Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grewks

Always finding something to moan about!

Anybody complaining about the lack of entertainment needs to stop and think. For the majority of the season we have tried to entertain away from home rather than grinding out the results you need to away from home. Cardiff are top and came to us not to entertain but get a point or three which they duly obliged with. They appear to go to most away games with the intention of being at 0-0 at half timw and then nick one after, something we must do more often if we want to go up. It doesnt mean we cant entertain but Burnley and Hull away are games where you have to grind a result out

I'm positive someone can always find a negative on here, that's what makes this forum so electric.Some peoples views can be deemed quite shocking however an earthy point of view often leads to a live wire debate.

Yes, they should turn that frown upside down, twenty storeys should do it.

Anybody complaining about the lack of entertainment needs to stop and think. For the majority of the season we have tried to entertain away from home rather than grinding out the results you need to away from home. Cardiff are top and came to us not to entertain but get a point or three which they duly obliged with. They appear to go to most away games with the intention of being at 0-0 at half timw and then nick one after, something we must do more often if we want to go up. It doesnt mean we cant entertain but Burnley and Hull away are games where you have to grind a result out

And where did our "majority of the season entertainment" take us? To the top of the League.

When we hit six past Ipswich on November 17 we'd played 17 games, scored 29 goals conceded 16 and were top of the League with a style of play that made me look forward to the games. We failed to score just once.

We didn't seem to be doing any worse away than we are now and that's not saying anything about the bad refereeing decisions which blighted some of the scores on our travels.

Since November 17 we've played eight games, scored nine goals, conceded six, failed to score four times and have fallen seven points off the pace for second place and 12 off the pace for the title. Very convincing that!.

Truth is we've gone from averaging approaching two goals a game to barely one. We've taken 11 points from our last nine games and that's not much better than relegation form. We've netted once in our last four and the five points we've collected out of the last 15 available is relegation form!

We've failed to score four times in those nine games compared with once in the first 17. And we've fallen from top to fifth and are probably one bad result from being out of realistic contention for an automatic promotion place. And people want me to sound happy.

Our passing football has disappeared, we've made starters of Whitbread and Knockaert who give the ball away like Santa Claus and some of our fans act as if they still believe in the said "Santa".

For years I've urged us to have the courage to attack. Pearson started the season doing exactly that and I praised him even when there were setbacks. The sun came out and we eventually went top.

Then, for some inexplicable reason, we went into caution mode. When we went ahead in games we stopped sustaining pressure. In other games (Leeds, Watford) we tried to take the sting out of games and came unstuck instead of imposing our style on proceedings. In other words we lost our nerve. We didn't have the courage of our attacking convictions.

Now we're trying to beg results. Yesterday we got a goal and hung on. Another day we won't be so lucky because there's simply no margin for error. It's the tactics of the blind.

You have to score goals to win promotion - lots of them. You have to put fear into the opposition home and away. But with today's approach we give everyone a chance.

Look how close our last five matches have been. One goal difference has been the maximum margin. It's football Russian roulette and it won't work. And the pace we're collecting points and goals shows it won't work.

And where did our "majority of the season entertainment" take us? To the top of the League.

When we hit six past Ipswich on November 17 we'd played 17 games, scored 29 goals conceded 16 and were top of the League with a style of play that made me look forward to the games. We failed to score just once.

We didn't seem to be doing any worse away than we are now and that's not saying anything about the bad refereeing decisions which blighted some of the scores on our travels.

Since November 17 we've played eight games, scored nine goals, conceded six, failed to score four times and have fallen seven points off the pace for second place and 12 off the pace for the title. Very convincing that!.

Truth is we've gone from averaging approaching two goals a game to barely one. We've taken 11 points from our last nine games and that's not much better than relegation form. We've netted once in our last four and the five points we've collected out of the last 15 available is relegation form!

We've failed to score four times in those nine games compared with once in the first 17. And we've fallen from top to fifth and are probably one bad result from being out of realistic contention for an automatic promotion place. And people want me to sound happy.

Our passing football has disappeared, we've made starters of Whitbread and Knockaert who give the ball away like Santa Claus and some of our fans act as if they still believe in the said "Santa".

For years I've urged us to have the courage to attack. Pearson started the season doing exactly that and I praised him even when there were setbacks. The sun came out and we eventually went top.

Then, for some inexplicable reason, we went into caution mode. When we went ahead in games we stopped sustaining pressure. In other games (Leeds, Watford) we tried to take the sting out of games and came unstuck instead of imposing our style on proceedings. In other words we lost our nerve. We didn't have the courage of our attacking convictions.

Now we're trying to beg results. Yesterday we got a goal and hung on. Another day we won't be so lucky because there's simply no margin for error. It's the tactics of the blind.

You have to score goals to win promotion - lots of them. You have to put fear into the opposition home and away. But with today's approach we give everyone a chance.

Look how close our last five matches have been. One goal difference has been the maximum margin. It's football Russian roulette and it won't work. And the pace we're collecting points and goals shows it won't work.

Last season and at the beginning of this season we probably would have lost games like burnley away and sheffield wed away, however this team had learnt to get a goal and grind out results away from home and if that means we start to win away without being entertaining ,Personally i wouldnt mind.

There are no more than five decent footballing sides in this league, us included. I wouldn't necessarily say all these teams lie above us in the table either.

To be successful on a more regular basis we have to start using spoiling tactics against these non footballing sides. Pretty football only gets you so far in this league as it is full of much of a muchness in terms of quality and unfortunately we can't rely on this alone.

I think it's great that we have the potential to be a decent footballing side and I think it will be crucial for us in the final run in as should we finish in the playoffs I'd fancy us to do one better than the last time when the negativity of our tactics ultimately cost us.

NP has shown that he has the belief that we can play expansive, attacking football but right now, right in this frantic run of games over the holiday period, you cannot blame him or the team for grinding it out. That's precisely what we need.

We set ourselves up well for the next home game. Bring it on.

Absolutely spot on. :thumbup: I hope the idiot who wasted his time criticizing Thracian reads this and feels silly. There was not one moan in this post just bare reality, a great analysis and it summed up exactly what alot of people on here were thinking. A great post.

Archived