Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Saxondale

Player ratings vs. Dirty Wolves

Schmeichel - 8 - Mostly great distribution and a brilliant assist.

De Laet - 6 - Struggled against Sako and not his best going forwards.

Konchesky - 7 - Thought he played pretty well, some crucial interceptions.

Morgan - 9 - This guy just amazes me every time I see him. An absolute beast.

Keane - 6 - Shaky at times, almost cost us with some poor touches.

Drinkwater - 7 - Steady game, but struggled with Wolves packing the midfield.

King - 5 - Thought he was very anonymous.

Marshall - 6 - Great first half but deserved to be subbed second half.

Knockaert - 7 - Started very brightly, nice goal, sometimes tries too much but a great player to have.

Nugent - 7 - Pretty quiet game but always works his socks off and a great finish.

Wood - 5 - Very poor. Should have buried that chance too.

Subs:

Dyer - 6 - Great run to make Nugent's goal.

Vardy - 5 - Hardly even noticed him after he came on.

Waghorn - 5 - Not enough time to make an impact.

REF: 2 - Useless.

I'm an RDL fan, really like him, but he was utter garbage last night. He'd have come off if we had cover. Gave the ball away all over the place and by sixty odd minutes he had had enough.

Shoulders slumped, looked bereft of confidence by the end.

Kasper - 7 - Could do nothing about the goal, and distribution was back on it.

De Laet - 6 - Not his best game, but Sako looks as good a player as you'll see at this level. Still was reasonable positive though and should have had an assist for the chance Wood had.

Konchesky - 6.5 - Good performance i felt. Overlapped well, and generally just tidy.

Keane - 6 - Very good aerially and composed on the ball but did struggle a bit if Sigurdarson or SEB managed to turn and get at him.

Morgan - 9 - MOTM. Just unbelievable. Without doubt the best centre half we've had for years. Makes it look so so easy. A very good all round performance.

Knockaert - 8 - Threatening all night. Lovely to see him back today and back to his usual self.

King - 7 - Not a bad performance. The second half they did dominate but still i thought King and DD worked tirelessly as shown with King's last ditch tackle.

Drinkwater - 7.5 - Worked very hard too but also good in possession as we expect from him. Got forward well also and provided a very good cross for Nugent on the volley.

Marshall - 7.5 - Looking a lot more confident and glad he had a few efforts on goal. He just needs one to go in. Missed that reasonable chance but i hope it doesn't effect him too much. Looks like he is close to getting back to his usual self and that can only be a good thing.

Nugent - 8 - What a goal. When he's confident his finishing is exceptional. Simply won us the game.

Wood - 6 - Quiet and touch wasn't at his best. Big positive though is that if he doesn't score Nugent seems too. Still like them as a partnership and i know in the long run he'll be so important to us.

Schmiechel - 7. Didn't have much to do, can't blame him for their goal. Great assist for AK.

De Laet - 5. Thought he was very poor, looked shaky, kept giving the ball away. AK didn't give him much help though.

Morgan - 9. Ridiculous. Immense defender with flashes of real quality. He's better than Rio Ferdinand no joke.

Keane - 7. Thought he did well actually, against a physical side. Very composed and great distribution.

Konchesky - 8. Had an excellent game, looked assured and had all the know-how. Really pleased with his performance.

Knockaert - 7.5. Great goal and flashes of quality, looked a threat throughout 1st half. At fault for their goal and shys from the dirty work too often.

Drinkwater - 7. Played a part in some nice passing in the middle when we needed to keep hold of it. Defended well.

King - 6.5. Didn't do much, went missing for stretches but did a lot of defensve work which might have gone unappreciated.

Marshall - 6.5. Thought he looked good first half, put good balls in and kept it well. Faded out second half though. Doesn't want to shoot any more?

Nugent - 8.5. Thought he was excellent, was absolutely everywhere and a great goal to win it.

Wood - 5. Poor performance, was a passenger for the most part, missed a top chance. Will let him off this time though.

Vardy - Won a couple of headers, didnt do anything wrong

Dyer - What is his problem? Good work for the goal but for the rest he looked like he didn't want to be there.

Referee - 2.5. Absolute tosser, bottled the penalty and missed Henry's atrocious challenge. Seemed determined to give them as much as he could.

All 6's & 7's except Morgan and Nugent who were higher.

Think De Laet is a bit unlucky with all this critiscm. Yes he had a poorish game but he got absolutely no protection from Knockeart at all. Everytime Konchesky went forward Marshall and Dyer came back and covered at LB - De Laet didn't even have a winger defending in front of him for most of the game and had to deal with their best player, Drinkwater had come over numerous times to help De Laet out.

Archived