Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
southwest fox

Dull win jump to second place

A win tonight leaves us 7 points behind top two. Hard, but not impossible and I hope Pearson and the players haven't given up on trying to case that gap already - there's a lot if football still to be played and the lads should be doing everything they can to try and win every single game from now to the end of the season.

Automatic is out of the question now, for me anyway. I'd still take 5th place. Hull are a solid team, but they have had some beatings this season. My money is still on Watford to claim second, or maybe even first.

The heat is on... Cardiff.

At this stage, I don't know whether I should be more looking forward to the Welsh side possibly bottling automatic promotion again or us beating them, allowing us to stay in the playoff places.

I think we will do well to stay in playoffs at this moment. Also i think once/if we drop out the playoffs, we wont have the mentality to get back into it.

Even if we beat Cardiff tonight and end up come end of season finishing in the playoffs, i'll still be pissed off with the last 4/5 games we have bollocksed up. On that run of form we clearly don't deserve to go up, because we would of won them and be in the top two (i'm sure someone mentioned we would be top) thats unforgivable. Missing a sitter and pen at Blackpool, losing to a poor Ipswich team, after a costly mistake by Wes, getting ruffed up by Leeds and luckily grabbing an equaliser, and loosing to a piss poor Sheff Weds team - a goal which Kasper should have saved IMO.

Its seriously not good enough, dont know if its Pearson's fault or the players have just become complacent but either way, we have been piss poor, and our league position rightfully shows that. There is a reason Cardiff are top, Hull are second and whoever is bottom of the league. Blame lies with poor tactics by Pearson, along with stubboness and also the players not playing to there full potential - Wood looks like a random fan has been pulled into the team and put a kit on ever since his injury. Nuge has been piss poor for weeks now if not months.

Kasper has been pretty much a show pony for us, makes the occasional decent save - fair enough, but then lets in poor goals such as Sheff Weds (ball literally went through him) but he gets away with it because he is passionate - well looks it.

End of the day, we have not been good enough recently but we have been for most of the season, im hoping that the 2/3s of the season is what will keep us in the playoffs, although with our recent form and tough games coming up, i'm not really confident. There is seriously no point in looking at second place, yeah its not impossible, but its not realistic. We need to just look at trying to stay with the chasing play off pack.

Archived