Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
big cairnzy

We have been Top 6 since game 8!whats going to change?

Since game number 8 we have been in top 6. won 5 on trot twice! not won in 6. 1 win in 4. we have had ups,downs,embarrasments,superb displays,goal fests,sitters,and the odd rattle of the woodwork from waghorn!!! Ups - home wins against boro,hull,brighton. Downs - posh,charlton,ipswich,blackburn. Embarrasments - Barnsley 2-2 at home. Goal fests. 6 against ipswich. derby. 4 at bristol. 3 home at blackburn. Sitters - kane at ipswich. We have been thru the mill. We are 5th,game in hand. well n truly in the hunt. We WILL cement a play off lads. And WE WILL be in the prem next yr. COME ON.

What HAS changed is that everyone around us, is in better form, have more desire and are catching us up or passing us each week.

IMO it is precisely this arrogance from the manager through the players that has got us where we are at the moment. We've taken our eye off the prize at precisely the same time everyone else has got going.

Some teams are now a lot better than they were a few weeks ago whilst we have got worse.

The club missed the boat i feel in not investing during jan, hull, palace etc. got stronger and forest got their best recent manager back to rejuvenate themselves. Yes we got wood, but I expected more strengthening than one player.

I think if we dont even finish top 6 it would be an absolute disaster and sackable offense for pearson.

The sudden rise of negativity on here is obviously down to the recent disappointments on the pitch. I don't think that the majority of people who are being overly negative would say truthfully that they don't think we are good enough based on the season so far. We have shown on more than one occasion that we are good enough to finish in the top 6, and I fully expect Pearson to spark a reaction from the boys tomorrow night.

Should we not go up, well - I will expect another turn on the managerial merry-go-round, the Pearson out boys will get their way and we'll have another "rebuilding" season, but I don't know maybe i'm wrong.

The club missed the boat i feel in not investing during jan, hull, palace etc. got stronger and forest got their best recent manager back to rejuvenate themselves. Yes we got wood, but I expected more strengthening than one player.

I think if we dont even finish top 6 it would be an absolute disaster and sackable offense for pearson.

I agree that Pearson should have invested during January, but who was genuinely good and value for money? I don't know if sacking him if we don't go up is a good idea. We'd be back on the manager merry-go-round yet again, the new manager would turf out half the squad, we'd lose the first six games because the team hasn't gelled and then we're back to square one.

Personally I think if Pearson doesn't secure promotion this season, he should be given at least another year to build even further. If the owners don't realise this then I fear for our club. This is a building process, and Rome wasn't built in a regular Championship season!

The sudden rise of negativity on here is obviously down to the recent disappointments on the pitch. I don't think that the majority of people who are being overly negative would say truthfully that they don't think we are good enough based on the season so far. We have shown on more than one occasion that we are good enough to finish in the top 6, and I fully expect Pearson to spark a reaction from the boys tomorrow night.

Should we not go up, well - I will expect another turn on the managerial merry-go-round, the Pearson out boys will get their way and we'll have another "rebuilding" season, but I don't know maybe i'm wrong.

I think the lost/rebuilding seasons we've had recently have been when managers have been changed partway through the season. I would think that if we fail to go up, particularly if we fail to make the playoffs, Pearson may be moved on in the summer. If he stays in post for the start of next season then I think the owners need to back him for the whole of that season.

I think the lost/rebuilding seasons we've had recently have been when managers have been changed partway through the season. I would think that if we fail to go up, particularly if we fail to make the playoffs, Pearson may be moved on in the summer. If he stays in post for the start of next season then I think the owners need to back him for the whole of that season.

True but, I still think a new manager whether he's appointed in June or October is still going to want to bring in his own players. Obviously it's more disruptive if he's moved on in October rather than before pre-season. I really hope he doesn't go however, we have a really good base for a title contending squad. We should let him finish the job at least, which I think we will should we not go up this season.

I agree entirely, that Pearson (if he has to be moved on) should go whilst a new manager would have pre-season, if they decide to back him - then it needs to for the full season.

I agree that Pearson should have invested during January, but who was genuinely good and value for money? I don't know if sacking him if we don't go up is a good idea. We'd be back on the manager merry-go-round yet again, the new manager would turf out half the squad, we'd lose the first six games because the team hasn't gelled and then we're back to square one.

Personally I think if Pearson doesn't secure promotion this season, he should be given at least another year to build even further. If the owners don't realise this then I fear for our club. This is a building process, and Rome wasn't built in a regular Championship season!

We need to get out of this mentality that a manager merry go round is a bad thing.

Good managers usually dont need 2-3 seasons to get it right, they can show progress quickly and progress is what its all about. If we were mid table all season but won our last 10 games sneaking into the top 6, I wouldnt want him gone as thats progress, but instead we facing the opposite situation where we look like we going to bottle it and drop out of the top 6, thats not progress. We also now in a bad situation if we dont go up because next year we in a position where the team needs strengthening but also we got huge losses to cut back for FFP.

