Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NathanC93

Pearson - Should he stay or should he go?

Should he stay or should he go?  

366 members have voted

1. 1. Leave or Stay

I'm shocked to hear people saying 'give him 10-15'. Do we never learn? We tried that with Taylor, kidding ourselves that poor end of season runs never become poor start of season runs (Bill Anderson spent a whole summer telling us that). As a result we went down and were very nearly closed down.

Then we did the same with Adams, who jumped before he was pushed in 05. We ended up lower-mid table after being among the favourites to go up.

Then we did it when we brought in Megson for Allen. We went down to the third that year for the first time ever.

Then we did it when we fired Sven for Pearson. We went from promotion certainties to a side that couldn't make the play-offs for two seasons running.

I think those instances are the only ones in the club's history of us waiting 10-15 games. Two ended in relegation, one in financial ruin and all four were distinctly disastrous decisions.

Sorry... We were promotion certainties at the time Sven was chopped? Are you alright?

Sorry... We were promotion certainties at the time Sven was chopped? Are you alright?

Is that the best hole you can pick in our argument? Okay maybe I should have used inverted commas, but you saw what the bookies said that summer. My point was that we should have fired Sven in the close season, rather than waiting 10-15 games. Or persisted.

Is that the best hole you can pick in our argument? Okay maybe I should have used inverted commas, but you saw what the bookies said that summer. My point was that we should have fired Sven in the close season, rather than waiting 10-15 games. Or persisted.

Why are you referring to yourself with the majestic plural?

At the end of that season Sven had taken us from bottom to 13th via a flirtation with the top 6. It would have been illogical to deny him a chance at a full season.

Why are you referring to yourself with the majestic plural?

At the end of that season Sven had taken us from bottom to 13th via a flirtation with the top 6. It would have been illogical to deny him a chance at a full season.

I like the idea that it's the majestic plural... But it's not. It's because more than one person believes the 10-15 games idea to be rubbish. And it is, just look at the precedents in our history.

Sven finished mid-table without once flirting in or with the top six. In the process he spent more on wages than we have at any stage in our history, before proceeding to spend more money on transfers than we have at any stage in our history. Then it went horribly wrong.

The history, once again, is the proof. With the benefit of hindsight, we should have either learned from that disastrous end of season run in 2011 (ring any bells...?) or persisted.

By the way, look at the years when we've had comparably poor end-of-season runs and then look at what happened the next season when we didn't fire the manager: 00-01 under Taylor (relegation the next season, and administration); 04-05 under Adams (three near relegations followed), 10-11 under Sven (two failed bids for the play-offs followed).

Then look at what happened when we did change our manager afterwards: 90-91 under Pleat (three successive play-off finals, the last of which we won followed), 06-07 under Holloway (instant promotion followed).

Has to leave....he has not shown signs that he can get us out of this divison over the course of a whole season. If we stick with him we will stay in the Championship.

He has failed to sign in areas where needed, most notable midfield and I don't like how he has fallen out with so many senior players.

Should any other manager in any other club be in charge of our recent form they would have been sacked. I said give him the season and see where we are but I don't see any improvement a can't see any future improvement should he stay.

We need fresh ideas by a new manager, a new manager who likes to get his teams passing it and keeping it on the floor.

Pearson's ideas are too out of date for my liking, and he likes to stick to the same formations, even if we are struggling, he is a 4-4-2 kind of guy and frankly that formation doesn't work all the time anymore, we simply don't have the correct players to play 4-4-2 on a consistent basis, we don't get enough out of Knockaert, Dyer and Marshall, while if we only play two in the middle against better passing teams, or more physical teams, the midfield will get over run like last night.

Birmingham with their midfield played the perfect game against us when they came down here, I would like to see our midfielders get the chance to roam like Morrison and Redmond did, they were quality that night, were hard to handle, and their movement was class. If we can get Knockaert, Marshall or whoever may come in, to play roles like that I can honestly see us looking more dangerous. When given time to roam free, they can move out wide, move inside, move around the 18 yard box, it will get us passing better, and will create more urgency.

