Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NathanC93

Pearson - Should he stay or should he go?

Should he stay or should he go?  

366 members have voted

1. 1. Leave or Stay

I'm not fussed either way because regardless of who our manager is we will not progress any further when some of our fans continue to give abuse and troll our players either at matches, on twitter, outside nightclubs or when they are walking around pitchside with their kids. Whilst this continues our players are always going to lose confidence and interest in playing for the club

Really guys? New manager AND squad? Are you guys not tired of this continuous sacking cycle that is Leicester City? You moan about Pearson not getting us up, but you want a new manager, and a new squad, so what happens when that doesn't work the first or second season, ship them about and get another manager and squad?

I wouldn't be against him staying but understand if he goes, but new squad, really?

Really guys? New manager AND squad? Are you guys not tired of this continuous sacking cycle that is Leicester City? You moan about Pearson not getting us up, but you want a new manager, and a new squad, so what happens when that doesn't work the first or second season, ship them about and get another manager and squad?

I wouldn't be against him staying but understand if he goes, but new squad, really?

What if it did work?

It's a tough one for me.

I've always really liked Pearson but towards the end of this season I did start to question myself. To me, it does seem like he has a habit of falling out with players and remaining stubborn and eventually forcing them out. Danns, Beckford, SSL and Mills for example. Rightly or wrongly something is not completely right behind the scenes and if this is going to be an ongoing problem, we aren't really left with much of a decision.

Tactically he has shown to be very one dimensional, unable to adapt to teams that aren't interested in attacking us. I admire what he has done with the majority of players he has brought in but I'm not sure he can be the man to motivate this team to do it all again next year.

I'm still undecided.

Good post generally

This season we have had 2 spells of 5 wins in a row, giving us 30 points from those 10 games, in the other 35 games we have amassed just 35 points, relegation form!

That suggests to me, that apart from two short periods of the season, we have been fairly consistently poor.

The two good spells have actually papered over some fairly alarming cracks,in my opinion, and i have seen nothing from Pearson that suggests that he is able to take us where we, and the owners want to be.

This season we have had 2 spells of 5 wins in a row, giving us 30 points from those 10 games, in the other 35 games we have amassed just 35 points, relegation form!

That suggests to me, that apart from two short periods of the season, we have been fairly consistently poor.

The two good spells have actually papered over some fairly alarming cracks,in my opinion, and i have seen nothing from Pearson that suggests that he is able to take us where we, and the owners want to be.

Interesting stats

I wonder how many of the 'Stay' voters change their vote, when we draw with the Trees (bound to - we never win there and it's a local derby, which inevitably ends in a draw) and miss out on the play-offs?!

I wonder how many of the 'Leave' voters change their vote when we win the Trees (First time for everything) and Bolton draw with Blackpool and we make the play-offs?!

Guest MattP

I wonder how many of the 'Stay' voters change their vote, when we draw with the Trees (bound to - we never win there and it's a local derby, which inevitably ends in a draw) and miss out on the play-offs?!

If you change your opinion on one game it's not worth much anyway.

Good call MattP. we are not talking about a side that performed badly in the first half of the season then turned it round under the managerial genius of Pearson. Keeping him under that scenario I can quite understand because there is promise of keeping that momentum into next season. But the exact opposite has happened.

So all those wishing to keep Pearson can I ask what exactly do they expect next season given that the team has imploded in such a dramatic style this season ? Do you think that given the summer break Pearson will bring in a few new fresh faces ( probably Man unted rejects ) and with the present crop of players who quite clearly haven't got a clue what Pearson want's them to do take the league by storm ?

You know deep in your hearts if we continue with Pearson it is going to go badly wrong from the start. Not to mention the amount of supporters who will not go down if he continues in charge. I am not a change for change sake supporter I too want stability at the club but I just do not see it happeneing with Pearson.

Good call MattP. we are not talking about a side that performed badly in the first half of the season then turned it round under the managerial genius of Pearson. Keeping him under that scenario I can quite understand because there is promise of keeping that momentum into next season. But the exact opposite has happened.

