Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Attendance For Middlesborough

Most of them are Forest fans, 'understanding' anything that has happened since Thatcher left No. 10 is definitely a weakness of theirs.

Most of them are unemployable don't work, so they don't need to worry about being stuck in traffic for 6 hours getting home, then 4 hours to get into Leicester.

Tonight was a complete anomoly. We didn't sell 8k tickets, if conditions had been normal or improved then I reckon we'd have trebled the attendance tonight.

There were far too many factors to take into consideration for this game, I'm not embarrassed because I know the situation.

It'll be interesting to see the next Friday night attendance against Millwall.

Good Friday, surely better weather, hopefully still challenging for promotion.

We'll get at least 25,000 if all of these are in place, possibly closer to 30k.

When did they stop counting season tickets?

Probably tonight when they realised it would be ridiculous to claim that attendance was 18k.

I didn't go tonight. I feel a bit guilty but I am so pleased I'm not going to be crawling down the M-6 until the early hours.

We will be back for Wolves...weather permitting!

When did they stop counting season tickets?

I wondered that, I thought we had 13-14k season ticket holders.

That said, claiming that attendance was anything like 15-16k tonight would have made North Korea blush.

It would be interesting to see how much revenue Sky pay for these games?

Maybe more than another 10k or so buying programmes/food etc....

Hope all you guys who did go get back ok.

Looking at the coverage it was still snowing during the game whereas it stopped sometime ago around here.

Real struggle to get there tonight and it was a bit of a farce that it went ahead but I've no complaints with Leicester and boro wanting to play. They've spent all week preparing for it, the pitch was playable and it means less fixture congestion at a crucial point of the season. Ed Mowe and his team are superb!

Despite the attendance i thought the atmosphere was quite good tonight. I think the whole ground realised they needed to do their bit .

Another plus was for the last ten minutes or so the family stand all stood, and the stewards (even with a smaller crowd) , could do nothing.

You have to take into account that we have a lot of regulars who live out in the county, where roads probably aren't gritted, buses aren't running and you are struggling to get back from work to then head to the match.

Anyone from outside Leicestershire is pretty much stuck at home unless they left around lunchtime/ early afternoon.

Despite the attendance i thought the atmosphere was quite good tonight. I think the whole ground realised they needed to do their bit .

Another plus was for the last ten minutes or so the family stand all stood, and the stewards (even with a smaller crowd) , could do nothing.

And people think they'd be able to stop a pitch invasion with 32,000 fans.....

:ph34r:

Even for cup games we usually do better than that. Against Burton we had 14K didn't we?

As others have said, obviously a complete freak attendance. I don't think some people are grasping how difficult it was for quite a lot of our fans. It didn't help that we weren't sure if the game was on until an hour before, which was too late to leave for most.

Only 8k there but thought the atmosphere was one of the better ones this season.

Sit in west stand but as no one behind stood up, had a steward telling us to sit down as the sky cameras were on the stand and it didn't look good that fans were standing!!

Typical. Even though it looks great when you can see fans standing on TV.

Only 8k there but thought the atmosphere was one of the better ones this season.

Sit in west stand but as no one behind stood up, had a steward telling us to sit down as the sky cameras were on the stand and it didn't look good that fans were standing!!

What a load of shit lol lol, that's ridiculous.

Im here and if theres more than 10 in its a lie. 8k woulb be my guess.

Correct.

Oh and i live 10 miles from the kp and it took 1 1/2 hours to get to narborough rd.

That said the roads arent the problem. Its the ***** behind the wheels.

I will just state that ANYONE who made this game tonight has my utmost respect. We left early afternoon to go to LBoro, allowing (we thought) bags of time, and expecting main rds gritted. Not so. Almost 6 hrs there and back (and had we not had to have made the journey we wouldn't).

A6 ungritted. Way home toss up between A6 or a46 at Birstall island via Beumaont Leys, A46 was slower than A6. So yeah, A roads gritted...not.

I feel VERY sorry for ST holders setting out in plenty of time who could not make the game. I hope the club make redress somehow. I am aware they did their utmost but IMO the game should've been called off well before, esp when supporter club coaches got cancelled.

TV money over anything else, I guess?

Correct.

Oh and i live 10 miles from the kp and it took 1 1/2 hours to get to narborough rd.

That said the roads arent the problem. Its the ***** behind the wheels.

Better driving than I've seen for a while on main rds, much hogging of yellow boxes/going over junctions/blocking others at junctions the closer we got. Main rd driving was sensible, and A plus. Folks impatient closer to the city so 1 car edges into a yellow box, blocks anyone moving at light change, so it spirals. 1 car decides after 3 light changes and no moving that they edge forward and blocks..... junction the other way. Gridlock.

Under the circumstances a good turnout, I left work at Derby at 2:30 and arrived 10 minutes late although we did have to cram a quick beer in.

Atmosphere was very good, as a fanbase we realised we had to step up. Great that a large percent of SK1 stood throughout from the 5th row as well as extra pockets in the East stand.

Proud of our club and fans tonight.

In the pub in Brussels centre our in stadium turnout was slightly embarrassing.

Thankfully I was well aware of the weather difficulties prior to kick off so wasn't too surprised by the final tally. Equally thankfully nobody else gave a fook about the match. lol

Come on then. No excuse about it being Friday night and on TV. Hull's ground was rammed just then (at least it looked it there was apparantley 16k there which is shit)

Whilst we won't sell out cos frankly our support is nowhere near as good as people think, what's your guess?

I'll go 27k including a fair amount of Boro

Possibly more realistic would be 25k ish. Anything less would be an embarassment of our own IMO

Close ;)

Archived