Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Attendance For Middlesborough

I reckon below 20 000 as most fans from further afield will have to think seriously about whether to make the journey.

I've already decided it's not worth the risk.

Before anyone has a go about being a plastic, bear in mind I sent Sky back two weeks ago and it is a 3 hour round trip in good conditions, which I uncomplainingly do for every home match.

So it's a stream or Radio Leicester then. :(

The lowest I saw was 16,500 for a game with Stockport in the League One season, similar conditions to tonight.

With the horrendous weather and uncertainty, it'll be sub 20k tonight. Shame.

Depends how you define 'attendance' I suppose. It means two things really:

1) The number of tickets sold for the game (season tickets obviously included)

2) The number of people who actually turn up to watch the game

The official attendance is usually the first of these numbers, which Ii still reckon will be around 20,000 even bearing in mind the weather conditions.

As for the number of people who actually turn up, God only knows. Quite a few who have STs will not bother because they don't want to spend hours in the car / be freezing and will just watch it on the telly. Then you'll have some people who just won't be able to get there in time due to the roads.

Archived