Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
muzzy1981

Wellens

Anyone else think he should feature for King to add some experience and fresh legs?

Not saying he should be a regular but think in tough games like Leeds away he would have been good.

Apparently played excellently for Ipswich during his loan spell.

Yeah, he isn't as bad as what some people make out. His ability to hold the ball, and find a pass, is second to none. His disadvantage is his age. He isn't getting any younger, but in physical games his strength (certainly stronger than King) and ability to win cheap free kicks could be useful to us.

Appear to be a few people on here with short memories, without Wellens our midfield would have been very poor over the last 4 years.

Admittedly we now have an improved midfield, but I still think despite being similar players, Drinks and Wellens - in certain games, NOT every week would play well together instead of King. I like King but we all know sometimes we need a bit more in the middle than a box to box player.

I'd have thought James would get the nod ahead of Richie but if we need some exp, he's got bags of it.

Appear to be a few people on here with short memories, without Wellens our midfield would have been very poor over the last 4 years.

Admittedly we now have an improved midfield, but I still think despite being similar players, Drinks and Wellens - in certain games, NOT every week would play well together instead of King. I like King but we all know sometimes we need a bit more in the middle than a box to box player.

I'd have thought James would get the nod ahead of Richie but if we need some exp, he's got bags of it.

Wellens has been a regular at the club for only 3 seasons and for 2 of those we were shit. (the last 2) this season we look a lot better and part of the reason is because that prat isn't playing.

Wellens has been a regular at the club for only 3 seasons and for 2 of those we were shit. (the last 2) this season we look a lot better and part of the reason is because that prat isn't playing.

He was shit the year he was voted player of the season?

Foxestalk baffles me sometimes, it really does.

Just re-read, we may have been shit, but Wellens performed well enough a couple of seasons ago, and was being linked to a side that January who were in the Premier League and had just won the Carling Cup. He can't be blamed for our poor performances that season, as I say he was our player of the season.

When we upped our game on Tuesday, Leeds brought on Michael Brown who killed the game. Wellens can do the same for us. I'd like to see him on our bench for when we're defending a narrow lead.

Are you forgetting the countless free-kicks he gives away in dangerous positions? That would be a great idea! He's the pits.

Just re-read, we may have been shit, but Wellens performed well enough a couple of seasons ago, and was being linked to a side that January who were in the Premier League and had just won the Carling Cup. He can't be blamed for our poor performances that season, as I say he was our player of the season.

You are actually stuck in 2009 aren't you?

It seems to me that you were so in love with the side 3 seasons ago that nothing else will do...... It's called progress, and whilst we are getting better as a club some of the players that played then haven't.

You don't have to cling to the past with such tenacity!!!! Wellens = Not good enough NOW.

You are actually stuck in 2009 aren't you?

Wish I'd have read to the end of the page before replying with much the same now!!!

It seems to me that you were so in love with the side 3 seasons ago that nothing else will do...... It's called progress, and whilst we are getting better as a club some of the players that played then haven't.

You don't have to cling to the past with such tenacity!!!! Wellens = Not good enough NOW.

I'm honestly not clinging to the past, I was last season and the year before because we were crap. But we've got Nigel back so I'm over it. I just don't think it's fair to write off Wellens and Waghorn because of one bad season (Which is all either have had) when, in my opinion, they're more than capable of performing as they did three years ago (We've seen glimpses of it since). Maybe Wellens wouldn't be able to put in quite the same level of performance as consistently, but he can still have a part to play.

Anyway I don't know why either of you suggested it when I was talking about the season under Sousa/Sven, no mention of 2009.

Archived