Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trumpet

If Pearson is sacked...

Alright then what about when we sacked Rob Kelly and brought in Nigel Worthington for the last 5 games? He managed to scrape a few wins which saw us survive relegation, just delaying the inevitable the following year but still, can't help but feel we need a similar boost to salvage something.

I'm sure that the points Kelly had when he got sacked were enough to keep us up. No need for Worthington. Maybe someone can confirm this.

Messed up the form with fa cup changes and hasn't been able to stop the slide he caused.has nothing left in his locker and is one of the most dislikeable characters I can remember in this job. Go now for all our sakes

I agree about the cup changes messing things up. We haven't looked the same since

NP should be here by the summer. Needs time and stability,should remain next season too imo

But need to sort ourselves out

I fully respect your right to an opinion. But I'm amazed that anyone can seriously argue, based upon the season up to now, that Pearson should be given another season. Our points-per-game average under NP is, if I'm not wrong, about the same as Sven's was during his catastrophic reign.

This is such an appalling slide that - based on what we've learnt from the past - it would be perfectly sensible for us to get rid now. Pearson couldn't have placed more importance on this game, we had the good fortune of coming up against an astonishingly poor side and yet our players had no interest whatsoever in putting in the sort of blood-and-thunder performance that would revive our season, and guarantee Pearson another two weeks in charge.

I don't want him gone. But the argument in his favour looks increasingly frail. And there is a very common-sense justification for us moving on.

Unless, of course, you're one of those that thought Taylor or Levein or Sousa or Eriksson would have turned it around, given time.

I still admire Pearson for his first spell but, whether I like it or not, he has set the bar far too low of late and suffered the inevitable consequences that come with it.

This is such an appalling slide that - based on what we've learnt from the past - it would be perfectly sensible for us to get rid now.

When you say 'based on what we've learnt from the past' what exactly is that?

Because during my admittedly short time watching Leicester, I have seen managers being sacked too early and us not recovering from them leaving the football club, and I've heard about people like Martin O'Neill being given more time after a poor run and turning things around completely.

Surely history has taught us that it wouldn't be at all sensible?

Get rid now even if the new manager ( preferably someone that has got promotion at this level- Adkins, Roberto Di Matteo, McDermott) isn't able to keep us in the playoffs I would feel a fair sight confident we would get promotion next season under there tenure, NP hasn't got the experience of gaining promotion at this level and for me lacks the qualities required.

Yeah lets get another manager in, why not!! Its worked so well for us so far hasnt it! My god football has changed so much

Our football hasn't changed though has it ? we have gone backwards to what Pearson knows best , negative tactics ( if there is any ) and hoof ball starting from the keeper. A new manager could not possibly do worse than Pearson at the moment , for christ sake this is religation form how the hell anyone can try to defend the dross that has been served up this lately is beyond me. :blink:

I fully respect your right to an opinion. But I'm amazed that anyone can seriously argue, based upon the season up to now, that Pearson should be given another season. Our points-per-game average under NP is, if I'm not wrong, about the same as Sven's was during his catastrophic reign.

This is such an appalling slide that - based on what we've learnt from the past - it would be perfectly sensible for us to get rid now. Pearson couldn't have placed more importance on this game, we had the good fortune of coming up against an astonishingly poor side and yet our players had no interest whatsoever in putting in the sort of blood-and-thunder performance that would revive our season, and guarantee Pearson another two weeks in charge.

I don't want him gone. But the argument in his favour looks increasingly frail. And there is a very common-sense justification for us moving on.

Unless, of course, you're one of those that thought Taylor or Levein or Sousa or Eriksson would have turned it around, given time.

I still admire Pearson for his first spell but, whether I like it or not, he has set the bar far too low of late and suffered the inevitable consequences that come with it.

Totally agree. People say he needs time, but he's had a lot of time ( and cash ) in the football world!

What do people think he will do differently with more time? Because the longer he has this team, the further backwards we now seem to be going!