So all those wishing to keep Pearson can I ask what exactly do they expect next season given that the team has imploded in such a dramatic style this season ? Do you thing that given the summer break Pearson will bring in a few new fresh faces ( probably Man unted rejects ) and with the present crop of players who quite clearly haven't got a clue what Pearson want's them to do take the league by storm ?

You know deep in your hearts if we continue with Pearson it is going to go badly wrong from the start. Not to mention the amount of supporters who will not go down if he continues in charge. I am not a change for change sake supporter I too want stability at the club but I just do not see it happeneing with Pearson.

No, no and no. Don't try and tell me what I think, I know what my opinions are and you clearly don't.

What I hope for, and indeed expect, next season is for us to cut out the collapse by bringing in a bit of experience (preferably in midfield) to calm things down. In that way I believe we'll be a more composed side and we'll be able to maintain our brilliant form throughout most of next season. I imagine Pearson will learn from his mistake and have it dealt with.

If we had secured 28 points from the last possible 48 points available, we would now already be promoted! Not a big ask. Pearson has failed BIG TIME. What is it people don't understand about that? We only got 12, I repeat, only 12!!!!!!!

No, no and no. Don't try and tell me what I think, I know what my opinions are and you clearly don't.

What I hope for, and indeed expect, next season is for us to cut out the collapse by bringing in a bit of experience (preferably in midfield) to calm things down. In that way I believe we'll be a more composed side and we'll be able to maintain our brilliant form throughout most of next season. I imagine Pearson will learn from his mistake and have it dealt with.

Yes and you don't tell me to " imagine " because my imagination tells me exactly what will happen.

NP isn't good enough, could say harsh words against him but I am past the point of caring he has blown it!, only an unlikely promotion will save his job. When he leaves and we get a decent manager in not holding my breath if the Thais listen to Birch's advice, then we might progress at a more rapid rate.

Yes and you don't tell me to " imagine " because my imagination tells me exactly what will happen.

I didn't tell you to imagine. I said "I would imagine" - giving my opinion rather than stating what is apparently someone else's.

It is rather annoying I have to say, you trying to put words into peoples' mouths. As if no-one could possibly disagree with you.

I didn't tell you to imagine. I said "I would imagine" - giving my opinion rather than stating what is apparently someone else's.

It is rather annoying I have to say, you trying to put words into peoples' mouths. As if no-one could possibly disagree with you.

So you missed the point where I said " I just don't see it happening with Pearson" ? I also mention "I" several times . being selective in what you take umbridge with does you no service at all. If that's annoying to you just wait untill He's sacked you will be apoplectic. :thumbup:

I have my own views on the matter but just for arguments sake why is it that it's only post Christmas results that count when judging NP? And all this talk of 12 points? Last time I looked i could of sworn we had around 65 is it?? Or do we just pick out certain facts to back up our opinions?

No one can deny that we've well and truly missed out on a great chance of promotion /play offs possibly this season but the club as a whole has progressed from where it was 12 months ago and this side whoever manages it only needs a couple of additions to turn it into serious contenders for next season

I have my own views on the matter but just for arguments sake why is it that it's only post Christmas results that count when judging NP? And all this talk of 12 points? Last time I looked i could of sworn we had around 65 is it?? Or do we just pick out certain facts to back up our opinions?

No one can deny that we've well and truly missed out on a great chance of promotion /play offs possibly this season but the club as a whole has progressed from where it was 12 months ago and this side whoever manages it only needs a couple of additions to turn it into serious contenders for next season

Really?

We may just beat the number of points we had last season, is that progression?

A couple of additions? Seems we may need a new goalie, a right back, a centre half, a defensive midfielder, an attacking midfielder, at least one wide man and a striker. That's the first eleven sorted, just the bench to sort, so another goalie, another full back, another centre half, perhaps 2, 2 midfielders, a wide man and a couple of strikers.

It is because it was the second half of the season entirely that people are pissed off about. Such an abject collapse does not give much encouragement for next season under Pearson. A couple of new players will not change what happened in the second half of the season. Pearson lost it with the players who did not have a clue what they were supposed to be doing due to his constant tinkering and poor tacticis. So how is that going to change betwen now and next season ?

Archived