Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
muzzy1981

Wellens

I'm honestly not clinging to the past, I was last season and the year before because we were crap. But we've got Nigel back so I'm over it. I just don't think it's fair to write off Wellens and Waghorn because of one bad season (Which is all either have had) when, in my opinion, they're more than capable of performing as they did three years ago (We've seen glimpses of it since). Maybe Wellens wouldn't be able to put in quite the same level of performance as consistently, but he can still have a part to play.

Anyway I don't know why either of you suggested it when I was talking about the season under Sousa/Sven, no mention of 2009.

I'm confused .... when i talk about Waghorn being rubbish you say I can't use that season as he's only any good under NP??

I'm confused .... when i talk about Waghorn being rubbish you say I can't use that season as he's only any good under NP??

I say it's unfair to use that season alone because he was shoved out on the wing for the first half of the season and only used rarely as a substitute in the second-half. Wellens was playing regularly in his favoured position.

I say it's unfair to use that season alone because he was shoved out on the wing for the first half of the season and only used rarely as a substitute in the second-half. Wellens was playing regularly in his favoured position.

About this "on the wing" correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't he on the left hand side of a front three.

EDIT: Actually don't Martyn Waghorn is taking over the forum and this thrad has nothing to do with him lol

Well this is a massive shock as I doubt you would admit to anything that would dismantle your little "left wing" arguement.

Do you think Dyer was used on the right wing under Sousa or was he used as a forward who played on the right hand side?

If we're going to stir up hornets' nests, I'd rather see Gally there than Lingard - there is a possibility he will contribute something tangible from the bench. From the, (admittedly), tiny bit I've seen of Lingard, I don't think that's going to happen. (He says now putting a tenner on him to score this weekend).

Do you think Dyer was used on the right wing under Sousa or was he used as a forward who played on the right hand side?

Sosa was here for about 5 minutes.

Under Sven, and I actually can't believe I haven't remembred this before, we played forwards. I can remember the majority of our fan base being rather ticked off about the fact we didn't play out and out wingers.

Although as I say this has nothing to do with Wellens so leave it. lol

Sosa was here for about 5 minutes.

Under Sven, and I actually can't believe I haven't remembred this before, we played forwards. I can remember the majority of our fan base being rather ticked off about the fact we didn't play out and out wingers.

Although as I say this has nothing to do with Wellens so leave it. lol

Waghorn barely started any games under Sven. But as you say this topic is about Wellens.

I'm better than Wellens. I'm a bit older ( a lot really ), and I haven't played for about 25 years, but I was a central midfield player in a second division Sunday League team and I am better than Wellens. We all are!

Congratulations on making it to such a high level.

Anyone else think he should feature for King to add some experience and fresh legs?

Not saying he should be a regular but think in tough games like Leeds away he would have been good.

Apparently played excellently for Ipswich during his loan spell.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived