Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
City Fan

Will we sign a new striker......

Will we sign a new striker before the start of the season?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Will we sign a new striker before the start of the season?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

I hope we do sign one before the start of the season. Dublin and De Vries will never be suitable partners up front for Connolly, and Wright and O'Grady are even worse to be fair. I think Connolly deserves a decent strike partner.

i think we will sign another striker but the new season starts on saturday yes 5 days so i think it is unlikeley before the start of the season as these things take a few days to go through dont they so i voted "undecided" as im not sure :)

Make no mistake if CL does not address this problem, much as most of us think he's on the right tracks as a manager, it could be a suicidal own goal for his managerial ambitions.

It will also greatly affect Leicester City's potential for success on the field and at the bank and the directors won't want that either.

The Walkers Stadium is a theatre. With good management the seats will be full. With insufficient attackers they won't and the theatre can't survive without a busy box office.

I think a Striker would need to be installed by Tuesday latest if he has any chance of linking up with his new team mates, so i would doubt even if we sign a striker he would`nt be upto starting against Sheff Utd,

I fullt trust CL and i would rather he takes his time to get the right striker rather than be panicked into a poor signing.

Make no mistake if CL does not address this problem, much as most of us think he's on the right tracks as a manager, it could be a suicidal own goal for his managerial ambitions.

It will also greatly affect Leicester City's potential for success on the field and at the bank and the directors won't want that either.

The Walkers Stadium is a theatre. With good management the seats will be full. With insufficient attackers they won't and the theatre can't survive without a busy box office.

147681[/snapback]

Levein WILL sign a new striker this week. If he fails to get one in, he will definately get one in as soon as possible. The fact we've missed out on about 3 strikers we've gone for has meant that we've still not got a striker at this stage in pre-season. I think we'll have one by wednesday. ;)

What part of Craig Levein's interviews about his intention to buy a new striker don't you understand?

147695[/snapback]

I am 100 per cent sure Levein is no fool so I am 100 per cent sure he will sign new striker's by the end of this week.

Keep Connolly, sign Dickov...

Sell Connolly, sign Dickov and one other.

Sell Connolly and sign two others...

The permutations being bandied about seem endless.

Bet you won't see Levein much around the training ground these next 48 hours.

Important decisions these and if he gets em right THEN you might see City as a reasonable bet for the play-offs.

I am 100 per cent sure Levein is no fool so I am 100 per cent sure he will sign new striker's by the end of this week.

Keep Connolly, sign Dickov...

Sell Connolly, sign Dickov and one other.

Sell Connolly and sign two others...

The permutations being bandied about seem endless.

Bet you won't see Levein much around the training ground these next 48 hours.

Important decisions these and if he gets em right THEN you might see City as a reasonable bet for the play-offs.

147736[/snapback]

The most exciting week for a long while. The prospect of a new striker or two and countdown until we can give Warnock a good kicking.

Levein WILL sign a new striker this week. If he fails to get one in, he will definately get one in as soon as possible.

147685[/snapback]

Bit of a contradiction there don't you think? :unsure:

Yes we will definitely sign a striker we can't wait until January with 2/3 of the season gone.

My concern is why we have been knocked back so often (apparently) . If we are going to settle for CL's 10th or 11th choice will they be good enough?

Archived