Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxesfan1989

Foxes Travel

Can buy cans of pop and chocolate bars on the journey, Stops off once around half way for about 45 minutes on the way there. Doesn't stop at all on the way back. Also there is no atmosphere on the coach.

That is fine with me to be honest. £20 there and back then yeah? That is a fair price I reckon! Does it just pick you up outside the stadium on the way back then and drop you off at the KP?

That is fine with me to be honest. £20 there and back then yeah? That is a fair price I reckon! Does it just pick you up outside the stadium on the way back then and drop you off at the KP?

Yes it drops you off and picks you up at the away end. (or as near to it as possible) Pricing is average. Would be nice for it to be cheaper sometimes as its only around £2/3 pound more to go to Cardiff than it is to Nottingham.

Can buy cans of pop and chocolate bars on the journey, Stops off once around half way for about 45 minutes on the way there. Doesn't stop at all on the way back. Also there is no atmosphere on the coach.

Yes it drops you off and picks you up at the away end. (or as near to it as possible) Pricing is average. Would be nice for it to be cheaper sometimes as its only around £2/3 pound more to go to Cardiff than it is to Nottingham.

They only sell hot drinks on the coaches now. No soft drinks or sweets.

And the pricing is because they even it out. Games like Forest and Coventry are £13/14 so that games like Cardiff and Middlesbrough are only £20/21. If they weren't evened out then the long distance journeys would touch £30.

You'll find a lot of snobs on here who begrudge FT, and would rather spit on their mother than go to a game via the coach method. But at the end of the day it is one of the most cost effective and easiest ways to do games. Good luck training it on a Tuesday night to Cardiff.

Obviously train and car are better as you can manage your own time and plan your day, but for a lot of people coach is the way. Does it have some twee, insular and old-fashioned people on it? Sure it does, and that's what frightens the hardcore so much, as they seem scared to be associated with them. But it's a form of transport to and from the game. It gets you from A to B and the stewards are extremely nice people, who really cares who you're with?

There's always been a bit of a dull atmosphere and a lot of damp negativity whenever I've used it, I heard people moaning about our players not tackling enough after we'd beaten Wednesday this season, seems to be very little genuine excitement on the coach when we win away.

To conclude, it gets you from A to B and is decently priced but it isn't the exciting adventure that the train can be. I personally wouldn't go on it for big away games like Forest or an FA Cup tie.

Clearly has some of our most loyal supporters use it but they do moan an awful lot and won't mix with others unless they have known them 20 years. Clearly it's an easy option and if you purely require transport and nothing else then it's ok.

Agree with the comment that the people who run it are lovely people but what ever you do don sit in Hagrids seat!!!!!

Last resort for me as well but it does the job. Often used when doing midweek aways on me tod, bang the iPod in to cancel out the drivel that people spout and you'll be fine. Second the opinion that the people who run it are genuine and friendly.

Archived