Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
harpendenfox

So which is the real Leicester?

The one that has registered 30 points in two five game bursts, or the one that has achieved 29 points in a further 28 games?

I've seen us play superbly, but has this only been against out of form opposition?

I think we are potentially a very decent team. But we have an appalling lack of mental strength. The current squad simply doesn't have the requisite levels of application.

I'm broadly supportive of the manager, but this weakness worries me, as it suggests he hasn't as yet gathered a sufficiently resolute squad

The real Leicester is the best Leicester. I wouldn't be saying that if we'd seen our potential in maybe a couple of games but the truth is we've seen our ability over extended periods. To me this shows we are capable of that level if the management (and players) do the right thing.

Both. We're capable of being brilliant and awful.

The real Leicester is inconsistent.

Having followed Leicester for 20 years I would agree with this. We always seem to perform against the bigger / form teams. I remember us beating Newcastle in 97 then losing to Derby the next week. Or beating Spurs in the cup 3-2, then losing what must've been the 8th or 9th consecutive match in the league. At least it's never dull. I can recall appalling 3-0 defeats to Cov or Palace in the cup, then going to Anfield or Old Trafford and getting a result.

That's why, even when we were sitting second, a lot of people were saying, "yeah but we don't look that good, I don't expect us to stay there". It's not negativity, it's an unshakeable realism all Leicester fans have to stop us getting our hopes up.

The real trouble is that apart from a couple of exceptions they don't WANT to go up !!

The majority of them, in their heart of hearts know they are not good enough for the Premiership & won't rock their comfortable ,well paid,little boat!

This i believe ,is why we have seen two City's this season ,and why so many of them have seemingly & mysteriously "lost form ". Also,the togetherness and team spirit we saw earlier in the season is no more & the manager apparently lacks the know how or motivation to regain it !

The real trouble is that apart from a couple of exceptions they don't WANT to go up !!

The majority of them, in their heart of hearts know they are not good enough for the Premiership & won't rock their comfortable ,well paid,little boat!

This i believe ,is why we have seen two City's this season ,and why so many of them have seemingly & mysteriously "lost form ". Also,the togetherness and team spirit we saw earlier in the season is no more & the manager apparently lacks the know how or motivation to regain it !

I am sure this has been said for the past couple of seasons now, it could well be true, and that is why managers have gone.

Archived