Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fredjuhh

Nikos Dabizas

This from the Anderlecht website.

News about Dabizas, Peersman, Junior and Kolar

Manager Herman Van Holsbeeck had a meeting with the Greek central defender Nikos Dabizas (31) on Saturday afternoon. Dabizas started his career in 1994 with Olympiakos Piraeus, afterwards he left for England where he played from 1998 until 2003 with Newcastle. The past two seasons he played for Leicester City, where his contract ended last season. Both sides will meet again next week

Source

He's not the best defender you'll ever see, but he'll do a job. Some games he looks class and in others he's hopeless. Just watch out for him 'chesting' strikers in the back.

Hi ,

I am a supporter of Anderlecht and my club maybe want's to '' buy '' Nikos Dabizas .

Is he any good cause he's kinda old and Leicester don t want to give him a new contract 

Thx

143139[/snapback]

you won't have to buy him he's a free agent so atleast thats one thing.. =/

I'm not quite sure where this rumour started, but I have not been able to find it on any of the major Town/football websites including www.twtd.co.uk which seems to be first to report these sorts of stories. could be worse we could be linked with Alan Rogers, o wait we are!

One of the worst central defenders i've seen at Leicester for many many years. Even worse than Matt Heath and that's saying something. If ref's pulled him up for his constant fouling, he'd never be on the football pitch.

Shocking and why the hell Anderlecht are after him i'll never know.

I'm not quite sure where this rumour started, but I have not been able to find it on any of the major Town/football websites including www.twtd.co.uk which seems to be first to report these sorts of stories. could be worse we could be linked with Alan Rogers, o wait we are!

145389[/snapback]

lol Phil knows the score!

Dabizas was an awful player at times and a quality player at times, unfortunatley the latter wasn't seen enough.

145444[/snapback]

I must have been doing my shoe laces up when that happened then. :D

145446[/snapback]

:D

I've witnessed a few fantastic tackles by Dabizas, they were only on the rare occasions that he didn't pull the defender down to the ground <_<

Not going to Anderlecht. ;):thumbup:

Greece international Nikos Dabizas has missed out on a contract with Anderlecht.

Dabizas has been training with the Belgian club this week and featured in Saturday's pre-season friendly against Southampton.

It was originally believed that the centre half would be signing a contract with Anderlecht after being released by Leicester City at the end of last season.

But, following his display in the 3-2 defeat to Saints, Anderlecht have confirmed that Dabizas will not be offered a deal.

The 31-year-old former Newcastle defender will now have to look elsewhere for a fresh club, with the European leagues gradually getting under way.

Source

Archived