Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricky Hill

This is horrendous

Watching the game today was the first time I've actually started to doubt whether we can recover from this slump.

We looked devoid of any confidence and played cowards football in lumping it long all the time. I felt the point and performance away in Cardiff would've been the springboard we required but it wasn't to be. By en large this is still a young side and that lack of experience is starting to show I feel. This is I think Wellens played to add that bit of know-how. Tbh I thought he was the best player in the 1st half and was surprised he and not DD went off.

The change to 4-4-2 helped us and also showed Nuge should play through the middle and Jeff is a viable option out wide. We're in danger of throwing away all our hard work and the question is are we strong enough mentally as a team to cope? Pearson has instilled great work ethic and togetherness so rest assured they'll never stop trying.

We must use this break now to regroup and refresh, otherwise we've got a real fight to be in the top 6.

It's that time of the season when He's Not Bright starts wanting the most recent Prem manager in who's had the boot.

It only happens once a season folks so make sure you get your souvenier T-shirts, mugs and posters while they remain in stock.

The only thing which can save us now in my opinion is another change of formation, 4-3-3, which always turns 4-5-1 never works. It is just a load of frustrating shit when it comes to Leicester City. This is where I think a diamond formation could work, last season Pearson tried it towards the end of the season, when we had really nothing to play for, with Marshall given time to roam, in basically a CAM role, behind the strikers, and in all honesty it worked, it was attractive and we won games. At the minute, I don't think we are getting enough quality from the wings, Marshall has been a disappointment this season when played out wide, yes he has got a couple of good assists, but apart from that we were expecting more, Dyer started well, but has been very poor when given a chance recently, while Knockaert is the type of player who would be suited to a more central role, he is creative, he can link up, he can shoot from distance, sometimes he struggles to do this from out wide. I wouldn't revert back to a flat 4-4-2, yes it has worked, but we need something more from our players at this stage of the season. So this is why I would like us to adopt this kind of approach from now on, with three in midfield, one player behind a front two, and De Laet and Schlupp being used as wing backs, because they have more pace than St Ledger and Konchesky...

Schmeichel

De Laet - Keane - Morgan - Schlupp

James - King - Wellens/Drinky

Knockaert/Marshall

Nugent, Wood

It's that time of the season when He's Not Bright starts wanting the most recent Prem manager in who's had the boot.

It only happens once a season folks so make sure you get your souvenier T-shirts, mugs and posters while they remain in stock.

which one of your pariahs is he's not bright? I lose track

The only thing which can save us now in my opinion is another change of formation, 4-3-3, which always turns 4-5-1 never works. It is just a load of frustrating shit when it comes to Leicester City. This is where I think a diamond formation could work, last season Pearson tried it towards the end of the season, when we had really nothing to play for, with Marshall given time to roam, in basically a CAM role, behind the strikers, and in all honesty it worked, it was attractive and we won games. At the minute, I don't think we are getting enough quality from the wings, Marshall has been a disappointment this season when played out wide, yes he has got a couple of good assists, but apart from that we were expecting more, Dyer started well, but has been very poor when given a chance recently, while Knockaert is the type of player who would be suited to a more central role, he is creative, he can link up, he can shoot from distance, sometimes he struggles to do this from out wide. I wouldn't revert back to a flat 4-4-2, yes it has worked, but we need something more from our players at this stage of the season. So this is why I would like us to adopt this kind of approach from now on, with three in midfield, one player behind a front two, and De Laet and Schlupp being used as wing backs, because they have more pace than St Ledger and Konchesky...

Schmeichel

De Laet - Keane - Morgan - Schlupp

James - King - Wellens/Drinky

Knockaert/Marshall

Nugent, Wood

Schmeichel

De Laet Morgan Keane Konchesky

King James

Marshall Knockaert Dyer

Nugent

Schmeichel

De Laet Morgan Keane Konchesky

King James

Marshall Knockaert Dyer

Nugent

Then that means we will have wingers then, which isn't a working style at the minute, plus with that formation it's likely Nugent could get shut out.

I keep asking that and the best response was "someone better"

Well....duh!

What these clowns don't realise is that they'll get manager A, B or C and they'll bring their own staff and players in. Those staff & players will take time to gel - as usual - and we'll start next season with half of the current crop (y'know the ones who were great 6 weeks ago but now can't beat the Derby Pub XI) and half new players. We might hit some form, we might be world beaters but - whatever happens - we will go on a losing streak because every team does. When that happens they'll be calling for Manager A/B/C's head again and we start all over again "sack him him, he's shit" with all the people who wanted Pearson out going all Polly Pissypants again and saying they never wanted the new guy in the first place.

And there's the other thing - no-one either on here or on various FB groups will say who they want because they don't want to look like a tw@t in 12 months when they're calling for his head again.

Managerial stability? We may as well be fvcking Blackburn.

I couldn't agree more and I think this deserves to be read more. You've basically summarised my feelings on the matter without the emotion :P

There's too many cvnts who think they know best on here and I would stake that they're the same people who whinge and moan and don't get behind the team everytime we switch manager and end up not doing so great.

Next.....oh, turns out it didn't work....Next.....oh, turns out it didn't work....Next.....oh, turns out it didn't work....Next.....oh, turns out it didn't work....Next.....oh, turns out it didn't work....Next.....oh, turns out it didn't work....Next.....oh, turns out it didn't work....Next.....oh, turns out it didn't work....Next.....oh, turns out it didn't work....Next.....oh, turns out it didn't work....Next.....oh, turns out it didn't work....Next.....oh, turns out it didn't work....Next.....oh, turns out it didn't work....Next.....oh, turns out it didn't work....Next.....oh, turns out it didn't work....Next.....oh, turns out it didn't work....Next.....oh, turns out it didn't work....

Archived