Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aberdeen_fox

De Vries

I think it's complete boll*cks but more importantly what does everyone think of the delightful young filly pictured by Rooster Booster ?

144485[/snapback]

thinking on the same lines mate!

Can't believe so many of you are still slagging De Vries off. Just by looking at his contributions in the Celtic and Inter highlights - he looks incredibly sharp and skillful. Two of his turns against Inter were sublime and that's one of the best defences in the world.

Get a grip people and start supporting your players, instead of the constant bloody moaning - you're beginning to sound like Arsenal fans.

Can't believe so many of you are still slagging De Vries off. Just by looking at his contributions in the Celtic and Inter highlights - he looks incredibly sharp and skillful. Two of his turns against Inter were sublime and that's one of the best defences in the world.

Get a grip people and start supporting your players, instead of the constant bloody moaning - you're beginning to sound like Arsenal fans.

144534[/snapback]

Spot on !

144534[/snapback]

:thumbup:

144534[/snapback]

The poor Arsenal fans are just learning to be like their team's manager - A. Whinger

144534[/snapback]

like everyone else I have to agree with that!!!!

for the effort and determination has has shown in pre season and by returning when everyone else was sat on a beach he deserves our full support at the start of the season, lets wipe the slate clean and give him our full backing

144534[/snapback]

Therein lies the problem...were you actually at the Inter or Celtic games? I can't comment about his performance against Celtic because I wasn't there, but he was woeful again against Inter.

2 bits of good play doesn't overshadow the countless pieces of crap he did - there were a number of good opportunities for him to score (or play others into having good chances) which he well and truly ****ed up.

Fair enough slag off people for complaining about De Vries, but at least go to the games and see his overall performance first. If you only saw the highlights you will have only seen the few positive things he did, but your opinion isn't exactly based on the whole game is it?

144534[/snapback]

Therein lies the problem...were you actually at the Inter or Celtic games? I can't comment about his performance against Celtic because I wasn't there, but he was woeful again against Inter.

2 bits of good play doesn't overshadow the countless pieces of crap he did - there were a number of good opportunities for him to score (or play others into having good chances) which he well and truly ****ed up.

Fair enough slag off people for complaining about De Vries, but at least go to the games and see his overall performance first. If you only saw the highlights you will have only seen the few positive things he did, but your opinion isn't exactly based on the whole game is it?

144611[/snapback]

I agree, i'm not one to slag off and definetly won't boo our players, and credit to de Vries for putting in the extra work, but i'm not defending him on last nights performance.

I wasn't at the game last night, but I certainly thought de Vries looked promising against Celtic. Bear in mind he's playing with another targetman upfront, and against one of the best defences in Europe. Pre season really isn't the time to start making judgements on players.

I wasn't at the game last night, but I certainly thought de Vries looked promising against Celtic. Bear in mind he's playing with another targetman upfront, and against one of the best defences in Europe. Pre season really isn't the time to start making judgements on players.

144630[/snapback]

I wouldn't say Inter Milan reserves are one of the best defences in Europe. They are a much stronger defence than any we'll face in the Championship but that's not saying much.

I disagree about pre-season not being to time to make judgments - it's one of the most important times for a manager to see which players look sharp enough and are confident enough to start the league campaign in the starting 11 ;)

I will support De Vries in the next game he plays, probably against Sheff Utd, but I'm not going to disregard his performance yesterday just because it was a friendly.

144630[/snapback]

I wouldn't say Inter Milan reserves are one of the best defences in Europe. They are a much stronger defence than any we'll face in the Championship but that's not saying much.

I disagree about pre-season not being to time to make judgments - it's one of the most important times for a manager to see which players look sharp enough and are confident enough to start the league campaign in the starting 11 ;)

I will support De Vries in the next game he plays, probably against Sheff Utd, but I'm not going to disregard his performance yesterday just because it was a friendly.

144643[/snapback]

Materazzi and Mihajlovic were regulars in the Inter back line last season, so I would hardly class them as reserves. ;)

2 out of their 5 defenders/goalkeeper are regulars, thus the majority were reserve players ;)

144647[/snapback]

Even so, de Vries and Dublin were marked by those two.

de Vries pissed all over Dublin's performance against Inter. I thought although things didn't go right for him in front of goal against Inter he was a menace all night and if Connolly can take his chances next season it will be a quality partnership. de Vries won alot in the air against Inter and fed the ball to Dublin on alot of occasions but because of Dublin's lack of pace and style of game it was useless. If Connolly was supplied with the through balls that de Vries laid on then we would of had alot more shots on target on monday.

de Vries is ten times better than he was last season and I am quietly confident that if he can take a few chances early on in the season, he'll be good for us.

Dublin was wank.

Archived