Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ozleicester

Barnsley match thread

Ouch! I've not read any of the other posts on this thread as yet re the point at home to a club in the bottom four (as my time is limited) but let's just say regardless of everything that's already been discussed on this thread, then on paper this was a huge two points dropped! So much so that it could define the remainder of our season now and spell the difference between us being top two material or mere mortals participating in the lottery that is as play off contenders only. The latter still cannot be sneezed at when you look back at the big failure that was last season of course but if we're to progress to top two we've got to start becoming more clinical and not succumbing to struggling sides such as Barnsley - even though we scraped a point in the 90th minute. I also appreciate that results will happen like this on a regular basis throughout the season too - including Palace only mustering a draw v mid table Blackpool today and recent results such as Bristol City beating Middlesbrough at their place the other week.

We're maybe being a tad dramatic in certain quarters after scraping a draw with a team who have 21 points less than we do and it could all be different again in a month's time but you cannot help feel we're destined for a season of frustration and of missing out again. I suppose the sheer unpredictability can be the beauty of this sport we love I guess but it would be hard for us not to go up this season once again, like Cardiff always end up every season!

I did say on an earlier thread "beware the month of December" after what happened last season - as we failed to win a single game last December when it looked a dead cert that we would win every game bar one on paper a year ago but lost two and drew three! We can only hope history doesn't repeat, especially with a much tougher looking December this time round! On the up side, these are the sort of games we lost last season (as we indeed did to today's opposition in January !), so hopefully onwards and upwards now!

'A point would be great here' no it wouldn't you old scottish twat

Do you tune into Radio Leicester while at the match?

I can't see the point in this as they're commentating on what's just happened and you have already seen it yourself, plus the noise from the crowd drowns it out.

simple reply but my point is that i shouldn't be feeling relieved & happy becouse we salvaged a poxy draw against a team that we should be capable of beating..dropping points against teams like barnsley especially at home is just not good enough...these two points dropped could have made all the difference come the end of the season.

Do you tune into Radio Leicester while at the match?

I can't see the point in this as they're commentating on what's just happened and you have already seen it yourself, plus the noise from the crowd drowns it out.

No I wasn't at the match.

I was merely pointing out that in no way is a draw at home to Barnsley a good result, especially if you were one up and cruising.

No I wasn't at the match.

I was merely pointing out that in no way is a draw at home to Barnsley a good result, especially if you were one up and cruising.

Nothing personnel but I have noticed that a lot of your match posts are written as though you haven't attended.

ie. It sounded like, we sound like we etc.

If I haven't been to a game then I won't comment, criticise, moan about the performance because I wasn't there to see it.

You are going by Stringer and Youngs commentary for most of the games and making your own assumptions from them.

Maybe if you were a true fan and judging by your post count you have a lot to say you'd find the KP stadium once in a while.

I mean it was a fans fixture after all so cost can't be an excuse.

I did say on an earlier thread "beware the month of December" after what happened last season - as we failed to win a single game last December when it looked a dead cert that we would win every game bar one on paper a year ago but lost two and drew three! We can only hope history doesn't repeat, especially with a much tougher looking December this time round! On the up side, these are the sort of games we lost last season (as we indeed did to today's opposition in January !), so hopefully onwards and upwards now!

It hasn't, we've already beaten Derby this month. :thumbup:

I ****in hate people who say you are not a true fan if you didnt go, i suffer agraphobia, i struggle to walk to my local shop, i also suffer social phobia, therefore a crowd is my biggest nightmare, yet i love leicester city as strong as you lot

Nothing personnel but I have noticed that a lot of your match posts are written as though you haven't attended.

ie. It sounded like, we sound like we etc.

If I haven't been to a game then I won't comment, criticise, moan about the performance because I wasn't there to see it.

You are going by Stringer and Youngs commentary for most of the games and making your own assumptions from them.

Maybe if you were a true fan and judging by your post count you have a lot to say you'd find the KP stadium once in a while.

I mean it was a fans fixture after all so cost can't be an excuse.

I've not been much this season (though was a season ticket holder for 3 seasons before that) because it's depressing and shit. The amount of games I enjoyed last season I could count on one hand (and you could probably draw them from the several away games I went to as well).

Also, throwing a fans fixture at me every now and again because they realise their treatment of the fans has backfired on them, isn't going to tempt me back. Lo and behold the reports from people at the game are 'shit atmosphere' in keeping with the 3 games I've been to this season. So once again I think I made the right decision today.

I'm not quite sure what the prices were today but when you've got almost no money and Christmas presents to buy within the next couple of weeks, it doesn't seem wise to pay even £15 to stand with a load of bellends. Especially you know the people who have taken your money off you couldn't give two shits how unenjoyable you find it when you can see the atmosphere has been killed beyond repair.

I couldn't care less about this 'not a real fan label' becasue I don't go, I can safely say I've been to matches in the past couple of years when I've been the only City fan in earshot either (1 showing some vocal passion and at times 2) not booing certain players.

Regardless, I've not commented on individual performances or tactics today. Nor is that even relevant to the comment you quoted.

So, if you can explain to me in what way a draw at home to Barnsley is a good result, I'd like to hear it.

Archived