Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GingerrrFox

Schlupp. Left back or Striker?

I think Schlupp has the most potential at left back rather than any other position. He did some very good things yesterday but also some bad things. I felt he gave us an attacking threat from left back, he was one of the few players we had that ran at players and put them under pressure and made some good last ditch challenges. The downside was he was occassionally caught out at the back but I'd say considering he's spent a month away from the squad and was thrown in last minute he did a solid job. Now the question is left back or striker for you?

Striker.

Not being funny but Man Utd are obviously seeing something in him as a striker, why are we persisting in playing him at Left Back? Ok fair enough we're desperate in the position but even when we weren't we played him there.

Stick him up front, especially when we are desperate instead of chucking Vardy on.

Pretty much agree with Matt.

I'd rather see him coming off the bench to play up front over Vardy or Waghornoverthebar.

SSL is by far better defensively at left back as you'd expect, so let's play him there until Konch gets back.

I just don't get all the hype. Average at best as both a striker or left back.

You would think the way people were talking him up before the game on Saturday he had been playing regularly at united whilst been away recently.

He got caught out of position numerous times and out muscled in the first half against Wednesday and if this had been konch he would have been slated. Some basic poor defending letting their winger get behind him.

Played some basic balls straight out of play instead of simply up the line, again konch would have been slated for this. Can count 5 or 6 times which is unacceptable at this level as a professional.

As a striker, although not given a huge opportunity he does not look like a 30 goal a season, Kevin Phillips. Has pace to burn but has he got the natural striking ability to cut it as a striker? I personally think he is no better than a waghorn, a 1 in 5 man. We need better than this to be successful.

As his main strength is his pace, maybe better suited as a left winger.

Just because he is a young Leicester lad, we shouldn't judge through blue tinted spectacles. Would much rather play, konch, dyer and nugent ahead of him....

Archived