Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NathanC93

Pearson - Should he stay or should he go?

Should he stay or should he go?  

366 members have voted

1. 1. Leave or Stay

Really?

We may just beat the number of points we had last season, is that progression?

A couple of additions? Seems we may need a new goalie, a right back, a centre half, a defensive midfielder, an attacking midfielder, at least one wide man and a striker. That's the first eleven sorted, just the bench to sort, so another goalie, another full back, another centre half, perhaps 2, 2 midfielders, a wide man and a couple of strikers.

So your of the opinion we need to sign 16 new players if we don't go up?

And the point that was made was "the club"is in a better position.... mainly regarding wage bill despite still having massive debts

So your of the opinion we need to sign 16 new players if we don't go up?

And the point that was made was "the club"is in a better position.... mainly regarding wage bill despite still having massive debts

From our current squad who would you keep?

I have my own views on the matter but just for arguments sake why is it that it's only post Christmas results that count when judging NP? And all this talk of 12 points? Last time I looked i could of sworn we had around 65 is it?? Or do we just pick out certain facts to back up our opinions?

No one can deny that we've well and truly missed out on a great chance of promotion /play offs possibly this season but the club as a whole has progressed from where it was 12 months ago and this side whoever manages it only needs a couple of additions to turn it into serious contenders for next season

The problem is that even when we take the rest of the season into account, we haven't been good enough to achieve automatic promotion - which was the aim. The play offs were very much a last resort, and now we need a freakish turn of results to even sneak in there.

So I'm not sure where so many of those who have voted for Pearson (despite many of those names confidently stating back in February that, were we outside the play offs at the end of the season, then they'd join the calls for him to go) get this idea that progress has been made, or objectives met. We are going to finish with roughly the same number of points as last season and the season before that, albeit with a complete collapse as the season has gone on.

That is the precise opposite of progress, by definition.

Unless you are spectacularly unambitious, spectacularly stubborn - or spectacularly patient and willing to wait until Saturday - then the arguments for Pearson to stay are hopelessly flimsy. And, I'm quite sure, these voting figures are not at all representative of Leicester fans, but rather of a set of people who are struggling to admit that they were wrong, on this forum.

Who shouldn't we keep is the better question. To suggest that we need to sign 16 players to get promotion is frankly ludicrous, despite its capitulation the squad we have here isn't that bad. I believe we need 4 or 5 more players, I'm not sure whether Pearson is the right man to sign those players but we certainly don't need the ridiculous upheaval that you're suggesting.

The only major changes I think we need to the starting 11 are a CB to play alongside Wes, a tough tackling ball winning CM and one more wide player. ...then a left back but only if we need him off the wage bill

Releasing the likes of SSL, Vardy, Wellens, ,beckford, ,danns and Gallagher

The problem is that even when we take the rest of the season into account, we haven't been good enough to achieve automatic promotion - which was the aim. The play offs were very much a last resort, and now we need a freakish turn of results to even sneak in there.

So I'm not sure where so many of those who have voted for Pearson (despite many of those names confidently stating back in February that, were we outside the play offs at the end of the season, then they'd join the calls for him to go) get this idea that progress has been made, or objectives met. We are going to finish with roughly the same number of points as last season and the season before that, albeit with a complete collapse as the season has gone on.

Unless you are spectacularly unambitious, spectacularly stubborn - or spectacularly patient and willing to wait until Saturday - then the arguments for Pearson to stay are hopelessly flimsy. And, I'm quite sure, these voting figures are not at all representative of Leicester fans, but rather of a set of people who are struggling to admit that they were wrong, on this forum.

Absolutely the best post I have seen on here relating to Pearson. :thumbup:

The only major changes I think we need to the starting 11 are a CB to play alongside Wes, a tough tackling ball winning CM and one more wide player. ...then a left back but only if we need him off the wage bill

It won't be easy. Unless I'm wrong those players have between one and three years left on their contracts, 'releasing' them would cost millions.

The difficult job for whichever manager we have will be selecting the one-or-two players we release (Wellens and Whitbread, with a year left, may be candidates, Futacs could be on relatively low wages and therefore another) and which players we negotiate exits for. There could be bidders for St Ledger, Konchesky, Danns and Beckford but I suspect we'd have to cough up substantially to make up for their drop in wages. As for Vardy and Gallagher, a long-term loan out is probably the best we'll achieve.

One of the few viable arguments for keeping Pearson is that a new manager would have to do his homework in advance of pre-season training, and shift players out without ever giving them a crack of the whip for him whereas with Pearson this won't be necessary.

We are likely to need a new goalie, Nugent is also on a high salary so may need to be shipped out so there's 6 that need replacing.

On the bench that will leave Logan as goalie, no cover at left back, one centre half, a midfield of Drinkwater and Dyer/Marshall and Schlupp up front as Futacs, Waghorn & Vardy will hopefully have been shipped out.

With the greatest respect, if i was a manager with a decent reputation i would not come near this club. You only get one season to get promotion, that involves an awful amount of luck which some do not realise.

With the greatest respect, if i was a manager with a decent reputation i would not come near this club. You only get one season to get promotion, that involves an awful amount of luck which some do not realise.

I'd expect that most managers realise that teams who hope to go up don't give managers a lot stint hence the high turnover in this division.

I thought Pearson had just done 18 months with us and we've stuck with him despite this awful run so I think your idea of a season is a bit ott.

I'd expect that most managers realise that teams who hope to go up don't give managers a lot stint hence the high turnover in this division.

I thought Pearson had just done 18 months with us and we've stuck with him despite this awful run so I think your idea of a season is a bit ott.

Some people on here would give him 5 years bud and even then say "oh but we've not given him long enough" lol

I'm amazed how many people (like me) would sooner NP stayed.

He's built the core of a team and kept the existing squad players, if he was supported by the owners like Cardiff have done with their Malky (and Jones before that) then he could get rid of the chaff, strengthen his starting 11 and push some of the existing starting 11 into more 'squad roles'.

I really hope the owners take the fans view on this. A good number of people have voted here from an FT perspective.

Good post in fairness

Archived