Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kieran_86

Norfolk Foxes?

A'reet Buoy?

Being stranded in the flat lands, chances of any sort of same species interaction is limited to the tourist season. So, I thought I would reach out, in hope, to see if there are any other Foxes roaming the Norfolk countryside. If so, get in touch and maybe we can reproduce. Did I say reproduce, I meant start  the 'Norfolk Fraternity' 

Yours despairingly,

Kieran

No Leicester fans could be found on my latest outing in search of Sky television, but.........

Amongst the vacant stares of the locals, as they 'ohhh'ed & Arghh'ed' at the magic man on the talky box, I heard these words. 'We don't want any trouble, were Watford'. Like birds to a feeder in coldest winter, these lost souls had found the only pub playing the game within a 20 mile radius. Going for a crafty smoke I returned, to find a third Hornet, buzzing around the poorly tuned television in the corner of the room. They were friendly, diplomatic and realistic types, and needless to say they were better company than my lonesome. 

THERE MUST BE MORE LEICESTER FANS IN NORFOLK!!! I WILL NOT REST!!!

Thinking about it I've also seen a Norfolk Foxes flag occasionally in the back of a car winding its way back along the A47 but no idea who it is....

met a lad before Thusdays game,and it was him and his dad with the flag,He lives in Kings Lynn .He doesn't go to all games mind you.( that's if it's the same guys)

• 10 months later...

When I'm not in the Balkans I call King's Lynn home. Born and raised in the Fens. I'm usually there around Christmas time and occaisionally during the summer if anybody's about for a beer and a televised match down the pub....

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I am still traveling to every home game and most away games from Norwich. If anyone is ever traveling from Norwich on the train to a game let me know.

Or even if we are on sky and you are watching it in a pub somewhere. Would be good watch it with some other City fans.

Norfolk Supporters Club here we come.....

I'm not from Norfolk and don't live there but my girlfriend is from Downham Market and her family still live there so we visit quite often. Nice to know there are some people flying the flag that way.

I did randomly see someone wearing a city shirt in Lynn one time

I'm not from Norfolk and don't live there but my girlfriend is from Downham Market and her family still live there so we visit quite often. Nice to know there are some people flying the flag that way.

I did randomly see someone wearing a city shirt in Lynn one time

Possibly me! I bumped into quite a few City fans in Norfolk pubs this Christmas.

• 3 weeks later...

I am still traveling to every home game and most away games from Norwich. If anyone is ever traveling from Norwich on the train to a game let me know.

Or even if we are on sky and you are watching it in a pub somewhere. Would be good watch it with some other City fans.

Norfolk Supporters Club here we come.....

Are you going to the Spurs game? I am getting a lift down but getting a train home to North walsham?

• 9 months later...

King's Lynn  :scarf:

Have you been down to watch the linnets recently?

Good to know there are a few more Leicester fans in Lynn. I go to watch the Linnets as much as I can. Nice setup down there especially after the trauma of being wound up in 2009. Bit expensive though for the quality of football on offer, I go mostly for the burgers and beer at half time.

Can get a bit tasty if Corby, Merthyr or Wisbech are in town.

Good to know there are a few more Leicester fans in Lynn. I go to watch the Linnets as much as I can. Nice setup down there especially after the trauma of being wound up in 2009. Bit expensive though for the quality of football on offer, I go mostly for the burgers and beer at half time.

Yeah been going quite often recently, and can still get away with being a junior ;) Don't forget Coalville!

Yeah I get down there quite often, Tuesday night games. My employer is a big sponsor. Would love Lynn to get up a few divisions, shame it's such a low league position.

Yeah I get down there quite often, Tuesday night games. My employer is a big sponsor. Would love Lynn to get up a few divisions, shame it's such a low league position.

They always seemed to have the potential and the support for higher divisions, especially as there are few clubs nearby. Never happened though for whatever reason. Difficult to attract the players maybe because of potential distances. The attendances were around 1200 when I went regularly in 2005/06 but are very low now, simply surviving seems to be the number one priority.

Yeah been going quite often recently, and can still get away with being a junior ;) Don't forget Coalville!

Christ I forgot the Coalville games. You do get some pond life down at the Walks at times.

Archived