Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NathanC93

Pearson - Should he stay or should he go?

Should he stay or should he go?  

366 members have voted

1. 1. Leave or Stay

I have absolutely no idea why so many people have voted him to stay, I guess lots of fans are happy with constant failure to deliver. Personally I must have delusions of grandeur as I think top 6 was an absolute minimum with this group of players. I think it is nearly impossible for any other manager to have done a worse job over the last few months and still been in a job.

This thread has descended into a slanging match between "Pearsonouts" and "Pearsonites" the modern day "Sharks & Jets". I can clearly see valid points posted from both camps. Found myself doing a simple SWOT analysis :whistle: and I'm even more fookin confused than before!

As a long term advocate that stability pays dividends, I had to counter balance that with the hard facts of the last 16 games.

Ultimately what is best for our Football Club is not based on our opinions, it's firmly in the hands of our owners, their goal is Premiership as is that of all fans of LCFC surely? Based on the last 16 games he has to go, based on some of the football we've played this season we'd be foolish to let him go!

I could not vote simply because I'm genuinely torn, however what I think will happen, barring some miraculous twists of fate in results he will be a gone after Forest game. If I were pushed into deciding either way, sadly I would have to go against my stability bias, purely based on the fact his strengths are obviously surpassed by the results based facts.

I get all that, & agree :thumbup:

Pearson's big downfall this season was not working on 4231 or 4411 with the players who seem a great for it.

In the 4231

Any two from James, Drinkwater & King playing in the defensive two, adding cover for attacking fullbacks...

and in the attacking three having Marshall, Knockaert and Dyer pushing into the box to support a hardworking forward like Nuge or Waggy meaning 4 players in the attack & width provided with fast fullbacks, with no defensive concerns because of the defensive 2 in midfield.

Our players seem a great fit for that to have been worked on for more than just Hull away where we grabbed a great point with it

Similarly 4411 with Knockaert, Marshall or Gallagher playing off the front man, slotting balls through and naturally being a bit deeper for their long range specials... and free of the defensive shackles of providing cover to an attacking RB like RDL.

This is my biggest doubt with Pearson, been saying it for ages.

Fresh ideas are needed mate, same old same old, and teams know how to play against it. Two teams this season in Watford & Hull play 3-5-2 formation and look how well they are doing, they play with wingbacks as well, as we seen last night with Watford, in Anya and Cassetti, while Hull have El Mohamady and Brady.

Something like that I believe would be more entertaining to watch, and as I said before Birmingham played 5 in the middle when they came to us, Redmond and Morrison were allowed time to roam while Elliott and Gomis held as the more defensive of the midfielders, while Ferguson was the more wide and direct of the midfielders.

We need to be more attacking and more creative, flat 4-4-2 is shit and boring. Something like this would be more appealing.

Schmeichel/New Signing

De Laet, Morgan, New Signing, New Signing

New Signing, James, King

Knockaert/New Signing

Wood, Nugent

OR

Schmeichel/New Signing

De Laet - Morgan - New Signing - New Signing

James - King

New Signing - Knockaert/New Signing

Wood - Nugent

Allow De Laet and the left-back to play as wingbacks, while let the one or two attacking midfielders to roam around by moving out wide, inside and move around the 18 yard box, linking with other midfielders and the strikers.

4-2-3-1 is the best bet we have with our current crop of players. That way we wouldn't get overrun in the middle, and Knocky doesn't have to play out wide.

Schmeics

RDL

Morgan

Whitbread

Schlupp/ New LB

James

King

Marshall

Knockaert

Dyer

Wood

I would be happy if we fielded this team first game next season, NP or no NP

He will go. The owners know he is now box office poison. Emagine how many season ticket holders and on the day ticket buyers would they would lose if this inept third rate loser was to be kept on ? How would he make next season any better ? we all know he is tactically naive and has the personality of a dead fly. If the players would not or could not respond to him this season why would they suddenly do the opposite next season ? Get the twat out now.

Stay.

We have made progress this season, we've cleared a lot off the astronomical wage bill we had and we will finish higher than last season, we've replaced a lot of old has beens with some young players who have their best years in front of them rather than behind.

With some stability and time we will develop into a good team and with a couple of additions should come back stronger next season.

I rather take a chance on that than go through another summer of upheaval and another possible Paulo Sousa situation. Not to mention any new manager has to get us up and save 21 million for FFP.

You donkey!

This thread has descended into a slanging match between "Pearsonouts" and "Pearsonites" the modern day "Sharks & Jets". I can clearly see valid points posted from both camps. Found myself doing a simple SWOT analysis :whistle: and I'm even more fookin confused than before!

As a long term advocate that stability pays dividends, I had to counter balance that with the hard facts of the last 16 games.

Ultimately what is best for our Football Club is not based on our opinions, it's firmly in the hands of our owners, their goal is Premiership as is that of all fans of LCFC surely? Based on the last 16 games he has to go, based on some of the football we've played this season we'd be foolish to let him go!

I could not vote simply because I'm genuinely torn, however what I think will happen, barring some miraculous twists of fate in results he will be a gone after Forest game. If I were pushed into deciding either way, sadly I would have to go against my stability bias, purely based on the fact his strengths are obviously surpassed by the results based facts.

