Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trumpet

If Pearson is sacked...

Your connections with footballing greats of the past like shanks and your confident conclusions about our current plight can only mean one thing. Thracian you have to be the next manager of lcfc and indeed our attacking coach. And maybe the next pope.

I always find Thracs post's interesting. Fair play, I don't always agree but at least he gives his opinion.

All you seem to do is to take the piss, bang on about how we shouldn't dismiss Pearson and never actually say anything much else.

It's boring mate.

Try to give us your view on summat.. Are you happy with the absolute guff we saw earlier? (Assuming you saw it)?

I always find Thracs post's interesting. Fair play, I don't always agree but at least he gives his opinion.

All you seem to do is to take the piss, bang on about how we shouldn't dismiss Pearson and never actually say anything much else.

It's boring mate.

Try to give us your view on summat.. Are you happy with the absolute guff we saw earlier? (Assuming you saw it)?

Evening...... :(

Thracians post, long though it is, it a fine summation of where we, our club and our management are at the present time.

In terms of our football the last two games have been the worst I have seen from us this season, the lack of confidence, intensity, whatever, has been obvious for a while, today me couldn't muster any fighting spirit either.

The sad thing is, this state off affairs has been coming for months, from late october, early november in fact. Going top of the table was our undoing, suddenly it seems that NFP thought we had a position to defend, so goodbye fluent attacking football, hello cautious defensive play.

We, our team that is, is now so badly fooked up that I think this season is pretty much gone, I know we are still in the playoffs but it would take a turnaround of Billy Davies proportions to keep us there and I really do not see that happening.

For fuks sake Thracian. Pack it in with this okie bummer solkiar I can't be bothered to spell his name. He is not the answer nor is sacking Pearson.

what's the answer then? Wait til 2017 when Pearson's team mature? Oh they might have been bought by other clubs by then

8 games left and people are saying change the manager. He got us up to 6th! And we don't deserve or have the right to get to the premier league because we were 2nd in the table.

Just a bunch of west stand muppet fans on here.

And I should imagine the players read all this. It's embarrassing what some nobs on here post.

Evening...... :(

Thracians post, long though it is, it a fine summation of where we, our club and our management are at the present time.

In terms of our football the last two games have been the worst I have seen from us this season, the lack of confidence, intensity, whatever, has been obvious for a while, today me couldn't muster any fighting spirit either.

The sad thing is, this state off affairs has been coming for months, from late october, early november in fact. Going top of the table was our undoing, suddenly it seems that NFP thought we had a position to defend, so goodbye fluent attacking football, hello cautious defensive play.

We, our team that is, is now so badly fooked up that I think this season is pretty much gone, I know we are still in the playoffs but it would take a turnaround of Billy Davies proportions to keep us there and I really do not see that happening.

Has anyone actually looked at the table?

Borough lost, Bolton lost.. It's only really Brighton who are near us at present.

So no, all isn't over.

It's ridiculous actually that we are still in a pretty strong position, given the utter garbage we are playing at present.

This is why the question must be asked re. Pearson.. Do we stick or twist?

If we get on a run, then a play-off place is, amazingly, still highly probable. But will we get it with the current regime.

I really dunno.

One things for sure.. It's going pear-shaped when we could have been really safe. The general level of the Championship this season has been sooo average.

It's boring mate.

I agree, Thrac's post is interesting and well put, although I don't agree with it.

I believe our form is shocking, we looked bereft of ideas and need a change from somewhere, I'm just still not convinced that another manager go round is the answer. In fact, Nige's biggest strength should we go up is identified by Thrac as a weakness-we don't lead the league well. Fortunately, in the Prem, we're very unlikely to be leading it-we'll be scrapping, and fighting, and hopefully pushing for top 12. We do (or did before Feb) scrap well against good teams, which was a hallmark, incidentally, of our MON teams.

We are looking awful, tired and short of ideas. But we know a change of manager is an expensive, time consuming, step into the unknown, and there has been enough good this season that it's just not a wise gamble to change now.

Keep this run up and I might change my tune, but I don't think we will. NP is still my man for the job.

8 games left and people are saying change the manager. He got us up to 6th! And we don't deserve or have the right to get to the premier league because we were 2nd in the table.

Just a bunch of west stand muppet fans on here.

And I should imagine the players read all this. It's embarrassing what some nobs on here post.

you, Sir, are the embarrassment. The players know they were poor today. And attacking the West Stand? What;s that all about?

