Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NathanC93

Pearson - Should he stay or should he go?

Should he stay or should he go?  

366 members have voted

1. 1. Leave or Stay

Guest MattP

Stay.

We have made progress this season, we've cleared a lot off the astronomical wage bill we had and we will finish higher than last season, we've replaced a lot of old has beens with some young players who have their best years in front of them rather than behind.

With some stability and time we will develop into a good team and with a couple of additions should come back stronger next season.

I rather take a chance on that than go through another summer of upheaval and another possible Paulo Sousa situation. Not to mention any new manager has to get us up and save 21 million for FFP.

Stay.

We have made progress this season, we've cleared a lot off the astronomical wage bill we had and we will finish higher than last season, we've replaced a lot of old has beens with some young players who have their best years in front of them rather than behind.

With some stability and time we will develop into a good team and with a couple of additions should come back stronger next season.

I rather take a chance on that than go through another summer of upheaval and another possible Paulo Sousa situation. Not to mention any new manager has to get us up and save 21 million for FFP.

exactly.

Imagine if this season we actually had another 3-4 'first teamers', which we could bring in over pre-season if we get rid of the likes of danns, beckford, konch, welles, gallagher, futacs, waghorn, vardy.

Stay.

I still find it hard to accept people saying we've made progress when we've averaged relegation form throughout the second half of the season. To me that's the very definition of going backwards. Especially as we're going to end up on roughly the same points as for the last two seasons, albeit with worse form in the final months of the year.

We don't know about the state of the wages yet. However we do know that the combined spending of Sven and Pearson could lead to the club's financial ruin if we don't go up before the owners grow bored. It's hard to call a manager who inherited the most expensive side in the league, then spent more on it than all bar three clubs but failed to get promoted, a sound financial mind.

Many of our young up-and-comers are little more convincing than the likes of Gareth Williams, Stephen Hughes, Joey Gudjonsson, Patrick Kisnorbo, Gareth MacAuley, Matty Fryatt and Iain Hume from the 05-07 era. Drinkwater, Knockaert, Marshall and Wood haven't improved while Futacs and Vardy are clearly not good enough. James, for me, is the only clear-cut positive among the younger signings, while only Morgan has truly done well among the seniors.

I see no viable defence of Pearson this time around.

However there is a good argument in what you say for keeping him - namely that we may be financially incapable of getting rid of him and it could be hard to get a manager good enough to bridge the gap between what the newcomer knows about the side and the league (quite possibly nothing) and Pearson's own considerable knowledge.

For me that is the only serious, credible argument for not firing him.

For me it's a tight division where you don't always get what you deserve we've not been good enough this season. Plus we've had some bad luck in some games, and not done quite enough in others. Any team can claim bad luck granted, but I doubt many of them can say they've only been soundly beaten by more than one goal once this season.

I've not quite given up yet though, and I wont be until Palace and Bolton make it to 69 points. I don't think we deserve it but maybe football will throw up one of those moments when you realise why you haven't beaten your local rivals on their own patch for 25+ years, because it was saved for a special day.

On Pearson I'd like to see him given another go, but I don't see the owners having the patience, which is a massive shame but sadly a cut throat mentality too many of our own fans and many the fans of many other ex Premier League clubs share.

I've said it on another thread but how many players look like they enjoy playing under NP, not many, you cant imagine someone scoring and running to him to celebrate. I think because of the way he is and his bluntness he can isolate players and at times like this and in games like tonight you need a man motivator like what O'Neil used to be like and what I imagine Zola is like.

Awful run of 2 in 16, but as we're in a business where the manager is the fall guy, I rather go with the view Pearson, having got us into this mess, needs to be backed until Xmas - he'll want to prove the doubters wrong and for his own pride sort it out.

We'll be back challenging top 2 next season and faced with the same 2nd spot come the end of January, under him, the players won't bottle it a second time...

Not sure it matters who is in charge. The reality is that none of our out of favour big earners are going to be easy to move on, and that coupled with FFP means there'll be very little business in or out this summer, other than the likely departure of Schmeichel. So a similar squad lacking bite in midfield, nouse up front and light on numbers in defence. Pearson has proved he can't manage this squad effectively enough, can anyone else? I'm not sure .