Very good post, feel pretty much the same tbh

i feel the same BTS

He will go. The owners know he is now box office poison. Emagine how many season ticket holders and on the day ticket buyers would they would lose if this inept third rate loser was to be kept on ? How would he make next season any better ? we all know he is tactically naive and has the personality of a dead fly. If the players would not or could not respond to him this season why would they suddenly do the opposite next season ? Get the twat out now.

sadly this

I have absolutely no idea why so many people have voted him to stay, I guess lots of fans are happy with constant failure to deliver. Personally I must have delusions of grandeur as I think top 6 was an absolute minimum with this group of players. I think it is nearly impossible for any other manager to have done a worse job over the last few months and still been in a job.

This

I thought Pearson's body language (yes I stayed behind to clap) on the lap of honour was that of a defeated man.

It was a stark contrast to the leader of men who stalked around the pitch after the Scunthorpe game a few years back.

I felt really sorry for him.

I'm getting a season ticket regardless of who the manager is. I suppose some might think this makes me a 'happy clapper'. I voted that Pearson should stay, but truth be told, I do not care either way. He is a solid manager who probably should get a chance to make his team perform for the whole season but if he doesn't, and we get an able replacement, then I will be happy with that too.

I just support the club,me.

I thought Pearson's body language (yes I stayed behind to clap) on the lap of honour was that of a defeated man.

It was a stark contrast to the leader of men who stalked around the pitch after the Scunthorpe game a few years back.

I'm getting a season ticket regardless of who the manager is. I suppose some might think this makes me a 'happy clapper'. I voted that Pearson should stay, but truth be told, I do not care either way. He is a solid manager who probably should get a chance to make his team perform for the whole season but if he doesn't, and we get an able replacement, then I will be happy with that too.

Kinda the way i feel, of course if we keep him on and we are struggling come say October/early November then i'd have no choice but to say it's time to go

Why on earth did any of them do a lap of honour?

What honour?

We've probably cocked up the league and have given away both cups at a whimper.

What 'honour' are we talking about?

If we win at Forest and make the play offs then ill understand.

Last night we lost didn't we.. And the players still wandered round like we'd won??

Why on earth did any of them do a lap of honour?

What honour?

We've probably cocked up the league and have given away both cups at a whimper.

What 'honour' are we talking about?

If we win at Forest and make the play offs then ill understand.

Last night we lost didn't we.. And the players still wandered round like we'd won??

This

Answered this before.

Pleat was before my time.

Taylor we gave the summer, which was probably the right call at the time. The wrong call was getting Bassett instead of Moyes.

I'm not against sacking a manager when the club is in danger of relegation. We are currently in no such danger.

In short, I will never support sacking a manager while the club is in the right half of the table, it's a regressive policy to do so. On the other hand, if his contract expires and we're in an unsatisfactory position, then is the time to look at other options.

How on earth can anyone claim it was the 'right call' to give Taylor the opening games of the 2001-02 season? Not even 'at the time', no. We went through one of our worst ever runs of form in spring 2001 after a humiliating cup defeat to Wycombe. Instead of being proactive, we stuck with him in the summer and couldn't turn the form around. Leicester fans quite rightly opted not to blame Bassett and Adams for failing to halt a run which began in March and ended in April a year later.

As a result of that failure, and our decision to allow it to persist into another season (with over five million spent on transfers in the summer of 2001), we went down, went bankrupt and very nearly ceased to be a football club. I hope the club, then, has learnt its lesson rather better than some of the posters on here!

Those fourteen months were enough to establish Taylor as the worst failure in our club's history, just as the past eighteen months have - barring something spectacular happening at the weekend - been enough to establish Pearson as having failed. I am amazed that someone, in trying to uphold the argument that eighteen months is not long enough for a manager, could possibly attempt to tilt the blame for what happened in 2001-02 away from Taylor and towards Bassett.

And how is it regressive to fire a manager when you are in the top half of the table? Every club has different objectives. If Man City finished 9th they would be right to fire their manager. For us 7th, 8th or 9th would represent every bit as much of a failure as our 18th (?) place finish under Kelly did back then. And I'm sure a competent board would consider the nature of that failure: Namely ending the season in the club's worst run of form in eight years.

If you can't remember Pleat, then the disastrous end of season runs under Taylor, Levein and Eriksson should be enough for you to see what happens when you persist with a manager who quite obviously isn't getting it right.

Leave.

And this is coming from someone who has always been a big supporter of him. Friday was garbage, it was painful to watch them tear us apart time and again.

It has been relegation form since the end of Jan, and considering the budget he's had to work with I think anything less than top 6 is failure. I'm pretty certain that would have been his minimum requirement, so with that in mind then yes, he has failed.

And please do me a favour and stop talking of going to Forest and winning, cause deep down I think everyone knows that despite what our hearts say, it ain't gonna happen.

Leave.

And this is coming from someone who has always been a big supporter of him. Friday was garbage, it was painful to watch them tear us apart time and again.

It has been relegation form since the end of Jan, and considering the budget he's had to work with I think anything less than top 6 is failure. I'm pretty certain that would have been his minimum requirement, so with that in mind then yes, he has failed.

And please do me a favour and stop talking of going to Forest and winning, cause deep down I think everyone knows that despite what our hearts say, it ain't gonna happen.

Sadly this

Archived