Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kitchandro

The Penalty

Really thought he would have gotten the rebound in when I saw him miss. I didn't think that could get any worse after him missing but boy was I mistaken. I cannot believe we let them counter us like that, it was like they had given up after missing the penalty, where was the structure?

I also wouldn't have had Knockaert taken the penalty, simply because he was absolutely shattered for the last 15 minutes of the game, never mind after that run at the end.

I probably wouldn't have had Knockaert take it, but who else was there on the pitch who could have? Like others have said, Nugent and King have only ever taken one penalty between them. Plus Knockaert was brimming with confidence and had ths ball in his hands straight away... if someone else had taken it and missed we would be absolutely slaughtering them for not letting AK take the pen.

Hello all, Watford fan here.

Well, what a game for the neutrals eh? I was absolutely fuming when Leicester were awarded the penalty because we've had more than our fair share of bad decisions go against us this season. I can't believe that terrible dive by Knockaert, but why did the other players let him take it? He didn't look confident beforehand.

Anyway, it was one of the craziest games of football I have ever seen. I bear no ill feeling towards Leicester whatsoever, you gave it everything you had. If we go up this season, then that's great, but if we don't, I will look forward to two good games against Leicester in the Championship next season.

I do think you should stick with Pearson. He seems to me like a fairly good manager, and with a couple of god signings this summer, you could (and should) be challenging in the top-6 again.

I'm not going to lie, I feel that justice was done with that outrageous dive, but as I say, I have nothing against Leicester as a club. We've had a couple of Leicester fans on our forum who have acted like complete ******, but every club has its morons. I wish you the best for this summer, and for next season.

Come to gloat have you ? Because if you think that was justice you must be living in a Banana Republic

Read my entire post, brains. I'm not on here to gloat. If you'd bothered to read the rest, you'd notice that I said I have nothing against Leicester at all, and wish you best of luck in the future.

Read my entire post, brains. I'm not on here to gloat. If you'd bothered to read the rest, you'd notice that I said I have nothing against Leicester at all, and wish you best of luck in the future.

I read it all and that was my convulsion, like it or not.

I'm not going to lie, I feel that justice was done with that outrageous dive, but as I say, I have nothing against Leicester as a club

If we'd just had the miss and it had gone into extra time then maybe. Scoring straight afterwards was unnecessary :cry:

Well, what a game for the neutrals eh? I was absolutely fuming when Leicester were awarded the penalty because we've had more than our fair share of bad decisions go against us this season. I can't believe that terrible dive by Knockaert, but why did the other players let him take it? He didn't look confident beforehand.

Anyway, it was one of the craziest games of football I have ever seen. I bear no ill feeling towards Leicester whatsoever, you gave it everything you had. If we go up this season, then that's great, but if we don't, I will look forward to two good games against Leicester in the Championship next season.

I do think you should stick with Pearson. He seems to me like a fairly good manager, and with a couple of god signings this summer, you could (and should) be challenging in the top-6 again.

I'm not going to lie, I feel that justice was done with that outrageous dive, but as I say, I have nothing against Leicester as a club. We've had a couple of Leicester fans on our forum who have acted like complete ******, but every club has its morons. I wish you the best for this summer, and for next season.

Tell me - on the subject of outrageous cheating...and I appreciate you're operating within the rules of the game - how does it feel to follow a team which is in no sense a Watford team? Will Abdi, Anya, Vydera, Chabaloah, Foriesteri be playing in the yellow shirt next season - or are they just here on some kind of extended holiday?

Tell me - on the subject of outrageous cheating...and I appreciate you're operating within the rules of the game - how does it feel to follow a team which is in no sense a Watford team? Will Abdi, Anya, Vydera, Chabaloah, Foriesteri be playing in the yellow shirt next season - or are they just here on some kind of extended holiday?

Honestly? It feels great. Never before have we had players as good as these at our club. I can look at the teamsheet and know that the team that Zola has put out can give anyone in this division a hell of a game.

When we were owned by Bassini, we were in debt and we had to sell players every season just to attempt to break even. We really were the definition of a selling club. Now, that's completely changed. We have much better players playing in the Watford yellow, and the knowledge that financially, not only are we 100% safe, but that our owners have more players just like Vydra, Abdi and Battocchio who we have access to makes me very happy as a Watford fan. Maybe other clubs don't like it, but our football has won plenty of admirers this season and we've found a good balance between British, academy products and Udinese/Granada players this season, I'm just surprised they've gelled so quickly.

I am much happier with the current scenario than I ever was with Bassini, Simpson, the Russos etc. Having good, sensible owners who will not throw millions of £'s away in the hope of promotion is one thing, but having all these fantastic players we've taken from Udinese/Granada is just a bonus.

Oh, and one more thing - because it's an international loan, technically, it counts as a transfer, and not a loan.. Google it if you don't believe me :)

Well, what a game for the neutrals eh? I was absolutely fuming when Leicester were awarded the penalty because we've had more than our fair share of bad decisions go against us this season. I can't believe that terrible dive by Knockaert, but why did the other players let him take it?

So how did you feel when Wood was wrongly judged offside when through on goal or when your defender blocked the ball with his arm and no penalty given??? Don't make out you were hard done to

Well, what a game for the neutrals eh? I was absolutely fuming when Leicester were awarded the penalty because we've had more than our fair share of bad decisions go against us this season. I can't believe that terrible dive by Knockaert, but why did the other players let him take it?

