Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trumpet

If Pearson is sacked...

What do we expect to gain?

Sacking a manager 8 games before the season ends would be the worst possible option available to us, IMO. If we got a new man in and our form continued as it is, would we sack the new man? Pearson needs to stay until the end of the season, we've gone too far to sack him now.

I don't know if this has been discussed before or whether it warrants a new thread, but what do we all expect from Pearson being sacked?

Billy Davies does know Forest inside out and most of the players, so I wouldn't try and make a comparison with Forest.

Forest shouldn't even come into this, they sacked him when our form was W-W-W-W-D-W in all competitions, so comparisons shouldn't be made.

Billy Davies does know Forest inside out and most of the players, so I wouldn't try and make a comparison with Forest.

Yes and Pearson's never met Dyer, King, Gallagher, Wellens or Schlupp before , and he's never been to the Manager's office, dressing rooms or the Training Ground . Must have been an eye opener for him. Reportedly one of the best paid managers in the Championship. Must have nee very difficult for him to adjust

You Pearson lovers are grasping at straws. Admit it!

Yeah, didn't they sack him about 10 games ago?

Alright then what about when we sacked Rob Kelly and brought in Nigel Worthington for the last 5 games? He managed to scrape a few wins which saw us survive relegation, just delaying the inevitable the following year but still, can't help but feel we need a similar boost to salvage something.

He was allegedly given the brief of getting promotion (last season) yet he gets a lot of praise for (probably) failing in his second season and building a young tight-knit squad which will develop nicely over another season or two.

1. That wasn't the objective.

2. Knockaert, Schlupp and others will probably attract a lot of interest if and when we don't get promoted.

I don't know what the answer is but I'm pretty sure it's not Pearson!

Alright then what about when we sacked Rob Kelly and brought in Nigel Worthington for the last 5 games? He managed to scrape a few wins which saw us survive relegation, just delaying the inevitable the following year but still, can't help but feel we need a similar boost to salvage something.

We were fighting for survival, different scenario.

I'm by no means pro-Pearson at the moment, I just think its too late to sack him and expect change.

My gripe with Pearson is not just over the results we're getting but the way we're playing and his apparent inability to lift us out of our current crisis in time to rescue our season.

This is arguably as good a chance of winning promotion as we're likely to get and, for once, the manager has been given every assistance by the owners to achieve that aim.

We therefore need to give ourselves every chance of succeeding and the question that has to be answered is do we stick or twist?.

I loved the way we played at the start of the season and, although sending warning shots across his bow, have resisted calling for changing Pearson til today because i hoped he finally recognise his mistakes/shortcomings and come through with the right answers.

I should have known better because, for all his considerable strengths, recognising his own shortcomings doesn't seem to be one of them.

So, do I think the last eight games will prove me wrong? No. And that's why I think we should risk new leadership.

I always wanted Ole Gunnar Solksjaer in any case but have no idea if he'd come or could come in time. So I'd turn to Adkins. He's attack minded, will know our players well enough and has already climbed out of this division and against teams he's largely played against before so he'll be well armed information-wise.

My lasting concern is over our coaching and preparation, our basic psychology and our ability to get the best out of the players we have.

I'm not forgetting we've gone top and occupied a top two place for parts of this season. But in both cases I didn't like the way we responded to that and what Pearson showed me in getting to those heights was that he could assemble good players and make them tactically sound when things were going well.

What he's never convinced me of is that he can deal with pressure at the top (I don't think he even did it particularly well in Division One), that he can manage his way out of a crisis successfully or that he can handle the wide range of moods and personalities that test any aspiring top manager.

Various decent players who seem to have got on perfectly well with other managers have left our club disgruntled - Gradel, Beckford, Danns, and Futacs to name the obvious Schlupp was sidelined for no obvious reason, Moore disappeared from view and Wood has now lost form having supposedly had a bust up with Pearson which, whether true or not, still doesn't explain the dramatic change.

That's a lot of unhappy footballers and i know from his own mouth that Gradel had no idea why he was so inexplicably disguarded.

People in the team have talked of the best manager they've played under but there's no signs of it in his demeanour and no signs of it from the way we're playing on the park right now either individally or as a unit.

One win in nine league games isn't the worst run we've ever had but it's right out of character for this particular team - especially given that they are arguably as good as any team in the division. Bad runs are inevitable with bad teams and bad players but we don't have either. Our demise is down to other things like philosophy, leadership, confidence, tactics and inspiration.

These are all things with which a good manager turns water to wine. But Pearson's demonstrably failed to find the recipe and the wine is tasting ever more sour.

Several times i've suggested we employ an attacking coach yet our goals tally in the early part of the season suggested it was no longer necessary. Yet that under the surface it was because we never made the best of our attack capabilities and we're looking woefully short of ideas right now.

I've also talked of us needing better psychological, tactical and philosophical input - nebulous things some might think - but vital for winning in my view.