He's a decent manager, but not the one to get us over the line. We took hulls manager who had them in about 8th, and that's where he will take us.

A word for the Thais next time when appointing a manager use a bit of sense! don't listen to fooking advice from the Birch et al.

Appoint someone who has got promotion from this division Adkins, RDM, McDermott even f**king Warnock just to get us up.

NFP isn't good enough.

Appoint someone who has got promotion from this division Adkins, RDM, McDermott even f**king Warnock just to get us up.

NFP isn't good enough.

Agreed that Pearson does not seem to be the answer.

Do people seriously believe though we could attract RDM? I doubt it. McDermott and Adkins will be holding out for a lower prem team so soon after losing their jobs. Even Di Canio is sniffing around the Premier league. Our stock aint that great at the minute.

Agreed that Pearson does not seem to be the answer.

Do people seriously believe though we could attract RDM? I doubt it. McDermott and Adkins will be holding out for a lower prem team so soon after losing their jobs. Even Di Canio is sniffing around the Premier league. Our stock aint that great at the minute.

When our "stock" pays them £1,000,000 a year salary they won't have a problem!!!!

A word for the Thais next time when appointing a manager use a bit of sense! don't listen to fooking advice from the Birch et al.

NFP isn't good enough.

What's the point of appointing a manager who has failed at premier league level? Adkins, McDermott and warnock have all failed and been sacked for underachieving at this level so why would it be different if they were in charge of city?

What's the point of appointing a manager who has failed at premier league level? Adkins, McDermott and warnock have all failed and been sacked for underachieving at this level so why would it be different if they were in charge of city?

I am not bothered about what they did in the prem.

I care about what they will do for City at the championship which they have proven are good managers at this level and are better than NP at this level.

I would worry about the prem when we get there.

Adkins was keeping Southampton up. They started the season badly but he learned from his earlier mistakes and there isn't a chance he'd have taken them down. I'd be pouncing now because come the summer there will be plenty of other interested parties. Hos managerial record is outstanding.

Two Welsh titles with Bangor City

Two League One promotions (including a championship) with Scunthorpe

One League One promotion and one Championship promotion with Southampton

Everywhere he has been, regardless of the level of football, he has been a winner. He is by far the best candidate on the market. If the owners aren't working in the background to sort out whatever his issues with Southampton might be then they should be doing.

NFP isn't good enough.

This is what we need. Everyone goes on about Pearson being a good manager but he's avarage he's ok in this division. Him being stubbon will cost us promotion year after year or any other team he's at.

Guest BlueBrett

we are still in a play-off place.

Are you serious?

Are you?

You are seriously comforted by the fact that having picked up 9 points from the last 30 available we are still just barely in the final play off spot? Brighton 3 points behind us with a game in hand and we still have to go away to their place. Pre season auto promotion favourites who have been top of the league and spent several weeks in second, but right now we should be giving thanks that we are currently in sixth and following a similar trajectory to a stone thrown from a tall building by a small girl? I suppose if or, as seems more likely at the moment, when we drop out of the top 6 in a couple of weeks we should be grateful because we are just 2 points off, 3 points off 5, 6, 7 points of playoffs? Well not for me mate. Not with the money we've spent and the players we have at the club. It's just not good enough and somebody has to be held accountable.

Honestly don't get people's problem with Roy Keane.

I'm not saying he's exactly a managerial god but his record at Championship level is pretty good. 190 points from 122 games at an average of 1.56 points per game.

For reference Pearson (who despite the debacle of the past 2 months, I and most on here rate as a good manager) has an average of 1.49 points per game at this level. Even if you strip out his spell at relegation-threatened Southampton it's 1.51.

Roy Keane is a decent manager imo his only bad spell was with Ipswich like Holloway taint was with us, you cannot doubt he is a bad manager! but would he be the man for us? I am not sure I wouldn't take that gamble because seemingly the majority of City fans wouldn't want him we would need someone who everyone would back and that man is either Lennon, Di Matteo, Adkins or McDermott.

Archived