4-3-1-2 or 4-2-2-2 formation is needed next season, with wingbacks as De Laet is better going forward, while we need fresher younger legs on the left side.

Stay, I really love being a laughing stock and finishing 7th.

if we are lucky! We finished 9 th on 66pts last year,we could be going backwards.We have fooked up nearly a third of the season after being in such a strong position,still with no idea how to get out of it.This isn't a dip in form when it's over so many games.

I read Pearson could be on 30k a week on here,might leave my judgement open on that,but if true we need to get rid of the big earners!

Pearson out.My nan in.

I've supported Pearson all season long, but I'm afraid he has to go. He has to take most of the responsibility for our worst form in 6 years with his one-dimensional tactics, he's had at least 2 months to rectify it and has failed to do so. That's why we've fallen from 2nd to 7th. My concern is if Pearson stays, we may risk having a bad start next season and the next manager will not have a lot of time to evaulate the squad and find solutions. So it would make sense to me to get rid now so the Thai's won't be under any pressure to find another manager who will give a fresh impetus to the club.

Go, I do like the bloke but we need a fresh start. There's baggage of a dreadful run and we can't let that continue into next season. We've had rumours all season and to start the next one with them won't do any good at all.

He has put together the nucleus of a good squad, and the next manager should have a decent building block. Such a shame that it hasn't worked out, but I think both Pearson and the club need a change.

Go, I do like the bloke but we need a fresh start. There's baggage of a dreadful run and we can't let that continue into next season. We've had rumours all season and to start the next one with them won't do any good at all.

He has put together the nucleus of a good squad, and the next manager should have a decent building block. Such a shame that it hasn't worked out, but I think both Pearson and the club need a change.

I suppose it will be much like the situation at Hull. Pearson sorts a mess out, gets them in a good position, then leaves and another manager comes in to do what he couldn't and really put them at the top of the table all season.

We can only hope, as the more I think about it, the more I feel Pearson doesn't have the ability to do it as much as I like him.

:o

We need fresh ideas by a new manager, a new manager who likes to get his teams passing it and keeping it on the floor.

Pearson's ideas are too out of date for my liking, and he likes to stick to the same formations, even if we are struggling, he is a 4-4-2 kind of guy and frankly that formation doesn't work all the time anymore, we simply don't have the correct players to play 4-4-2 on a consistent basis, we don't get enough out of Knockaert, Dyer and Marshall, while if we only play two in the middle against better passing teams, or more physical teams, the midfield will get over run like last night.

Birmingham with their midfield played the perfect game against us when they came down here, I would like to see our midfielders get the chance to roam like Morrison and Redmond did, they were quality that night, were hard to handle, and their movement was class. If we can get Knockaert, Marshall or whoever may come in, to play roles like that I can honestly see us looking more dangerous. When given time to roam free, they can move out wide, move inside, move around the 18 yard box, it will get us passing better, and will create more urgency.

4-3-1-2 or 4-2-2-2 formation is needed next season, with wingbacks as De Laet is better going forward, while we need fresher younger legs on the left side.

Spot on...

:o

I try and support the managers of the club all the way through, but it's reached a point where I think it's best if we part ways. Pearson has done a lot of good for the club in his two spells, but the last 16 games have seen us throw away a great position and I don't want a repeat next year.

There would be too much negativity ahead in August and that's what we don't want or need.

I try and support the managers of the club all the way through, but it's reached a point where I think it's best if we part ways. Pearson has done a lot of good for the club in his two spells, but the last 16 games have seen us throw away a great position and I don't want a repeat next year.

There would be too much negativity ahead in August and that's what we don't want or need.

:thumbup:

You saw it here first ladies and gentlemen.

oneillleicester2c.png

No thanks

He throws his toys out the pram if chairman doesn't give him untold fortunes to spend, which isn't possible here thank to the professional conman

And MoN's Sunderland side had lost it, & negative tactics woefully out of depth in the modern game.

Always a legend, forever!!!! but never go back - especially if it's not clear if he's still got his drive & passion, which looking at his subdued touchline mannerisms could be the case

You saw it here first ladies and gentlemen.

oneillleicester2c.png

You mean O' Neill will be the special guest with the Thais who will unveil our new green kit, along with our new name 'Leicester Dandelions FC'????