So how did you feel when Wood was wrongly judged offside when through on goal or when your defender blocked the ball with his arm and no penalty given??? Don't make out you were hard done to

Much to my annoyance, I was watching the game on a crappy stream and could only listen to the commentary in the second half. I can't comment on the Wood incident, but I heard that the ball was smashed Ekstrand's way and he had no time to move out the way. If he moved his arms to block the shot then that's one a bit dodgy, yes, but you can't blame him if he unintentionally got in the way of the ball.

I also remember Deeney I think scoring in the 2nd half, only for it to be ruled out as offside. He looked onside from what I could see, but as I said, the quality of the stream was rubbish and that was one of the few moments I caught a glimpse of when (attempting to!) watch the game.

Much to my annoyance, I was watching the game on a crappy stream and could only listen to the commentary in the second half. I can't comment on the Wood incident, but I heard that the ball was smashed Ekstrand's way and he had no time to move out the way. If he moved his arms to block the shot then that's one a bit dodgy, yes, but you can't blame him if he unintentionally got in the way of the ball.

I also remember Deeney I think scoring in the 2nd half, only for it to be ruled out as offside. He looked onside from what I could see, but as I said, the quality of the stream was rubbish and that was one of the few moments I caught a glimpse of when (attempting to!) watch the game.

Are you real ? Now it's a crappy stream, the commentary clear said that both players threw themselves infront of the ball. NOT BALL TO HAND. It will be intresting to see what your owners do next, especially if you don't go up.

Honestly? It feels great. Never before have we had players as good as these at our club. I can look at the teamsheet and know that the team that Zola has put out can give anyone in this division a hell of a game.

When we were owned by Bassini, we were in debt and we had to sell players every season just to attempt to break even. We really were the definition of a selling club. Now, that's completely changed. We have much better players playing in the Watford yellow, and the knowledge that financially, not only are we 100% safe, but that our owners have more players just like Vydra, Abdi and Battocchio who we have access to makes me very happy as a Watford fan. Maybe other clubs don't like it, but our football has won plenty of admirers this season and we've found a good balance between British, academy products and Udinese/Granada players this season, I'm just surprised they've gelled so quickly.

I am much happier with the current scenario than I ever was with Bassini, Simpson, the Russos etc. Having good, sensible owners who will not throw millions of £'s away in the hope of promotion is one thing, but having all these fantastic players we've taken from Udinese/Granada is just a bonus.

Oh, and one more thing - because it's an international loan, technically, it counts as a transfer, and not a loan.. Google it if you don't believe me :)

We know it's legal obviously and obviously better than hovering around the relegation zone on the verge of bankruptcy. But it really isn't a Watford team in any sense is it? You've found a loophole and exploited it to the maximum and a whole load of Championship clubs will be trying to do the same next season and before we know it the Championship can be re-named the La Liga Reserve League and we can play in Rome, Middlesbrough can play in Milan, Sheffield Wed can move to Seville and we'll just watch on the telly.  And then someone will say - the England team isn't doing very well - because except for the top four in the Premiership all the Academies will have gone because hey we don't need them any more. And that will be Zola and watford's legacy. Because however essential keeping to the spirit of the game is, it's not a legal requirement.

Are you real ? Now it's a crappy stream, the commentary clear said that both players threw themselves infront of the ball. NOT BALL TO HAND. It will be intresting to see what your owners do next, especially if you don't go up.

No, I'm not real. I'm just in your imagination.

Was that the Leicester commentary, by any chance? ;)

No, I'm not real. I'm just in your imagination.

Was that the Leicester commentary, by any chance? ;)

You really are a twat of the highest order. The commentary was Sky which seemed to favour yourselves and dispite your great set up you finished 3rd and only won because our lot made a total mess of covering any possible counter attack if the penalty was missed, shame you sugar daddy EJ left all those years ago

We know it's legal obviously and obviously better than hovering around the relegation zone on the verge of bankruptcy. But it really isn't a Watford team in any sense is it? You've found a loophole and exploited it to the maximum and a whole load of Championship clubs will be trying to do the same next season and before we know it the Championship can be re-named the La Liga Reserve League and we can play in Rome, Middlesbrough can play in Milan, Sheffield Wed can move to Seville and we'll just watch on the telly.  And then someone will say - the England team isn't doing very well - because except for the top four in the Premiership all the Academies will have gone because hey we don't need them any more. And that will be Zola and watford's legacy. Because however essential keeping to the spirit of the game is, it's not a legal requirement.

It is a Watford team, indeed. If we want those players permanently, then we can have them. Our owners have already said this.

I'm very happy with my club and the way things are, and I hope this continues for years to come.

You really are a twat of the highest order. The commentary was Sky which seemed to favour yourselves and dispite your great set up you finished 3rd and only won because our lot made a total mess of covering any possible counter attack if the penalty was missed, shame you sugar daddy EJ left all those years ago

Aw, diddums! Wah wah wah!! etc.

I'm glad the rest of the Leicester fans on here aren't as dim-witted and bitter as you are.

It is a Watford team, indeed. If we want those players permanently, then we can have them. Our owners have already said this.

I'm very happy with my club and the way things are, and I hope this continues for years to come.

:thumbup::crylaugh: like the players and agents have no say and you still have the embargo to get around to stop any cheap deals

lol

We've done this to death already. Q: How many Leicester academy players have had senior game time this season? A: 3. Watford ? A: 9.  And as for the team not being Watford players look at the winning goal - save by Almunia (Watford) cleared by Anya (not Watford but British) cross by Forestieri (Watford) nodded down by Hogg (Watford) smashed home by Deeney (Watford).

Archived