Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scow

Pearson and Hull City

Pearson's a fantastic firefighter.

He comes in, gets rid of the egos and the deadwood and builds young, hungry sides whilst cutting the wage budget and making spending sustainable. Up until today on the basis of what I'd seen pre-February I was strongly in favour of giving him the rest of this season and even next season to see if he could get us to the point of maintaining some of the very high levels we have shown this year. Now I think he has to go as that today was not a display by a team who want to/will be able to turn things round for their manager.

One thing that is for sure is that whoever comes in next will be building on very good foundations laid by Pearson and for that much he should always be respected. I would hate to see Pearson get abuse, and I hate seeing people unable to acknowledge the job he has done in a relatively short period of time, but it's time to say "thanks for what you've done but a change is needed now".

Pearson's a fantastic firefighter.

He comes in, gets rid of the egos and the deadwood and builds young, hungry sides whilst cutting the wage budget and making spending sustainable. Up until today on the basis of what I'd seen pre-February I was strongly in favour of giving him the rest of this season and even next season to see if he could get us to the point of maintaining some of the very high levels we have shown this year. Now I think he has to go as that today was not a display by a team who want to/will be able to turn things round for their manager.

One thing that is for sure is that whoever comes in next will be building on very good foundations laid by Pearson and for that much he should always be respected. I would hate to see Pearson get abuse, and I hate seeing people unable to acknowledge the job he has done in a relatively short period of time, but it's time to say "thanks for what you've done but a change is needed now".

I hardly think that if he does leave that Pearson will be getting any abuse in future ties, should he go onto manage a club who we would possibly be facing next season or beyond. Although I wasn't at the home game against Hull in 2010, when Pearson came here with Hull and it was Sven's firs game incharge at home, I believe both Sven and Pearson both got a very good reception and standing ovation each at that game.....and one would hope that would be the case whenever Pearson returned here with his next team, assuming things are going to pan out in the way that many are now predicting and that here will be a new club for him in due course if it does!

Another club that springs to mind is Cardiff - Mackay finished 6th in his first full season (after dropping out of the top 2) and looks on course to win the title in his second full season.

I'm hoping that, with a few additions in the summer, we'll be in a similar position next season. Perhaps I'm being overly optimistic here...

Another club that springs to mind is Cardiff - Mackay finished 6th in his first full season (after dropping out of the top 2) and looks on course to win the title in his second full season.

I'm hoping that, with a few additions in the summer, we'll be in a similar position next season. Perhaps I'm being overly optimistic here...

Some sense!!

But to be fair Mackay as splashed out alot of money there, would he be that good if he had same budget he had at Watford?

I said we should have got Bruce before the end of last season when it was clear that NP was out of his depth with our squad and tactically inept (Millwall away). I was fairly abused by all the wise heads on here, imagine how I laughed to see him do so well at Dull

But to be fair Mackay as splashed out alot of money there, would he be that good if he had same budget he had at Watford?

It's difficult to say. He was doing a decent job at Watford on limited resources (as was Dyche, who subsequently took over).

McDermott was given two full seasons and achieved promotion - the same appears to be happening for Mackay.

Assuming we finish in the play-offs and don't go up, that would represent progress on last season. Whether Pearson deserves another crack at it remains to be seen, but we've had a high turnover of players since he arrived with the aim of reducing the wage bill while increasing the value of the squad - he's achieved that to an extent.

The sensible thing to do is at least give him until the end of the season with a squad he's put together.

Archived