Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trumpet

If Pearson is sacked...

Guest BlueBrett

The only person who has said that is you... :unsure:

Did you miss the not so subtle implicit allegation that those defending the manager at the moment have their heads in the sand?

Honestly don't get people's problem with Roy Keane.

I'm not saying he's exactly a managerial god but his record at Championship level is pretty good. 190 points from 122 games at an average of 1.56 points per game.

For reference Pearson (who despite the debacle of the past 2 months, I and most on here rate as a good manager) has an average of 1.49 points per game at this level. Even if you strip out his spell at relegation-threatened Southampton it's 1.51.

1.56 points per game won't be getting anybody promoted. It probably wouldn't even get a play off place. He did well at Sunderland but only as well as expected given the amount he spent. He also spent a fair amount at Ipswich and they were terrible under him.

Sunderland's players celebrated when he left. The same happened at Ipswich. It isn't necessarily the case that players and managers should be mates (many of our players weren't fond of O'Neill at the time) but for them to celebrate when he left suggests more than that. It suggests a lack of respect. No thanks.

If you're suggesting Roy Keane as a long term manager I can tell you it is never, ever going to work out. He's too much of a psycopath.

Maybe.

But arguably if we're sacking Pearson now it could be seen as indicative of a short-termist attitude. In which case it doesn't matter whether he'll fall out with everyone in 2 years' time, as long as he gets us up.

Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer Pearson to keep his job than for us to get Keane. But it would be far from the absolute disaster a lot seem to be suggesting.

i do not see the point of not sacking manager with 8 games to go owners have to think mayb it mite turn around after the international break if it doesn't we are back to square one if we lose or draw next game we r out of top 6 problery

Owners have to think we need promotion this season FFP next season will make it doubly hard for us to get out this league next year

Do they change give new man alittle time to work with players not ideal with this international break see if the new manger thing works to try spark these over paid bunch indviduals who seem to know how lucky they are as they dont live in the real world like us fans who live and die the club year after year

So if Pearson is dissposed of who is out of work you have Adkins did good job at scunny and southampton seems to be able get best out of people there is alot of talk of roy Keane i just don't know there one thing he make these players at least work for there money mayb give few kick up ass they need but mayb hes been out game to long the championship is tough cookie league

just think this is big few days for the owners & the future of the club if pearson still here by the end of the week i would take taht him being here till end of season

Archived