country and choose to spend their time flying over to a shit hole to watch a football team that has under-achieved for so long, they are either off their rockers or they genuinely want to succeed here. I trust them more than I trusted Mandaric.

yes.

why would it matter if they said that? you won't believe harry redknapp, who came out and said he has not had contact with anyone at leicester. you won't believe the thais if they come out and say it.

I think Mandy is part of the reason, we trusted him, but in the end he drove out our most successful manager under his reign, and that is no short list, some people blame the Thais for that also, but it was still Mandy and Hoos in charge and they made Pearson feel like his job was untenable here.

The other reason why people don't trust the Thais is because of the sacking of Sven, at the time I had mixed feelings, I didn't have much confidence in Sven and he had unceremoniously dismantled our team. But to sack him when they did showed naivety and a lack of understanding on running a football club, that was a mistake.

I am a big supporter of the Thais but I can understand why people would find the stories of them courting Redknapp easy to believe after what happened last season.

"We fully accept the football club is constantly in the public eye and, as such, will be a constant subject of media scrutiny and debate.

"For that reason, we adopt a policy in which we do not feel compelled to respond to a media agenda.

"However, given the recent unwarranted and inaccurate speculation in relation to our manager, we wish to set the record straight in the most unequivocal manner.

Please read this and try and understand what it means.

Compared to a lot of owners i have read about in football these days i quite like them, a lot of this negativity has come from rumour mongering by the media and gossip on forums.

These guys went all out to get Pearson and have backed him with cash when he wants it and i've yet to see them actually say his job is on the line or any statements even near that, in fact i HAVE seen a percentage the fans wanting Pearson gone and that includes on here.

Maybe peeps should calm down a bit.

:)

Well I am impressed with what they had to say about the situation ( even if there ever was one ) They would look pretty stupid if they now went back on what they have said publicly and no one would trust them ever again. They must have realised that before going to the press so I have every reason to trust them now unless proved otherwise . I expect Nigel and the team will also be grateful to the owners for helping to put an end to all this sill speculation. Now lets kick on and get promoted. :scarf: :scarf: :pearson: :pearson:

The Thai's have been far less shifty than Mandaric. I have no reason to doubt them too much currently, they've not broken any promises or tucked us up for anything. I don't blame them for making contact with Redknapp a few weeks back, we were looking shit and had been at the back end of last season too.

It's amazing what a few wins does to our fans, they forget about all the supposed problems that people were moaning about. Before the Burnley game there was loads of fans on here that were questioning whether it was time for Pearson to go. Therefore. what the Thai's have done is common sense.

But to me, the people who wanted Pearson to be replaced were using absolutely no common sense.

Archived