Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Burbage Fox

Team Spirit

So with 4 games to go and tomorrow being the latest in a long line of must win games (however tomorrow really is) and after recent performances I wonder what people think our team spirit is like. I was with a an ex player last week and he tells me that for example when they all have lunch they come in 2s and 3s then all go off, never lunch together or seem to be all together for anything and there are 3 or 4 different cliques now I know that having lunch is not the answer to all our issues but it does raise further fuel to the fire that not everyone is pulling together.

Anyway just asking the question given recent other rumours and with 4 games left we all need to be together!

6th place finish and then beat Watford at Wembley that was my dream last night.

They've bottled it for too long. Its time they came together as a group and try saving our season by doing the impossible, as it seems for us, to get us promoted. It can still be done. The Bolton game is the 'make or break' game. A result is a must. Lose tomorrow and our season will be finally over.

They've bottled it for too long. Its time they came together as a group and try saving our season by doing the impossible, as it seems for us, to get us promoted. It can still be done. The Bolton game is the 'make or break' game. A result is a must. Lose tomorrow and our season will be finally over.

Not really if we win the other 3 games we have a chance that is what some people who are "deluded" will be saying :whistle::ph34r:

It's been crushed over the past couple of months, I think. Watch everyone blame Pearson for it and find it as another reason to hound him out.

Fans booing players clearly doesn't help things either for team spirit, especially whilst they are on the pitch.

I agree we all need to be together for what could be the 4 most crucial games in recent seasons (hopefully it'll be 7 games!).

Not really if we win the other 3 games we have a chance that is what some people who are "deluded" will be saying :whistle::ph34r:

It would be still possible, depending on whether teams around us drop points, but it's highly unlikely. It would take a miracle for us to win the last 3 games to get into the playoffs.

It's been crushed over the past couple of months, I think. Watch everyone blame Pearson for it and find it as another reason to hound him out.

Fans booing players clearly doesn't help things either for team spirit, especially whilst they are on the pitch.

I agree we all need to be together for what could be the 4 most crucial games in recent seasons (hopefully it'll be 7 games!).

I think the fans have been brilliant recently, really making a noise and cheering the team on even when Birmingham scored we out shouted the Brum fans. So the fans have been doing their bit so players just show the same emotion please.

I think the fans have been brilliant recently, really making a noise and cheering the team on even when Birmingham scored we out shouted the Brum fans. So the fans have been doing their bit so players just show the same emotion please.

Small minority of fans, then, didn't help against Barnsley.

I agree, against Birmingham they were very loud especially when they scored.

Small minority of fans, then, didn't help against Barnsley.

I agree, against Birmingham they were very loud especially when they scored.

Sorry but I am not sure if you went to Barnsley away, I did, and it was the worst performance I can recall in many many years and I saw my first game in 1970, so the fans who were there have every right to make the point after such an inept performance. The thread though is about team spirit and fact that it appears to be less than it should be, as mentioned my source was an ex player who has daily access to them, and this may be one factor in the recent poor run that as a team we are not totally together... just my thoughts in trying to find a reason for this recent more than Qtr of a season run

I don't see any team spirit or bonds.

Not like our League One winning season or even the last couple of season, they seemed together, mates, have a laugh together, it even felt like the team extended into the crowd, the fans were involved, I don't feel or can't see any of that now.

And it starts with the players showing us something, yes we all want to go have a laugh, have fun, have a chant but that starts with the players showing us something.

I have anything but a laugh, fun and chant at the moment.

Archived