Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ThurmastonFox

Watching it old style

How you managed that is a feat in itself. You must live in one deep cave, one without mobile signal! :scarf:

I was in Melton. Let the gf read my texts before I did to make sure no football was mentioned. No Internet and listened to capital fm to make sure there was no relevant news or sport. The day was torture

I was expecting you to say that you were stuck in front of ceefax all afternoon.

Haha still remember "watching" Leicester like that when i lived in London i think it was the O'neil promotion season thinking we had failed to win a game and then it updating about 20 minutes after full time with an injury time winner.

I have to say I think if i could do that i would live longer... the stress was unbearable especially on the radio just after the final goal when they said bolton had scored only to relies they hadn't

Yeah. That's a good point, who was the arsehole that said Bolton were winning... it almost broke my heart, in all the madness I had forgotten about this blip.

Remember trying this for the Newcastle game years back, my dad let slip we were 3-1 up (he heard it in the car) so allowed myself to watch the ceefax snapshot updates (the one where it flashed up the latest goals at the bottom of the screen) then slowly saw 3-2 shearer, 3-3 shearer and finally 4-3...you get the drift

As a superstitious fan I instantly blamed myself for the loss and haven't tried to hold out on the result since!

Yeah. That's a good point, who was the arsehole that said Bolton were winning... it almost broke my heart, in all the madness I had forgotten about this blip.

I think there were some ironic cheers in the background which led Stringer to ask if there had been another goal at the Reebok. The bloke said it was still 2-2 and then they realised it was coming from our fans who were laughing at the Forest fans kicking off and getting arrested lol that's how I remember it anyway.

I must say I don't remember anything about a disallowed goal.

I think there were some ironic cheers in the background which led Stringer to ask if there had been another goal at the Reebok. The bloke said it was still 2-2 and then they realised it was coming from our fans who were laughing at the Forest fans kicking off and getting arrested lol that's how I remember it anyway.

I must say I don't remember anything about a disallowed goal.

Heart in mouth moment.

Archived