Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Munshi

Train to Nottingham.

http://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/article/statement-from-nottinghamshire-police-806437.aspx

No ticket, no travel’ is the message for football fans ahead of tomorrow’s East Midlands derby.

Tickets for the Nottingham Forest v Leicester City match have sold out and Nottinghamshire Police are warning Foxes fans not to make the journey if they don’t have one.

2,000 Leicester fans will occupy the away end but the Force also believes some fans may have bought home stand tickets.

Along with both football clubs, they are warning fans to be on their best behaviour or face the likelihood of an arrest or possible ban.

Violence and nuisance behaviour will not be tolerated at the game.

Superintendent Mark Holland said: “If you don’t have a ticket to the game then don’t travel to Nottingham as you’re likely to miss the match and there are no facilities for the game to be shown on television screens.

“If you are lucky enough to have a ticket then please be aware that there will be high police visibility at the ground, and anyone causing football-related violence will face arrest.

“The dispersal of crowds under the Antisocial Behaviour Legislation is still in force and will be used if necessary.

“However we are hoping that fans from both teams will rise above the rivalry and just be a good sport by enjoying the game.â€

Read more at http://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/article/statement-from-nottinghamshire-police-806437.aspx#Kzmzr6Sfwgbq4FUj.99

They can boot you back to Leicester if they think you're going to cause trouble

Who says people are going to cause trouble, though i can see there point some "leicester fans" might just travel up for a p*ss up and a bunch up and probably have no interest in the football whatsoever.

I'm really looking forward tomorrow, I like how they've worded it "if your lucky to have a ticket" lol

Wouldn't suprise me if they checked match tickets at the train station

Yes I thought that, was going to hang on to two tickets I bought for two lads till tomorrow but they are on the train and we are on the bus so made sure they had them because "my mate at the ground has our tickets" would probably not convince officers at the station.

Yes I thought that, was going to hang on to two tickets I bought for two lads till tomorrow but they are on the train and we are on the bus so made sure they had them because "my mate at the ground has our tickets" would probably not convince officers at the station.

But they can't stop anyone travelling you could have a business meeting or anything. What actually can they do.

You never know mate ;)

But they can't stop anyone travelling you could have a business meeting or anything. What actually can they do.

They can make you leave the area if you are a football fan without a ticket and prohibit you from returning for a specified period. Similar to powers used to exclude people from city centres at night time when they are drunk.

They can when it comes to football.

All criminals you know!

Either Sheff Utd or Rotherham in the Adams promotion season they were sending anybody without a ticket straight back to Leicester!

Just be careful if you haven't got a ticket and your intending to go anywhere near the ground tomorrow mate Ha Ha!!!

I'll be on my double best behaviour mate. Not sure what's what yet but I'll drop you a text at some point I'm sure.

They can when it comes to football.

All criminals you know!

Either Sheff Utd or Rotherham in the Adams promotion season they were sending anybody without a ticket straight back to Leicester!

I went to Rotherham away that season and I'm glad I had a ticket because at the time I live in Rotherham.

It would've been very inconvenient to be sent back to Leicester !!

They can make you leave the area if you are a football fan without a ticket and prohibit you from returning for a specified period. Similar to powers used to exclude people from city centres at night time when they are drunk.

It's quite funny though. My dad and his two mates are on a canal boat in Nottingham tomorrow. One is a STH at Leicester, and my dad is a fan but rarely goes. How would they distinguish/define a football fan? I know that's being pedantic, but they do fit the criteria of being city fans without tickets although have no intention of going to the match

It's quite funny though. My dad and his two mates are on a canal boat in Nottingham tomorrow. One is a STH at Leicester, and my dad is a fan but rarely goes. How would they distinguish/define a football fan? I know that's being pedantic, but they do fit the criteria of being city fans without tickets although have no intention of going to the match

I would imagine any reasonable person from Leicester who states they have a valid reason to be there as your dad does or someone going shopping for example will have no problems and be able to go about there business.

Inevitably there will be some who go without tickets who will jump off the train singing tip toe through the treat end, I imagine they will be be the ones placed back on the return train.

Archived