Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LcFc_Smiv

Pre-game match music from years ago

Sorry if the answer is hidden in a topic that has already been created, feel free to point me in that direction.

Right, we're going back to the Filbert street days late 90's, start of the millennium. About half an hour or so before kick off the playlist used to consist of songs such as Let me entertain you, ready to go, and the great escape. I seem to remember there being another instrumental type piece, as a young lad I used to love it but now I can't remember what on earth it was. Me and my dad were talking about it not so long back and it was really annoying the both of us. So the first clue, don't know how helpful this will be, is that I seem to remember the piece being similar to a cartoon show I used to watch, see below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twSUR-9cE6s

If anyone has any idea, I'd be rather appreciative.

Cheers guys!

Sounds a bit like O Fortuna but I don't remember us using it that often.

I think we have a winner, I can't remember how often it was played, I just remember it being on before games when I was young. One of those songs as a kid that used to really get me excited about 3.00pm on a Saturday.

I think we have a winner, I can't remember how often it was played, I just remember it being on before games when I was young. One of those songs as a kid that used to really get me excited about 3.00pm on a Saturday.

Glad to be a help.

Thinking back it was played quite a bit actually, kinda got lost for me as I only really remember Ready to Go and Let Me Entertain you. If you were going to play something loud though that was the music for it.

Didn't the players walk out to O Fortuna instead of the Post Horn Gallop when the Walkers Stadium first opened before it was re-instated?

I seem to remember it having some connection with the players coming out, originally the song I was thinking of was played as they announced the players were in the tunnel. Also one other quick question, my mate recons we used to play sandstorm before the game but as far back as I can remember I haven't heard it at a Leicester home game.

Darude definately got a few airings before some matches. Used to not only get you in the mood for footy but Saturday night at Creation as well. lol

Darude definately got a few airings before some matches. Used to not only get you in the mood for footy but Saturday night at Creation as well. lol

Really can't remember it, I always associated it more as Forests song before a game, there way of drowning out the away end so their fans didn't have too!

Archived