Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CardiffAlex

My view of the game..

Well. We robbed you. How you didn't come away with 3 points is incredible.

First half was very even. Thought the ref was pretty poor and you really got stuck in to our players.. Ruffled a few feathers.

Hudson coming off cost us defensively, we had neither of our first choice CBs and it showed.

Second half you battered us. Marshall saved well from Wood (I think) when he was 1-on-1.

Gestede coming on gave us an outlet & we somehow scored - totally undeserved.

As an extra, I spoke to 4/5 Leicester lads for about 20 mins at the game today by the millennium Stadium - great lads & if you're members here - thanks for the chat!

Thanks for your kind words, but i'd rather have the points lol

Still, better to read that than the Sheffield Wednesday ****** that invaded our board after Saturday's shambles.

Well done to you I suppose, Gestede has scored againt us before if i'm not mistake. I was worried when he came on.

First half was very even. Thought the ref was pretty poor and you really got stuck in to our players.. Ruffled a few feathers.

Hudson coming off cost us defensively, we had neither of our first choice CBs and it showed.

Second half you battered us. Marshall saved well from Wood (I think) when he was 1-on-1.

As an extra, I spoke to 4/5 Leicester lads for about 20 mins at the game today by the millennium Stadium - great lads & if you're members here - thanks for the chat!

Story of our season mate.

Speaking to a couple of Cardiff fans and they say we hammered you and fully deserves the win. Much like the game at the KP where we played you off the park and yet somehow lost. Seems to be the story of Cardiff's season that they don't play very well but still pick up points. I guess in a league where anyone can beat anyone, a little bit of luck takes you a long way, and probability suggests that it is not too far fetched to assume that one club can be blessed with a relatively large amount of persistent luck.

That club is Cardiff. Let's put your promotion down as an anomaly shall we, a kind of glitch in the matrix. An unlikely but possible amount of blind luck. Because your ability sure as hell doesn't warrant your position.

I was loving it when Hudson came off! :D Knew how important he was and you seemed a lot more edgy at the back in the 2nd half. Felt we could've had another goal and we were a bit unfortunate not to. Horrible feeling when Cardiff scored, one of the worst goals to concede in terms of how I felt about it. :(

I was loving it when Hudson came off! :D Knew how important he was and you seemed a lot more edgy at the back in the 2nd half. Felt we could've had another goal and we were a bit unfortunate not to. Horrible feeling when Cardiff scored, one of the worst goals to concede in terms of how I felt about it. :(

yeah?

You should've been there in the playoffs or at the city ground after we were leading 2-0.

yeah?

You should've been there in the playoffs or at the city ground after we were leading 2-0.

Just because there exists an ever more horrible moment out there doesn't mean I can't feel pretty bad about this one.

In addition, I was there at The City Ground when we drew 2-2, I don't know why people often presume others would travel 150 miles to Cardiff and not 20 (or whatever it is) to Nottingham. Personally, I felt worse about the goal at Cardiff than Forest because of the amount of effort it took to get to the game.

So that's 6 points we should have had off Cardiff this season. Instead we got 1 :/

should of had 6 of cardiff, we get 1

should have had 4 off charlton, instead we got 0.

6 against blackburn, instead we got 3.

3 against forest, we got 1.

3 against peterboro, should of got 4.

3 against wolves, should of got 4.

3 against blackpool, should have been 6.

1 against birmingham, should have been 3

That is 21 points, and just puts into perspective our poor luck all season.

The games above were not even close, and we do deserve the points, so i dont get all the criticism of NP, he can only be criticised if the team is not creating, if they are not putting the ball in the net, it isn't his fault.

On a side note, I've never seen a team before that is so happy to go to ground as soon as they get touched. Conway, Noone and Gunnarsson were serial divers, always playing to the ref looking for a free kick and the crowd would really get on the refs back. They'd then chuck everyone in the box and launch it in - pretty much all Cardiff have, set pieces and long throws. Stoke scum wannabes.

should have had 4 off charlton, instead we got 1.

That is 20 points, and just puts into perspective our poor luck all season.

The games above were not even close, and we do deserve the points, so i dont get all the criticism of NP, he can only be criticised if the team is not creating, if they are not putting the ball in the net, it isn't his fault.

Some poor luck, but we have to be more clinical. Apart from the games where we've been robbed by the refs. I swear nobody has mentioned the blatant peno we should have had in the first 5 mins vs sheff wed too. Would have changed the game hugely.

I'm sure every supporter in the division feels the same about their own club's results too.

As an aside, how can you use 'of' and 'have' in the same context and not realise that you're using one of them incorrectly??

I'm sure every supporter in the division feels the same about their own club's results too.

As an aside, how can you use 'of' and 'have' in the same context and not realise that you're using one of them incorrectly??

not really....

the stats also suggest i am correct.

were you the ones who said you were totally against the decision of changing and said you got threatened at one stage? we were in those hats with beards?

not really....

I didn't say you were wrong, we "coulda woulda shoulda" had more points in the games you mention.

My point is many teams will feel they also "coulda woulda shoulda" had more points in certain games, it's the nature of the game.

not really....

What stats? You've just arbritrarily selected a few games in which we've been a bit unlucky.

What about those in which we've been lucky? Peterborough at home we won largely thanks to a foul by Morgan as he scored our opener. Wolves should have equalised against us. We've taken 6 points off Middlesbrough when 2 would have been fairer.

Yes, at times we've been a bit unlucky, but every fan in the division will be bemoaning their luck with the woodwork/officials to some extent.

You could argue that teams like Cardiff have been more clinical and rightly are above you?

I did actually go through all the games and try to work out if we'd been fortunate/unfortunate in each one. I came to the conclusion that we are three points worse off than we should be. Obviously it's subject to opinion though and I'm sure others will think differently.

EDIT: Five points worse off than we should be, deserved to win against Cardiff yesterday.

Your stats to me point out that you do deserve to be where you are, because you're not clinical enough.

Once or twice a season would be fine, but the number of games you claim to be better in point to you not being clinical enough in front of goal.

Archived