Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wozzler

Fan of The Jam?

Leicester fans...... if you're in to Paul Weller and The Jam, Leicester based 'Maximum Jam' (a Jam Trib) are playing at Ibstock Welfare on Friday 5th July.

Check out their face book page on 'Maximum Jam - Jam Tribute' and also www.maximumjam.com

I just don't get the whole tribute band thing myself, the odd cover version thrown in is alright but it's nice for artists to put their own twist on something.

Some of these bands are massive though like the Australian pink floyd show and then you get bands like the bootleg Beatles who release and album of Beatles covers! Why would anyone ever by an album of tracks from a band pretending to be another band when they can buy the original recordings.

I've seen a Meat Loaf tribute band and thought they were good. Closest thing to the real thing I am likely to see. Even dressed like him and about the same build.

If the original members of the group are dead they make a reasonable substitute. A tribute Lynrd Skynrd group would make a better sound than putting the originals on stage..

only done one good track, 'down the tube station'.

You must be joking!

And, that's not even their best song!

Town Called Malice, Bitterest Pill (that's my favourite Jam song), 5 O'clock Hero, Mr. Clean, News Of The World, Eton Rifles, Modern World etc all top quality songs.

You must be joking!

And, that's not even their best song!

Town Called Malice, Bitterest Pill (that's my favourite Jam song), 5 O'clock Hero, Mr. Clean, News Of The World, Eton Rifles, Modern World etc all top quality songs.

Bitterest pill wasnt too popular amongst jam fans but I have to say I like it too.  5 o'clock hero was always a fave of mine.

I just don't get the whole tribute band thing myself, the odd cover version thrown in is alright but it's nice for artists to put their own twist on something.

Some of these bands are massive though like the Australian pink floyd show and then you get bands like the bootleg Beatles who release and album of Beatles covers! Why would anyone ever by an album of tracks from a band pretending to be another band when they can buy the original recordings.

Speaking from my own experience, I got sick of doing gigs playing my bands own material with nobody listening and not getting paid.

I formed a tribute to 60's supergroup Cream and toured the UK and Europe getting paid loads and playing massive crowds then joined an Oasis tribute again getting paid loads, having a right laugh whilst acting like a c*nt on stage.

Not saying everyone in a tribute band has the same story but I bet its a pretty high percentage that agree.

Archived