Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DennisNedry

Wood offside?

At 1-1 (2-1 aggregate), Wood got played through and looked onside for me.

Massive turning point in the game, could have been 2 goals up.

Can't blame the officials too much though, we got a really really dodgy penalty but we threw the chance away.

You could also throw in the handball in the first half - however accidental it may have been, that ball was going in.

Better team on the day won.

Agreed, but would Watford have been so dominating in the 2nd half if they were 2 goals down?

The Handball was a pen, Wood WAS onside and Knockys WAS a penalty. We got robbed, they wernt better than us, it was a very even game for the first 60 mins...Bringing Kane/them Bringing Foresteri changed the game and they were on top then. Even though we looked dangerous at moments bar the final ball and when we got the pen, If we had knicked it, It would of been deserved.

Oh and dont listen to Peter 'hindsite' Beagrie. he is a joke of a pundit. he said after the game 'I always said Leicester needed more than a 1 goal lead'. However I remember reading him saying 'The 2 questions to ask are, will Leicester take a lead in the 2nd leg? and will they stop Watford scoring? On both counts I think NO'..The stupid moron got both counts wrong and then has the cheek to say he said Leicester needed a 2 goal lead..Utterly Utterly SH*T pundit..get the F*K off sky you bellend.

It was hard to tell from the angle they showed. We should have had a penalty though, not at the end, but at the start.

If we're piling things on, Ekstrand did a 2-footed challenge on Knockaert in the last 5 minutes. Definite straight red, shocking that the referee missed it.

But I don't want to sound bitter, we had the chance to win it and we lost it, the better team won anyway.

watfords 2nd was the game changer! i was quite calm till that went in! we did deserve it to go to extra  time though over both legs anyway.but cause of one mans dive we didnt get it.i think we would have lost in extra time anyway and if not then definatly lost on penalties.only consolation is maybe 2 of this team would be good enough for the premier league the rest we would have to buy to stay up.

If it didn't hit his arm it was a goal  so should have been a penalty.

OK, then it wasn't a penalty.  To be a penalty it had to be deliberate.  Hand to ball not ball to hand.  As you say "if it didn't hit his arm......"

"A direct free kick is also awarded to the opposing team if a player commits any of the following three offences:

• holds an opponent
  • spits at an opponent
  • handles the ball deliberately (except for the goalkeeper within his own penalty area)"

Archived