Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicesterpool

Rewarding away fans

Just got back from the ticket office where we were getting tickets for Boro and Wycombe and it appears the loyalty system has now changed.

Tickets this year will go on sale on different dates depending on how many away games you went to last season and how big the allocation is. For example if we got a 3,000 allocation at Derby the first day of sale might be for those who went to 12 or more games last season but if we got a 1,500 at Forest the first day of sale would be for those who went to 15 or more away games last season.

This obviously is fairer in rewarding those who have been to more games in giving them greater priority but surely the club cannot do this having advertised a priority system for the whole of last season that people had in consideration when chosing which games they went to?

Me and my dad go to quite a few away games and last season I made 13 and him 12. With the system that was advertised throughout the duration of last season a Tuesday night away game was worth 15 points and a Saturday 3pm one worth 10 with season ticket holders needing 130 points for top priority this season. We went to a couple of Tuesday night away games so even though my dad only went to 12 matches he still had over 130 points and was told at the end of the season that if we renewed we would both be priority one.

It's surely wrong of the club to implement this system now and I'm pretty pissed off that they're not honouring an agreement that they made by having that system in place. In my opinion the new system should come in next season after it's been advertised for a year this season. Anyone else envisage problems with this? And anyone know if they can actually do this?! (is it part of the T&Cs of sale if people are buying away tickets in line with a priority system?)

The shambles that is our ticket office continues. To think that someone actually gets paid a wage for managing that horror show is embarassing!

It's not a bad system but it's ridiculous at the same time that they've effectively not fulfilled your deal on your season ticket.

Agreed about the ticket office. I'll be amazed if there's a worse one in the country.

It's not a bad system but it's ridiculous at the same time that they've effectively not fulfilled your deal on your season ticket.

Agreed about the ticket office. I'll be amazed if there's a worse one in the country.

Prepare to be "amazed". There's plenty that are worse than ours.

I think what happened during the Watford game will take some beating.

Hardly the ticket offices fault per se.

More to do with the people higher up that organise things.

The priority system wasn't the problem last season, they way it was managed was, and I doubt that will change.

The numbers in each group were such that priority 1 and 2 last season should have been guaranteed a ticket for any away game, regardless of what time they tried to buy their ticket on the first two days of sale, but that obviously didn't happen as games (Forest and Watford I think?) sold out on priority 2 day and rightly some people were very cheesed off.

All this new system will do is muddy the waters so no-one actually knows how many people are in 'PB1' or 'PB2' as they're constantly changing how many people are in each group, which means they'll be able to brush off any complaints a lot easier if a similar situation arises. 

Archived