Do you guys want promotion or not? The way you talk on here I'm thinking not. Keep Pearson/ Build over the next few seasons. Whilst each year clubs drop into our league with their massive Sky parachute money. Give it a rest.

Has anyone actually looked at the table?

Borough lost, Bolton lost.. It's only really Brighton who are near us at present.

So no, all isn't over.

It's ridiculous actually that we are still in a pretty strong position, given the utter garbage we are playing at present.

This is why the question must be asked re. Pearson.. Do we stick or twist?

If we get on a run, then a play-off place is, amazingly, still highly probable. But will we get it with the current regime.

I really dunno.

One things for sure.. It's going pear-shaped when we could have been really safe. The general level of the Championship this season has been sooo average.

Did you see the game today Col?

Serious question, can you see any possible way that we can go on any kind of a winning run after that garbage?

I no longer care whether we sack NFP or not, I do not think it matters any longer. The life and confidence of the team is gone and I think our slide is irreversible.

The only good reason to sack him is if we think we're not going to recover from this and will not finish in the play-offs.

It has to be questioned whether we can turn it around. We appear to be getting worse by the game in quality and attitude. This run is similar to Peter Taylor post Wycombe or Cardiff when they blew their automatic promotion chances and ended up finishing 7th. It's not quite a Devon Loch but it's a Garrison Savannah.

I'd like Pearson to sort it out and regain my confidence, but frankly I'm struggling to see where our next win is coming from.

We've capitulated to nothing and we look like relegation candidates at the moment.

Did you see the game today Col?

Serious question, can you see any possible way that we can go on any kind of a winning run after that garbage?

I no longer care whether we sack NFP or not, I do not think it matters any longer. The life and confidence of the team is gone and I think our slide is irreversible.

This is how I feel, sadly. It's an implosion, it seems inevitable that we'll continue to fall.

Your connections with footballing greats of the past like shanks and your confident conclusions about our current plight can only mean one thing. Thracian you have to be the next manager of lcfc and indeed our attacking coach. And maybe the next pope.

That all sounded quite appealing til you linked me with Catholicism.

I agree, Thrac's post is interesting and well put, although I don't agree with it.

I believe our form is shocking, we looked bereft of ideas and need a change from somewhere, I'm just still not convinced that another manager go round is the answer. In fact, Nige's biggest strength should we go up is identified by Thrac as a weakness-we don't lead the league well. Fortunately, in the Prem, we're very unlikely to be leading it-we'll be scrapping, and fighting, and hopefully pushing for top 12. We do (or did before Feb) scrap well against good teams, which was a hallmark, incidentally, of our MON teams.

We are looking awful, tired and short of ideas. But we know a change of manager is an expensive, time consuming, step into the unknown, and there has been enough good this season that it's just not a wise gamble to change now.

Keep this run up and I might change my tune, but I don't think we will. NP is still my man for the job.

I saw the game this evening and was disgusted.

The last ten mins or so of Kasper launching it into the box was desperate and embarassing. I suspect any neutral seeing that wondered how the Hell we are where we are in the table.

But we are there... Which is why the question must be asked IMO of do we stick or twist?

It COULD happen (shock/horror) that a new face comes in and makes us top two! This isn't being daft, it's actually very doable.. Points wise..

However, if trust remains in Pearson then we must hope we somehow have it in the locker to bounce back.

To be honest I'm flummoxed..

I didn't see the game today sadly, haven't got sky etc etc. however it would appear we are not going to stop this slide easily. Changes are needed

It was freely available on the internet if you don't mind a few (sometime questionable/X-rated) pop ups. PM me if you want the link

I saw the game this evening and was disgusted.

The last ten mins or so of Kasper launching it into the box was desperate and embarassing. I suspect any neutral seeing that wondered how the Hell we are where we are in the table.

But we are there... Which is why the question must be asked IMO of do we stick or twist?

It COULD happen (shock/horror) that a new face comes in and makes us top two! This isn't being daft, it's actually very doable.. Points wise..

However, if trust remains in Pearson then we must hope we somehow have it in the locker to bounce back.

To be honest I'm flummoxed..

Last ten minutes? We were doing that for the last 88 minutes!

I didn't see the game today sadly, haven't got sky etc etc. however it would appear we are not going to stop this slide easily. Changes are needed

Not sadly, you were one of the lucky ones.

Archived