Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Attendance For Middlesborough

My dad, bro & myself all went last night (dad & me are ST holders, bro was last year but as he's a new dad he doesn't have the time to go every week now)

Excellent atmosphere in it's own right, even ignoring the attendance! We set off from Loughborough at 5:30pm, A6 ungritted until Red Hill roundabout it seemed, but was free flowing (if a little slower than normal due to people being careful on the icy road) up until we got to Red Hill anyway. Parked in the High Cross and walked the rest to save time, but got there just after 7:30pm.

I completely understand that some people travelling from places like Oakam and Coalville had real problems (based on Radio Leicester) as well as some people spending 2hrs+ trying to get down Narborough Road for example... BUT I still think that a good amount of people stayed away needlessly last night, mainly due to Radio Leicester's scaremongering! Certainly anyone coming in on the A6 from the Loughborough direction could have got there if they left 2hrs for the trip!

Travelled from Kettering last night, left at 5, got to the ground at around 7:15. Sounds like we were quite lucky as the major problems seemed to be in North Leicester.

Anyway, one of my favourite nights at the KP. Decent atmosphere and a cracking match. I think we're going to do it...

Archived