The Zola comparison is tripe. He has the best squad in the division and is likely to have to scrap it out in the playoffs.

he might have the best squad in the league but look at the Ins list....imo...its worrying..

IN

Manuel Almunia: Free-Watford 30/07/2012

Fitz Hall: Free-Watford 30/07/2012

Almen Abdi: Udinese - Watford (loan) 30/07/2012

Matej Vydra: Udinese - Watford (loan) 30/07/2012

Steve Beleck: Udinese - Watford (loan) 30/07/2012

Daniel Pudil: Granada - Watford (loan) 30/07/2012

Ikechi Anya: Granada - Watford (loan) 30/07/2012

Alex Geijo: Udinese - Watford (loan) 09/08/2012

Marco Cassetti: Udinese - Watford (loan) 23/08/2012

Geoffrey Mujangi Bia: Standard Liege - Watford (loan) 24/08/2012

Nathaniel Chalobah: Chelsea - Watford (loan) 31/08/2012

Jean-Alain Fanchone: Udinese - Watford (loan) 31/08/2012

Neuton Piccoli: Udinese - Watford (loan) 31/08/2012

Lars (Joel) Ekstrand: Udinese - Watford (loan) 31/08/2012

Cristian Battocchio: Udinese - Watford (loan) 31/08/2012

Fernando Forestieri: Udinese - Watford (loan) 31/08/2012

Nathaniel Chalobah: Chelsea - Watford (loan) 02/01/2013

Fernando Forestieri: Udinese - Watford 14/01/2013

Matthew Briggs: Fulham - Watford (loan) 28/03/13

Stay, we've got a great foundation to build on over summer, and risk jeoparidising that like we've done so many times before. Just once I'd like to see a manager given the full term of his contract to put forth his full vision. What's the point in giving anyone a three year contract if you're going to judge his future half way through?

Stay, we've got a great foundation to build on over summer, and risk jeoparidising that like we've done so many times before. Just once I'd like to see a manager given the full term of his contract to put forth his full vision. What's the point in giving anyone a three year contract if you're going to judge his future half way through?

Would you apply that logic to David Pleat, Peter Taylor, Craig Levein, Ian Holloway and Paulo Sousa?

And... great foundation? The same points as last season, relegation form second half of the season, collapse in form reminiscent of that to which we should have paid better attention in the summer of 2001... I'm not so sure.

I get all that, & agree :thumbup:

Pearson's big downfall this season was not working on 4231 or 4411 with the players who seem a great for it.

In the 4231

Any two from James, Drinkwater & King playing in the defensive two, adding cover for attacking fullbacks...

and in the attacking three having Marshall, Knockaert and Dyer pushing into the box to support a hardworking forward like Nuge or Waggy meaning 4 players in the attack & width provided with fast fullbacks, with no defensive concerns because of the defensive 2 in midfield.

Our players seem a great fit for that to have been worked on for more than just Hull away where we grabbed a great point with it

Similarly 4411 with Knockaert, Marshall or Gallagher playing off the front man, slotting balls through and naturally being a bit deeper for their long range specials... and free of the defensive shackles of providing cover to an attacking RB like RDL.

This is my biggest doubt with Pearson, been saying it for ages.

Would you apply that logic to David Pleat, Peter Taylor, Craig Levein, Ian Holloway and Paulo Sousa?

And... great foundation? The same points as last season, relegation form second half of the season, collapse in form reminiscent of that to which we should have paid better attention in the summer of 2001... I'm not so sure.

Answered this before.

Pleat was before my time.

Taylor we gave the summer, which was probably the right call at the time. The wrong call was getting Bassett instead of Moyes.

I'm not against sacking a manager when the club is in danger of relegation. We are currently in no such danger.

In short, I will never support sacking a manager while the club is in the right half of the table, it's a regressive policy to do so. On the other hand, if his contract expires and we're in an unsatisfactory position, then is the time to look at other options.

Archived