Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Benji

One of the great mysteries in life....

serious?

the one thing he did right was hit that long shot sweetly, other than that he would have been struggling to score a 1 out of 10. Not only did he make a mess of every time he had the ball, he couldn't cross, rolled our last attacking corner along the ground and THEN had the cheek to have a yell at sheehan for taking it on and having a shot :mad:

But is he one of those who gives his heart every time he plays, He may not have the skill but he will do everything possible for the club, However rubbish?

One of the reasons teams have these types of players is because they are not high earners. Is this the same for Wilcox?

Boston Fan

no i don't think he does. Benjamin was the opposite attitude wise, he had as much skill but gave 110% and was why we loved him.

Wilcox though especially tonight, if a pass was not directly to his feet he wouldn't chase it down. Me and kerry sat there and everytime he got the ball in space with time we'd go, let's see what he can do (like everyone i wanted to give him a chance) but he would pass to inter or to nowhere, at one stage he had two attempts even getting on his arse tackling to pass it but inter still came away with the ball. Sorry, i'm moaning already, but i think we've got a REALLY good squad and i don't want our chances hindered nor other players being left out like sheehan in the season just so he can play.

Surley people can talk for them selves, what are other peoples views on Wilcox?

Boston Fan

144088[/snapback]

I didn't go to the game tonight as I was working :( , but I don't rate Wilcox. He's well past his sell by date and far too injury prone. He doesn't have the pace or guile to make much impact on the left wing.

Well said Benji - I agree completely.

Wilcox was absolutely shite tonight - I couldn't believe he'd been given a contract based on that performance. I couldn't believe it when he had a go at Sheehan too, what a tw*t. Wilcox was never where he was meant to be i.e. on the left wing in space. He kept drifting infield and it was a complete waste. Simply garbage tonight.

Oh and Benji, I was a few rows behind you tonight - in J1 ;)

woo nice one mate, not a bad view there was it? im usually just into J3 but bit more central, bit lower down this time as well which was good! See me stand up about 40 minutes in? haha i was dying for a pi55 since kick off and i was praying for a goal kick but they wouldn't give one and i was smack in the middle of my row. Got some dirty looks getting everyone to stand up lmao

,Jul 25 2005, 10:55 PM]I'm going to remain optimistic and say he hasn't had much match practise in the past half a year or so, let's give him a bit of time :)

This may be blind optimism, but at the risk of sounding like Mickey Adams, keep the faith!!

Ha.

144087[/snapback]

Alright Mickeh. :S

My personal opinion of Wilcox:

I was very disappointed when we originally signed him

His performances up to his injury met my expectations of him perfectly - IE: I still considered him to be a waste of space (& money)

Tonight - 1st half I didn't actually realise he was on the pitch

2nd half I was aware of him but not impressed - however he did seem to be a bit better than I remember him

Wilcox didn't look very good tonight but in my opinion neither did Canero, Williams or de Vries. I haven't criticised de Vries at all since he joined us but tonight he disappointed me. Inter Milan were very good despite the lack of their really big name players.

Levein made a point of clearing out the dead wood when he arrived. What the hell is Wilcox if he isnt dead wood?

Perhaps Levein always wanted to get rid of Jordan Stewart (hence his lost of the number 11 shirt) and so he kept Wilcox for backup.

He didn't play well tonight but that went the same for others.

At the end of the day, he has signed a contract with the club, he is with us and no doubt he will help the likes of Gilbert and Sheehan improve.

I'm also positive he is very reduced wages compared to his last contract too and his pay also depends on first team on appearances in the coming season.

Archived