Bill Shankly was one of the best I ever met in this way and just speaking to the guy demonstrated why. His passionc, ommitment, single-mindedness and complete belief in his players shone through in every word he said. Even as a stranger he made you feel 10 feet high and with every word he made his club sound special.

Today, Pearson looks drained, uncertain and anything but inspiring. Yes, outward appearances may be deceptive but they don't seem so from our performances on the field.

And that's what concerns me most. Pearson seems to be a leader who's out of his depth and not sure how the battle can be won.

Great leaders have a plan and, more than that they have other ideas to try if things go wrong. They never give the impression that losing is even a possibility and always set up to with a conviction that envelopes and infects everyone under their command.

It took me less than 10 minutes to know we'd lose today and said so to the friend I was with. We simply didn't have the necessary conviction to impose ourselves.

For me, we need better than that.

What do we expect to gain?

Sacking a manager 8 games before the season ends would be the worst possible option available to us, IMO. If we got a new man in and our form continued as it is, would we sack the new man? Pearson needs to stay until the end of the season, we've gone too far to sack him now.

I don't know if this has been discussed before or whether it warrants a new thread, but what do we all expect from Pearson being sacked?

More points than if he stays!

The chance for a new manager to get to know the current squad, rather than coming in blind for the start of next season!

My gripe with Pearson is not just over the results we're getting but the way we're playing and his apparent inability to lift us out of our current crisis in time to rescue our season.

This is arguably as good a chance of winning promotion as we're likely to get and, for once, the manager has been given every assistance by the owners to achieve that aim.

We therefore need to give ourselves every chance of succeeding and the question that has to be answered is do we stick or twist?.

I loved the way we played at the start of the season and, although sending warning shots across his bow, have resisted calling for changing Pearson til today because i hoped he finally recognise his mistakes/shortcomings and come through with the right answers.

I should have known better because, for all his considerable strengths, recognising his own shortcomings doesn't seem to be one of them.

So, do I think the last eight games will prove me wrong? No. And that's why I think we should risk new leadership.

I always wanted Ole Gunnar Solksjaer in any case but have no idea if he'd come or could come in time. So I'd turn to Adkins. He's attack minded, will know our players well enough and has already climbed out of this division and against teams he's largely played against before so he'll be well armed information-wise.

My lasting concern is over our coaching and preparation, our basic psychology and our ability to get the best out of the players we have.

I'm not forgetting we've gone top and occupied a top two place for parts of this season. But in both cases I didn't like the way we responded to that and what Pearson showed me in getting to those heights was that he could assemble good players and make them tactically sound when things were going well.

What he's never convinced me of is that he can deal with pressure at the top (I don't think he even did it particularly well in Division One), that he can manage his way out of a crisis successfully or that he can handle the wide range of moods and personalities that test any aspiring top manager.

Various decent players who seem to have got on perfectly well with other managers have left our club disgruntled - Gradel, Beckford, Danns, and Futacs to name the obvious Schlupp was sidelined for no obvious reason, Moore disappeared from view and Wood has now lost form having supposedly had a bust up with Pearson which, whether true or not, still doesn't explain the dramatic change. That's alot of unhappy footballers and i know from his own mouth that Gradel had no idea why he was so inexplicably disguarded.

People in the team have talked of the best manager they've played under but there's no signs of it in his demeanour and no signs of it from the way we're playing on the park right now either individally or as a unit.

One win in nine league games isn't the worst run we've ever had but it's right out of character for this particular team - especially given that they are arguably as good as any team in the division. Bad runs are inevitable with bad teams and bad players but we don't have either. Our demise is down to other things like philosophy, leadership, confidence, tactics and inspiration.

These are all things with which a good manager turns water to wine. But Pearson's demonstrably failed to find the recipe and the wine is tasting ever more sour.

Several times i've suggested we employ an attacking coach yet our goals tally in the early part of the season suggested it was no longer necessary. Yet that under the surface it was because we never made the best of our attack capabilities and we're looking woefully short of ideas right now.

I've also talked of us needing better psychological, tactical and philosophical input - nebulous things some might think - but vital for winning in my view.

Bill Shankly was one of the best I ever met in this way and just speaking to the guy demonstrated why. His passionc, ommitment, single-mindedness and complete belief in his players shone through in every word he said. Even as a stranger he made you feel 10 feet high and with every word he made his club sound special.

Today, Pearson looks drained, uncertain and anything but inspiring. Yes, outward appearances may be deceptive but they don't seem so from our performances on the field.

And that's what concerns me most. Pearsons eems to be a leader who's out of his depth and not sure how the battle can be won.

Great leaders have a plan and, more than that they have other ideas to try if things go wrong. They never give the impression that losing is even a possibility and always set up to with a conviction that envelopes and infects everyone under their command.

It took me less than 10 minutes to know we'd lose today and said so to the friend I was with. We simply didn't have the necessary conviction to impose ourselves.

For me, we need better than that.

Your connections with footballing greats of the past like shanks and your confident conclusions about our current plight can only mean one thing. Thracian you have to be the next manager of lcfc and indeed our attacking coach. And maybe the next pope.

Archived