Looking at the financials maybe they didn't have the money to invest any further.

we have had to shift our expectations from being in second auto spot to now worrying if we can remain in a playoff spot. What ever the reason for us bottling it the manager should realise the buck stops with him. Poor away form due to poor tactical decisions and a genuine lethargy about our play shows that there is something deeply wrong at the moment and hearing Pearsons on the radio after the Ipswich match left me in no doubt that he does not know what has gone so badly wrong at this vital stage of the season.

we have had to shift our expectations from being in second auto spot to now worrying if we can remain in a playoff spot.

Only if you were silly enough to shift your expectations from a play-off spot to an auto spot in the first place.

We need to get out of this mentality that a manager merry go round is a bad thing.

Good managers usually dont need 2-3 seasons to get it right, they can show progress quickly and progress is what its all about. If we were mid table all season but won our last 10 games sneaking into the top 6, I wouldnt want him gone as thats progress, but instead we facing the opposite situation where we look like we going to bottle it and drop out of the top 6, thats not progress. We also now in a bad situation if we dont go up because next year we in a position where the team needs strengthening but also we got huge losses to cut back for FFP.

You are complaining about lack of progress?

Compare this season to the last 2, we have been there or there abouts all season, we couldn't string to wins together last season, this season we have twice won 5 on the trot (some of them were even away from home).

Yes our away for is worrying, despite having the best away defensive record, and if Pearson can't fix it then maybe we need a change as we won't get up if we can't beat dross like Ipswich away from home, but this season we have one problem, that is taking our chances away from home, and this is not a new problem, we have had it since the start of the season with, Charlton, Blackburn and Wolves away. But we are up there with the best in the league in terms of home form:

Only Cardiff have won more games at home, and got more home points than us, Only Palace have scored more at home than us and only Cardiff have conceded less, we have the best defensive record away from home and overall, and we have the best goal difference in the league.

That is progress.

We have one problem we need to fix and that is taking our chances away from home, we create plenty of them, and Pearson has tried to do that by bringing in Wood and then Kane, but we still haven't found that final piece to the puzzle, but we are so damn close, I accept it may take a new manager to find that final piece, but I think NP deserves to be given time to find it, as the progress we have made under NP is considerable.

Only if you were silly enough to shift your expectations from a play-off spot to an auto spot in the first place.

But we were in second spot and the kind of games we had coming up Peterborough, Charlton ect were winnable given the form we were in at that time. Most people at that time on here believed if not expected us to go for the second spot. Well we have had to shift those expectations to a playoff spot but maybe even that expectation is ambitious. ?

Looking at the financials maybe they didn't have the money to invest any further.

they do but they obviously worried about FFP in 2014.

However given what our league position was we should have gambled and if we failed then sorted it out in the summer. Not mid season. Look at what hull spent eg. and I be surprised if they are within FFP. Same with cardiff.

You are complaining about lack of progress?

Compare this season to the last 2, we have been there or there abouts all season, we couldn't string to wins together last season, this season we have twice won 5 on the trot (some of them were even away from home).

Yes our away for is worrying, despite having the best away defensive record, and if Pearson can't fix it then maybe we need a change as we won't get up if we can't beat dross like Ipswich away from home, but this season we have one problem, that is taking our chances away from home, and this is not a new problem, we have had it since the start of the season with, Charlton, Blackburn and Wolves away. But we are up there with the best in the league in terms of home form:

Only Cardiff have won more games at home, and got more home points than us, Only Palace have scored more at home than us and only Cardiff have conceded less, we have the best defensive record away from home and overall, and we have the best goal difference in the league.

That is progress.

We have one problem we need to fix and that is taking our chances away from home, we create plenty of them, and Pearson has tried to do that by bringing in Wood and then Kane, but we still haven't found that final piece to the puzzle, but we are so damn close, I accept it may take a new manager to find that final piece, but I think NP deserves to be given time to find it, as the progress we have made under NP is considerable.

I think you looking at rose tinted glasses. Progress is a constant, you cant skip parts of history to make it look artifical.

Progress would be a good end to the season. If our form is bad enough now to the point we miss the playoffs when we had over a 10point cushion in january, it would be nothing short of a disaster, and I would fully support the sacking of the manager. Of course I prefer we get promoted and that doesnt happen.

eg. how would you compare our progress to watford? palace? cardiff?

Also the fact our goal difference is strong but doesnt tally up with points suggests something is wrong as well and thats consistency.

4-0 0-0 0-0 0-0 gives 6 points and a +4 goal difference

1-0 1-0 1-0 1-0 gives 12 points and a +4 goal difference.

Archived