Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lovelcfc

Watford Away Play-offs Pre-Match Waffle

So what do we think will come in the second leg then? Personally I think if we score the next goal then we will be almost there, if they do it might become very tough, although konchesky might get done for pace I'd bring him back in for jeff, he looked very shaky at times. Never thought I'd say it but I'd start kane for wood on Sunday too, wood not on it at the moment and kane did well when he came on, what do we think

So what do we think will come in the second leg then? Personally I think if we score the next goal then we will be almost there, if they do it might become very tough, although konchesky might get done for pace I'd bring him back in for jeff, he looked very shaky at times. Never thought I'd say it but I'd start kane for wood on Sunday too, wood not on it at the moment and kane did well when he came on, what do we think

Correct on both counts. :thumbup:

I had a scan read of BBC text commentary last night and they mentioned that Wood had been under the weather this week, so that might account for some of his performance

In relation to Sunday I am with you and would start Konch but I would move Schlupp up front with Nuge, this means we have the option of Kane from the bench again

yep also agree on both counts

replace shclupp & wood

I also though wes was a bit dodgy too

but our right/centre defence, whole of midfield, nuge was awesome last night so keep the same shape for sunday and will be another good game

Konch offers next to nothing going forward & lack of pace will be a huge problem that will no doubt see us concede

Schlupp offers us the chance to break from the back, links up well with Dyer making our left side dangerous (helping keep their wingback on the back foot)

Both suspect defensively, but Schlupp's pace gives him the edge for me & then there's the attacking threat too

Wood is just awful at the mo, but Kane offers us something off the bench. It's important to be able to make a sub to positively affect the outcome of the game... So for me, he should be our 'super sub'

Much better as a forward than on outside left where he normally comes on.

Will be very tough game, we need to not concede for 20mins & their inexperience will show as it did Vs Leeds & Vs us in second half yesterday as the stadium & players descended into a bag of nerves.

If we concede early we'll be in trouble because we have to attack and they can slip into their natural countering style.

I agree to a point with schlupp but there rightback will skin konchesky all day long.

I would be tempted to play jeff up front tho, the centre halves found it easy to deal with the long balls up to wood and nugent but looked like they didn't like lloyd, knocky etc running at them.

I am more confident now more than every we are going to ******* I think the 1-0 lead gives us the chance to go out and play a normal game and they have to try and win, leaving them a bit more open to the counter attack, dyers pace may be a key to us scoring that all important 2nd goal.

I think we've done well to go into the second leg a goal up. We can play better than that though. I'd probably bring Konch in for Schlupp but that's the only change id make.

Mind you we ought to just give up if the watford fans are anything to go by, sounds like they've already made it to the final!

It's on the proverbial knife edge. Whereas a fortnight ago there is no question Watford deserved to win, I think we shaded it last night. We secured our first clean sheet in months, Nugent scored for the first time in months. Lets hope both become a habit.

We've also won two games in a row for the first time since January. We've enjoyed winning streaks this season. If Carling did 'winning streaks' this would be the time to have another one.

This time last week I must admit I had given up all hope of even getting in the play offs. Now we are one draw and one win from the Premiership.

Oh my

If we score first on Sunday, I wouldn't say it's over, but we would be close and it would probably be our's to throw away. Although we only have the goal advantage going into the game, at least we have something to defend.

I would keep Schlupp at left full back. I know he made that one dodgy pass, but overall I thought he matched Anya for pace and strength. Anya wasn't as influential as he was in the league game the other week. Someone made the point on the post match radio forum that Wood didn't look 100%, I slightly agree. Also, Kane was good when he came on, put his body about and linked up play well.

I would keep Schlupp at left full back. I know he made that one dodgy pass, but overall I thought he matched Anya for pace

Did you not see the three awful clearances that all nearly resulted in a watford goal if it wasn't for their poor finishing?

Think we should maybe go for 3 in the middle of the park....Although King / James more than held there own Last night so ignore that HA!

I'm going for a 1-1 and city to face palace in the final ;)

Archived