Stay.

Can't stand him or his tactical ineptness, or his stubbornness, or his poor purchases this year.

But can't stand going back to the manager merrygoround and the upheaval.

But if he stays, we will stay in the Championship.

He is very limited in his approach to the game.

Is this enough to get us out of the league? I don't think so, it's not going to take us automatically. In a playoff situation, tactically he won't cut it either.

If he stays, we'll be no better off than we are now. If people are happy with that, so be it.

Last night was yet another example of not having a clue of how to deal with the opposition on a tactical level. Like for like swaps and throwing attackers forward with long balls in the vain hope of them getting on the end of something is extremely poor tactical play. In the premier, we'd get absolutely hammered.

If he stays what would he do next season differently?

Would he play a new innovative formation? No he will probably play his prehistoric 442 which he has done for most of his managerial career

Would he play an attacking, pacy style of football? No he will play a defensive first, rigid, hoof based type of football which he has done for most of his managerial career

It didn't get us promoted last season, hasn't this season and wont next season. In short get rid.

If he stays what would he do next season differently?

Would he play a new innovative formation? No he will probably play his prehistoric 442 which he has done for most of his managerial career

Would he play an attacking, pacy style of football? No he will play a defensive first, rigid, hoof based type of football which he has done for most of his managerial career

It didn't get us promoted last season, hasn't this season and wont next season. In short get rid.

This

If he goes then some clown is going to want in because the owners will be influenced to open up a war chest out of lack of patience and the upcoming FFP. Seriously, Pearson will get rid of Danns, Beckford, Gallagher, Wellens and Konchesky. You lot think he's a fvcking moron! He can see what needs to be done, he just hasn't been stupid and thrown money around.

I'm sick of forcing people out of the club for Christ sake. We're becoming the new Cardiff with the way we bottle it, but I assure you that this has a fairy tale ending. Keep Nigel, build a squad with identity. We've got off the field problems at the moment anyway, that last three games have been instrumental in the building of a great atmosphere- we do that for the rest of the regular season and we deserve Premier League, what gives us a divine right to be there at the current time?

Stay

This season was all about preparing for ffp. I think we over-performed for much of the season. Looking at our core first team squad, I don't see any reason why we should have a particularly high wage bill. So I think we are ready for ffp, and should have a few million to spend on improvements.

I wonder how many other clubs have had the foresight to prepare in this way? Maybe we'll see clubs desperately trying to offload lots of players in the summer, causing upheaval in their squads. Meanwhile at Leicester, Pearson has already done all of that and is looking to pick off any bargains as they become available.

It may well turn out that the club have played this situation very astutely indeed. And that sounds good to me so I'm happy to go along with it. In which case Pearson must stay to finish the job.

Give him till Christmas.

For God's sake GO!!

Pearson has taken this team has far as he can. A season that promised so much we the fans are berated for being too optimistic but just look what had happened previously.

The Thais decided, ill-advisedly to ditch Sven get Pearson who said he has unfinished business and the Club since the end of January has been in reverse. How lucky we were to have gained so many points up until then because we sure would be fighting relegation now and with the last game at the 'Florists' League 1 would have been a formality.

Leicester City, at the business end of the season, simply haven't been good enough. When the chips were down we failed it is as simple as that.

For God's sake GO!!

Pearson has taken this team has far as he can. A season that promised so much we the fans are berated for being too optimistic but just look what had happened previously.

The Thais decided, ill-advisedly to ditch Sven get Pearson who said he has unfinished business and the Club since the end of January has been in reverse. How lucky we were to have gained so many points up until then because we sure would be fighting relegation now and with the last game at the 'Florists' League 1 would have been a formality.

Leicester City, at the business end of the season, simply haven't been good enough. When the chips were down we failed it is as simple as that.

Why do people solely blame Pearson for that?

Nugent-Penalty

Wes Morgan- Sent off

Paul Konchesky- Outpaced by Scannell in the cup (Where it all started)

They've done some fvcking stupid things and you know it's all the experienced heads that have been at fault for Christ sake.

Archived